Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

I really like the supers in this game, they're more fun to use and less infuriating to go against

I like the supers in this game because I have a jetpack and two guns and i'm basically boba fett, seafood edition.

Going to work on getting chunks for the special points up and special loss on death down and be in the air all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
The zappers pretty good for tower control - a nice all around gun with suction bombs for smacking the other team off the tower (I won 3 games in a row by retaking the tower in overtime using them) and armors nice.

The people who got the most kills were usually bucket users though.

I went directly from C- to B- after ranking up, i'm impressed the game accurately judged me to be a scrub but not too much of a scrub.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Well once you have added slots to everything you want, there's nothing else to really do with seasnails. So to save cash you could try rerolling a piece of gear for the abilities you want before adding chunks to perfect it.

I'm assuming the snails are exactly the same as just scrubbing the item because if they instantly rerolled all 3 abilities and you kept the previous ones as chunks then snails would be useful past the first 5 or so.

Still, saves 20k.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lakbay posted:

No that's exactly how they work, I was just assuming they're going to add more clothes as time goes on so people would want to save their snails for adding slots since they're technically finite because they're only given out at splatfests and from levels 31-50

So a snail for 3 ability chunks instantly? Thats not bad, I seem to remember getting a fair few snails per splatfest.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Inaccurate. If there are 4 squids aiming at the boss then at most 2 will go in one side and the other 2 will bounce off.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I got a headlamp helmet from salmon run with main ink saver and one chunk in main ink saver so I thought what the hell - I drank a saver drink and, well, now I have a three main ink saver helmet.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Sea bagging sounds better.

If you want specific ability chunks - find a brand that gives them as the common ability, level it up and then use sea snails to reroll it. I have 19 left from the splatfest, I just need to decide what I want.

Also I think 3 of the ability equals the main slot (the ability the gear has when bought) so you want them in 3s, but if you spread them out over multiple pieces of gear you won't need an ungodly amount of chunks (its ten for the first slot of that ability, 20 if you want a second one and thirty if you want the third, so its 30 chunks spread out or 60 all on the same gear).

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

tap my mountain posted:

I don't think snail rerolls are affected by brands. I did it to the same hat 20 times and it seemed to roll pretty evenly and I only got the brand specific ability a couple times.

I rerolled the skull bandana and got 2 chunks of special power up both times. Either way I'd stay to the brand because you've got nothing to lose. Hell i'd use a drink as well just in case (well, if I have a spare. The best time to use drinks are when you have a splatfest tee).

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

The dynamo roller sucks and it's even more garbage in salmon run

Its not ideal but it splats the big ones (cohocks?) which is pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Dr. Fetus posted:

After several months and 130 Cold-Blooded chunks, I have finally perfected the ultimate loadout.

All Point Sensors and Ink Mines are useless against me now.

The best thing about that set is the utter humiliation that anyone who is splatted by it will feel. They will see that skill loadout and know that you chose it deliberately to shame them.

Good job.