Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Marina and Pearl resemble Lucio and Gremlin D.va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdF7a8Wa74

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2017 around 19:01

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I am just going to wear earbuds plugged into my phone with headphones plugged into my Switch, that should be fine right

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Smiles what the hell is an esports monitor?

Input lag is a hell of a thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I prefer ice cream, but that Pearl-Kendrick remix may sway me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I couldn't really tell you the taste difference between ice cream and gelato. The latter is creamier I guess?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I remember this reference to the 2006 film 300

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

How do you use the Splat Charger

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

The motion controls would be perfect if I could also use the stick for Y axis, motion is great for fine-tuning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I am getting blown up a lot spawning on teammates...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Jump only to safe teammates. The enemy will get a big indicator of you landing and will kill you as soon as you land. Conversely if you have a charged super punch ult you can use it mid super jump and it's a great way to tell jump campers to get hosed

Oh that makes a lot of sense, the animation should have been a giveaway but I didn't think about that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Is there a way to change weapons in the middle of a match? Or even between matches if I pick "Continue?"

And can I not back out during the searching for a game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Nice!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Pearl seems like a good MC from the track that plays in the square

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

LPG Giant posted:

Today I learned that squids (inklings) are different from octopi (octolings).

This is my first Splatoon game and I can't tell the difference either.

...are we racist?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I was at the grocery store today and ended up buying BOTH ice cream and cake.

I see what they did there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pearl looks good in some fanart

Infinitum posted:

Pearl fanart - Interesting and creative art
Marina fanart - Hey yo check out dese Squiddy Tiddies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Please report the hot strats from Prima when you get it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Ironic, since in the screenshots we've seen, Pearl is the one that seems nice and sincere and Marina is the one dropping witty putdowns at every opportunity

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

pichupal posted:

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/...831551790206976

Also, anyone with an early copy of the game happen to have the Salmon Run schedule available?

Pearl plays shooters like I play shooters

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/...099532222980099

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Downloaded. See some of you on the battlefield

e: Don't get cooked stay off the hook is such a lovely sign-off

It reminds me of the sign-off from that one cop in The Wire, "Don't get captured"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Yeah Euros really love their mayo, isn't the mayo with fries a Dutch thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Why aren't more people talking about Squid Beatz 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I have no strong feelings about either of those condiments, and there's something displeasing about mayo when it's presented to you in a jar like those images. But honestly the only use I can think of for ketchup is dipping fries, and I can eat good fries without them. Mayo is actually a more versatile ingredient, and if you include aioli in there (it's close enough) then it's an even stronger side than ketchup

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I eat more mayo mixtures so I chose that

Also are you the dude with the "Knack 2 da future" posts in inkopolis

I am a part of the Knackverse but that one isn't mine, this one is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

In the US most ketchup supporters will be children and dilute the skill level of that side, mayo will take the wins on the two battle categories

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I am using the steering wheel method for the X-axis like the one video posted earlier, so the motion for that originates at the shoulders. The way I normally hold controllers, my wrists are usually locked or almost locked on the Y-axis, so I constantly have to reposition into an awkward-feeling "neutral" stance in order to give myself enough room to tilt down

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Two parts ketchup to one part hot sauce (Cholula or Tapatio, if you have access to it, but Tabasco is fine) is amazing for french fries

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I still haven't played any of the ranked modes or Salmon Run, all I've been doing all week is single player and Turf War

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have no loving clue why anyone voted Moray Towers into the final Splatfest. Kelp Dome at least is a nice big simple map you can run around in.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Uh wow is there a difficulty spike for level 19 because all the previous ones have been babytown frolics and now I have game overed more than a dozen times.

Also now I hate the blaster

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I wonder what sponge guy thought when this came up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I think the umbrella is my favorite weapon so far.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

I have RIPed over a dozen times in Level 24, ugh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Is that the Aiden

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Every time I feel good about winning a match I notice the other team has a 0-0 player

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Well, my last win put me up to champion and also maxed out my splatfest shirt. I think that's as good a time as any to call it a night and vote up all the mayo art. Godspeed

(Where did the guy who scrubs your shirts go)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Caphi posted:

He's out in the middle of the plaza watching the concert.

Thanks!

On Team Mayo I was matched up pretty quickly (less than 30 seconds) most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even just basic tactics like managing what Boss dies first. I've seen rounds die because everyone actively ignored Steelheads, Flyfish and Stingers until they just dominated the map.

The simple fact with Chargers in Salmon Run is it's unfeasible, and unacceptable, to assume every single player is competent with the only weapon type that has a minimum skill level necessary to be decent. Players who main Chargers aren't exactly going to be common to start with, and it's still a diceroll to put one in their hands for one wave out of three.

Maybe you should form a raid group and eliminate this problem

«2 »