Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

So I'm wondering because it's not in the OP, but is league battle the only to play consistently with a friend on a team? You can't team up for turf battles, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

I really wish Nintendo either punished rage quitters a lot harder or had a "your internet sucks balls" meter that wouldn't let people play. The amount of people I've seen drop tonight from Turf war was ridiculous. I had it happen for a ton of fights every other fight I fought. It's stupid because there's almost no way to win when it happens. There needs to be some kind of buff when you're 3 on 4.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Gimbal lock posted:

Ironically Nintendo already has a way of punishing people's internet sucking balls without dealing with rage quitters: chargers

I said turf war. Do you honestly think the majority of people who play this game are good with chargers?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Atoramos posted:

I think the matchmaking issues I've been seeing in Turf War are finally working themselves out. Suddenly I'm being matched with level 20ish players and not level 1's.

It's completely random. I'll still get a bunch of sub 10 players and I'm level 30.

Is it just me, or do people seem to try and troll turf war a lot more. I had it happen here and there in Splatoon 1, but every single day I'll generally have a match where someone sits on the starting pad for a minute. Or they just wander around and don't even gun anything (I've seen multiple games where people are under 200 points). The worst I've seen is in one game we had a teammate swim up to a certain spot in the art academy level. He would throw a bomb into the water and just keep doing it. When I showed I saw what he was doing he then proceeded to suicide himself. The other time was 2 of my teammates and one of the other just went to the middle of moray towers and just shouted the entire match so it became a 3 on 2 and my team sucked. Is anyone else having this happen to them?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Atoramos posted:

This is sort of what I meant when I was complaining about the Turf War matchmaking. Not just a level difference, but I would repeatedly have games that were actually 3v3 or 3v2 matches where multiple players just ran around or were afk. I don't seem to have that issue right now (I've played maybe 6 matches now without a player below 15ish), but perhaps that's because there's many people playing right now and I'm just getting lucky. The mode's a great casual mode when the matches are somewhat balanced.

Yeah. It happens to me a lot (I hit level 30 just by turf war and only 2 meal tickets)

When I have a match where I see someone on my team discos I just keep leaving afterwards until I get a group where it doesn't seem to happen much. It's luck of the draw, I started off with kind of bad luck with discos until I got a decent room with everyone there and then went on a 11-0 win streak.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Mayo is going to win because all the ketchup players are the same idiots that don't know how to play turf wars either. I was doing okay last night but mayo loving rolls my team every single time now because they understand "ink and fire your gun"

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

In Training posted:

Has anybody been able to get a team match working. We just timed out 4 times in a row

Oh, I can get team matches working. You just don't want to be on mine.

I played like a loving idiot focused on just getting kills and somehow still ended up +1000 and highest ranked on my team. Team ketchup everyone.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

I zoom into the enemy base to splat the enemy like the shithead player I am and what does my team do instead of ink? They all try to superjump to me. In the middle of enemy base. Good job. Team ketchup go. I was still max rank

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Good I'm max rank. gently caress this game until Splatfest is over.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

As someone who picked Team Blood, I now fully agree with this sentiment.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Re: chargers chat.

I played a bunch of games this morning of turf war and imo chargers are probably only game changers in ranked. I actually played with a really good charger. He was getting high kills, and decently inked. But I found the team I was on usually managed to gank his team. Especially because the dualies I use have suction bomb throw and he had to constantly retreat and could never set up properly. I generally managed to help keep him shut down by approaching at different spots every time.

A good charger can be helpful but for turf war I want someone with a gun 100% of the time because 95% of the time the chargers I play with get 2-3 kills and barely ink anything. They're not the force they used to be in Splatoon 1. I've put 80 hours into turf war and IMO I've never had a game where I could attribute the enemy momentum thanks to the charger.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Because I like it. Is that somehow a problem for you?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Bill Barber posted:

The other modes are much more fun. Have you tried them yet?

No. So I tried ranked and it was rain maker and you're full of poo poo.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Bill Barber posted:

Rainmaker is actually the best of all the modes available.

Neat! Im gonna go have fun knowing I'm not missing anything but a dumpster fire.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Bill Barber posted:

There's a guy in this thread who has 100 hours of Turf War and never even tried ranked and when I told him he should try it he played one game of Rainmaker and said it was awful.

It was 80 and I have a B+ rank in it, and turf wars is still better. Congrats on getting everything wrong to make your cool Splatoon burn better.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Actually he's right and you're very dumb

Yes. I'm the dumb one for playing a mode I enjoy and getting mad when people aren't playing the other mode.

I'm gonna go play with the Aerospray next, it's gonna keep you up at night now!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

So with that bundle being announced is there going to be an option to buy the joycons separately? It's stupid if not. I'd love to give them my money for those.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

S rank is the worst of ranked. I've never seen so many people be salty fucks because the enemy started pushing back in rainmaker. It's by far the worst gamemode because either people get super loving mad real quick (and they don't leave so you don't even get the benefit of not breaking the bar) or they have some dumb big idea which turns out to be "bring the rainmaker through the dumbest way possible"

The other modes are okay. People can be dumb with them but rainmaker really brings out the worst.

Edit: literally just had a dipshit blaster in tower mode go all the way to the enemy base to...I dunno, jerk off? I didn't see this nearly as much in a rank

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2017 around 20:25

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

SeANMcBAY posted:

How can you tell people are being salty with no voice chat?

If you stop and just start swimming around the spawn point right after the other team got the lead, that's an easy way to tell that person is being a whiny gently caress. No voice chat needed.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

JackDarko posted:

What about if you post on an Internet Message board?

Hard to tell. I haven't looked at your post history yet.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

enojy posted:

I joined the rear end crew (kinda the SASS crew) and I'm done with ranked, I think. I'm not good enough to try any harder.

I've made it to S+ now on two modes. One last one and I think I'm gonna be content.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm S in both other modes but I've still yet to win a single match in rainmaker after reaching B-

Rainmaker is hard because it requires a LOT of coordination and people need to be on the same page of where to go. If your team has a good idea of the best spots to invade from you generally have a chance. Moray towers is so bad because the best spot is going up the side of a tower but so many teams have a doofus that insists on using the splat rail where the enemy team has a easy kill lines up because you have nowhere to go.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

So is anyone else having teams full of nothing but disconnects? I think I've had about 2 of 7 matches so far where somebody hasn't quit and once you could tell right from load in someone left. Is everyone playing this on a 3G network in a fallout shelter?

Edit: it's just way worse than I usually see things.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 04:54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

COMPUTERS!
COMPUTERS!
YAAAAAAAAY!

I'm leaning towards not liking that new map. At least for turf war. Matches get decided in last 10 seconds of play because people don't try to hold and defend. They just push until they die and I find it's real easy to take back the lead there. I had a match where we won but had been outclassed the entire time but got couple of lucky splats to win and I've been on receiving end of this as well. I don't know why but it just seems way easier to push back.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 06:45