Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

tap my mountain posted:

Don't those two only appear in profresh? If they show up during Go-Getter then they're rare enough for you to breeze through without encountering them.

Dr. Fetus posted:

They start appearing in Overachiever.

Gusher is especially bad since it can be hard to notice that the sprouts have different heights and Grizzle's tip after the round is basically red herring. Having to shoot the carriers in mothership round is kinda counter-intuitive too but at least that should be easy to spot.
Also at least for me, those two have been basically nonexistent for week or so, until today I got fuckload of Motherships, including one round on Beach that I had never seen before.

My personal hell is Glowflies still. Somehow people have yet to figure out how to do it, so it's 50-50 whatever I can spam This Way hard enough to lure people next to basket.
Also any SR set has a brush in it is objectively the worst.

e: Also today I had SR run that spawned basically everything on the beach on the right from spawn. You would think that it would make it easy to keep track of poo poo but in practice it was literally impossible to actually get in there to collect eggs. We would have failed but the game also spawned three or four Maws at once and hey, fuckload of eggs right next to basket. Apparently you can kill multiple Maws with one bomb if they all jump at the same time.

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

LethalGeek posted:

I need to play more ranked but salmon run is so drat fun

Sometimes I play Turf War because Salmon Run isn't available. I think Profreshional should be made a little bit easier and new rank added above it. As it stands now, I feel like the difficulty jump is a bit too high, which results in some people raising to Profresh, being clearly over their head and dropping fast back to whatever it was.
I wish Nintendo would release usage stats at some point like Blizzard/Riot has done couple times.

Also, Inklings are really filthy.

What does the local youth have to say about this?

Ok, thank you.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also for those of you complaining about Marina's NA personality, they toned down her attitude in the update. (And she's confirmed to be an Umbrella main.) Let it be known that Treehouse does listen to complaints.

They listen to more than complaints, I think.

Incidentally, today I still had people kiting during Glowflies. The one thing where the loving Dynamo Roller is actually not a platonic exercise on how to make the most worthless weapon (other than Goldie which wouldn't surprise me if it got patched out) and people insist on leading the wave away from basket. I'm going to have a loving stroke. I'm seriously just not going to play SR anymore during times when Dynamo is in it, it's so incredibly unfun to play with.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Decided to play one last Salmon Run today while waiting on food. I'm just going to start blocking people who run off during Glowflies, if it's the Roller, I'll report them too. Go be garbage in someone else's game.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Steel your hearts and prepare your souls.
I'm going to drop to Part Timer with these two sets.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Was this posted already?

https://twitter.com/kgm00/status/898178725786730496

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Has Nintendo gone too far with their Salmon Run ARG?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Am I loving something up or do you actually have to Splashdunk yourself into the Flyfish's missile pods to break them? Which is possible approximately never. It's probably the only thing I haven't tried yet. Was it added in just to make people waste their specials trying to dunk the flying poo poo?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is there a bunch of art in the square demanding Nintendo bring back Callie?

LethalGeek posted:

I mean why not more Callie?

dragon enthusiast posted:

replace pearl with callie

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I was going to go Team Invis purely for better queue times but after this announcement, I'm no longer sure that it will be the case.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Minami-SAMA ( @minami_ika) ja sarjakuva hazuki-Kun nawabali taistelu hazuki-Kun ja Akita-söpö ja hauska laji, on työtä rakkaudesta. Joten päädyin samassa joukkueessa, mutta kaksi yksilöllinen käsinkirjoituksen 塗renakatた anteeksi ja pahoitellen. < Ko: 彡 < mukava este!

Ok.

I'm a little salty that the new map happens to come out when it's 3am here. They datamined two maps for SR? Hopefully Nintendo will still release more or otherwise mix up the mode to keep it fresh.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Marina is a constant state of worry

Existential crisis after studying Inklings and realizing that her species lost to these chucklefucks.
Also possibly having homesickness due to Inkopolis not having smog, pollution, failing lightning systems and clanking machinery everywhere. At least she now has a motorcycle she can rev to lull herself to sleep.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I love getting Salmon Rush/Grillers in round 1 because its a 50/50 chance you go down 20 points because your team has no idea what to do :geno:

I have no idea why people think running around rather than hunkering down is a good idea in rush rounds.

Same.
As bonus, I somehow seem to always get the charger for Grillers, at which point my team collectively decides to let me handle the smallfrys. If you have charger, you can solo the Grillers by jumping between the long docks but chances are that if you have to do that, your team will die to smallfrys and it's all naught.

Also, holy loving poo poo, somehow people loving love running off during Glowflies even more than on old maps. At least on those 'This Way' spam had a chance of getting people into right spot. Here everyone runs off to the corners of the map on full tilt every single loving time, despite there being a clear and awesome platform to holding your ground, god loving damnit.

This map seems a lot easier than the old ones tho, maybe because all the spawn points are somewhat close so you don't have to travel that far to take out the Stinger spawning as far away from everyone as possible, or maybe because the map sorta funnels all enemies into easily killable mobs while leaving players lots of space for movement.

Based on the sample size of drawings on the plaza, Team Fly is a lot more popular than Team Invis. Or maybe I just didn't see them.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

pokeyman posted:

...oh. I’ll give that a try!

It's really fiddly, even if Drizzler decides to shoot it towards you, positioning yourself properly can be a pain. And then your teammate might just shoot it off into distance to get rid of it. It's nice when it works but I feel like just shooting the Drizzler in his stupid face is far more consistent way to get rid of him, especially if someone is there helping you.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

BUT THEY LOOK LIKE CHICKENS

This is your salmon

This is your salmon on eggs

Salmon eggs are delicious. Mix them with smetana and chopped red onions, spread on toast and grind some pepper on top. Or cover a boiled potato with it. My mother swears that they go well with gravlax but I personally feel that it should be eaten on ryebread, not with eggs.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/hrnyici/status/901493400309977088

I don't read inkling runes so I don't know if their methods are sound.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Ability drinks are supposed to make certain abilities easier to get while leveling gears, right? Well, I did just that, and I got just one piece what was supposed to be in the drink.

Random chances are such bullshit. Just gimme the stuff already!

I think the latest theory from dataminers is that drinks set the chance to get that ability to 30%. So you aren't even statistically expected to get a single desired ability per gear you max. And like Lakbay said, couple pieces of gear aren't affected.
If you really want to minmax your drink, scrub your gear every time it gets the first level. Expensive tho. At least it also means that you can use your Haunt/Coldblood drinks for the exp bonus and not have to worry too much about ending with just them.

Sandwich cakes are great and that sounds delicious.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

raditts posted:

What do Haunt / Cold Blooded drinks do though? Aren't those main-only abilities?

They should and those don't probably actually exist, I didn't think very long about examples for bad drinks. Just drink everything.

I'm glad that it's not in the game like that, because having some rear end in a top hat just death touch you across the map is Splat1 specials level of bullshit. They probably should have just scrapped it, it's design means that it can never really be good.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

How is the single player mode in this game?

It's ok but really short. Pretty much a tutorial for the controls and various weapons.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Afro posted:

just encountered my first flight tanker

did nothing but stand around on the spawn the whole match. after a while all 3 of us were shooting at him on the spawn spamming "THIS WAY"

Some people fight with skill, others fight with weapons-grade autism.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Can you opt out of these events?

Splatfest? No, during the 24 hours it runs, Turf War, Ranked and League are disabled. Salmon Run still happens during it's own times because Mr. Grizz doesn't give a poo poo about labour laws.

Get a rank or two, it rewards you with Snails that are used to add slots to gear or reroll the abilities on gear. Splatfest happens only about once per month anyway.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Why do they make you participate? I never have much time to play and my one day I have free its this event I don't care for

You can still go and shoot ink at other squids. Splatfest is just fancy looking Turf War where you have to pick a thing to cheer for.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also don't waste your snail shells on rerolls you morons

How many sets of clothing you need? There's no point in collection millions of Snails, keep maybe six spare so that you can make a new set if something strikes your fancy and spend the rest on rerolls to get chunks.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Brella is amazing in SR, it would be very good even with the shot only, because it has great combination of damage, spread, area and number of bullets for taking out both trash and bosses. And then it has the projectile as bonus.
Did anyone test if the shield protects you from enemy attacks?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

My Splatfest experience was like this

They didn't DC or anything, they were just really loving bad. Lost my way to Champion and gave up. I had two games where I sat in middle and tried what was the furthest I could throw a burst bomb while my teammates camped enemy at spawn and a single game where the game was really even, which was fun even tho I lost. Just randomly assembling teams would probably lead to more even games so I have no loving idea what the matchmaker was doing, certainly not using Team Power because enemy constantly had that 200-300 higher than my team.

Also the lag was loving unreal, I had someone swim through my bomb's worth of ink, halfway up uninkable ramp and kill me before emerging from squid form. Some people could just kill me before they even started firing. Matchmaking would repeatedly die to connection errors. I have no loving idea how the gently caress Nintendo managed it since Salmon Run worked just fine.

I'm extremely loving salty.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I'm kinda curious about the Solo Score being so heavily in Flight's favour. That's actually kinda huge difference. What the hell happened there.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I think we all know the real reason Pearl keeps losing the popularity but winning the battle scores.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Probably because they prefer invisibility to flight you weirdo

I honestly saw basically zero art for Team Invis until Marina made her splatzone comment. Pearl's mayo cake probably didn't help. But it's kinda impossible to tell if those had any real effect since there's nothing to compare to.
Another thing is that, at least for me, Flight vs Invisibility is kinda boring choice, so more people would ignore it since they don't really care and pick based on the idols and their lines.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who would want salmon eggs in this day and age... other than the last two cats?...

Well, Judd's food bowl does appear to contain a chunk of salmon. But let's be real, squids would eat them. Squids eat everything, even each other. Sometimes especially each other.

I hope we learn more about Grizzco/salmon eggs. Egg collecting is pretty recent thing in-universe, so if Off the Hook talks about some new and weird product, it might be connected.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/6xxyzc/squidbaggings_a_bannable_offense_and_its_pretty/

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

This would probably be really useful if I ever played with anyone good and organized enough to actually follow it.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Keiya posted:

Honestly, this looks less like 'don't farm chunks' and more 'don't hop out constantly'. It's now better to do all three before scrubbing, but it's still good to use the shirt to farm chunks.

It's still a nerf to chunk farming since it went from 4k exp per chunk to 7.5k exp.
It also takes 22.5k exp to fill, compared to 18k and 21k exp for one slot and two slot gear, so it's only benefit really is that it's cheap to scrub. You are probably better off shoving two snails into some one slot gear and farming chunks with that.

Also, I just had the easiest Salmon Runs of my life, I don't know if all the bad players suddenly decided to not play or if this weapon set is somehow really good but it was almost only victories straight to both superbonuses. Only round 1 one loss was naturally the Grillers. I somehow so far have gotten the charger in every single Griller round for quite while, I don't know what the gently caress but seriously, only chargers on Griller. Which would be nice except my teammates are apparently religiously opposed to killing the smallfry.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Well, that was fast.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/vsamidarexple2v/status/905728390048579584/video/1
Is this the new meta?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

raditts posted:

There's a special place in hell for chargers that don't shoot the Steelheads. You have ONE job.

Sorry, I'm a bit busy trying to kill these millions of smallfrys chewing my rear end that the blaster, splash-o-matic and slosher ignored.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Flyfish aren't so bad.

Flyfish is horseshit because after requiring you to travel to the rear end end of the map to deal with it, it can just float around a week while completely invincible. Then when it decides to become vulnerable, it can decide to rotate or float on top of you, at which point you hopefully can change position at lightspeed. And the bombs have hilariously easy time bouncing out of the baskets if they don't land near the top of the parabola, because this shouldn't be too easy. The fact that after all this, you have to be lucky to be able to one cycle it.

This would be fine if it was a rare danger that announced itself and meant that it's something the whole team takes note of and works together to take out when it appears. But no, it's just a really common boss, have a ten of them because why the gently caress not.

I especially enjoy that the missile markers are invisible if you are standing on a grate.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

A new Salmon Run event wave is added to the game. It consists of nothing but Flyfish. :unsmigghh:

Mothership but instead of Chinooks, it's Flyfishes.

Also today I had a game with Grillers on both round 1 and round 3, I can't remember what happened during that but somehow we won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/907893421146226688

possible translation posted:

There's trouble. For the 9/16 Salmon Run shift, recruitment weapons are not fixed until you arrive on-site. Furthermore, I seem to have misplaced some personal items. If you see anything, do not take it with you, and please do not say anything.
No idea what the Grizz's personal items are, possible this is also a new weapon release?