Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Been thinking of maybe getting a switch and this is the first game ive seen to really sway me. If I played the first Splatoon and didn't really love the online gameplay from it but wanted to give it a go in the second one, and also will probably mostly play by myself, is this game worth buying the switch for? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

If you didn't like the online gameplay in the first one then I would say no. The single player and coop are great but the online multiplayer is still the core of the game.

Lakbay posted:

It's more of the same and the new coop mode currently has limited availability online so no. The singleplayer is fun but definitely not a system seller.

Thanks for the info. I might reconsider my options in a few weeks and see if I still want it or not.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Decided to throw money at gamestop and bought a Switch. Been playing Splatoon 2 for the last two days and i'm loving the poo poo out of it. I decided to train myself to use motion controls from the start and I think it's finally starting to click. Inkbrush is fun but i'm a fan of the the aerospray since i'm the only one who ever seems to want to keep our spawn inked.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I try to change up my weapons whenever I can. I'm still only level 8 but I wasn't planning to bring the aerospray into ranked and was thinking of something simpler like a shooter until I get used to it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

I have a friend that puts mayo on eggs. I guess it's a thing that happens.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I should really get around to unlocking ranked. Been sitting at level 9 for days now.

It's just that every time i log in, Salmon Run is available and I end up doing that for the rest of the night because it's so drat fun.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Using the joy-cons independently with the motion controls is totally the way to go with this game, don't bother with the pro controller or putting joy cons into the grip.

I tried it with tabletop mode and it felt terrible, I lost nearly every game cos I couldn't figure out how to aim properly. Weirdly enough, playing handheld mode feels way more natural, but I still prefer tv-mode + grip. Maybe in the future I will shill out some cash for a pro controller.

Also I finally unlocked ranked (after Grizzco closed its doors) and had a few games of splat zone. I feel like i'm understanding this mode wrong. Is the aim to cover the zone in ink for the longest time, or to have your team occupy the zone the longest? I just stood inside the zone splatting people and avoiding flankers but I wasn't really concentrating on covering the zone with ink. Most rounds ended too quickly for me to really figure out how the winning team won.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Ink the zone to claim it for your team then stop the other team from inking it back to their colour. You don't have to physically stand on in the zone for the timer to tick down.

Ah, sweet. This makes a lot more sense thanks.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

EU splatter here waiting to defend the great mayo name.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I like the new stage. Also I am crucifying these terrible ketchup players.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Not sure if it affects the popularity but ive been 'Fresh'ing every mayo post I find in the plaza. Except the furry ones, I report those.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

at the risk of tooting my own horn (:toot:) what's the general range on splatfest power?

i wanna know how high up the chain i am

I've been hovering between 1600 and 1700 mayo power with a healthy number of losses if that helps.

Only had 1 or 2 matches where I got 2000+.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

CatsPajamas posted:

(And finally, are actual adults really marking art they don't like as Inappropriate just because they don't like it? Like not white ink/mayo innuendo, but stuff kids would see in a Disney movie, or you know, a Nintendo Game?)

People unashamedly posting their own fursonas for kids to see in a Nintendo game is not a good thing.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

What determines the number of points you get for a victory. I mostly got 4 for a victory but I saw a 3 once and a 5 in one match.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo!

You can zoom in on drawings in the plaza and Fresh/Report them. :eyepop:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

All ketchup players in eu have gone to bed seemingly. Just had 3 mayo v mayo matches in a row.

I'm also currently on an epic losing streak. Haven't won a game in 40 minutes. :negative:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Are those splatfest results NA only? I thought they counted both NA and EU results together.

Either way, hurray! Mayo superiority!

I won't be able to play many games for eu fest today before it ends. I had a major losing streak before bed which probably didn't help Mayos chances. :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Huh.... I have no idea why I thought eu and na were together. I thought that's how the last splatfest went.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Was playing around 2-3 am last night and got into 5 mayo vs mayo games in a row. That must be some kind of record.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Over 2k is real good. My highest is 1712 which I won't beat by the time splatfest ends.

It's the higher one that counts right? Not current?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh that's fine then. I thought highest power would contribute to the solo results.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:rip:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh cool my losing streak didn't affect the outcome. Congrats fellow Mayo Kings/Queens!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Are we supposed to get our splatfest tees back? I cant find mine.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Caphi posted:

Nope. Fest only. I think they told you that.

Why do I see other players wearing them? And I thought there was a message saying "your tee has been returned" when I got my snails.

Edit: okay after thinking about it, those other players are probably logged off since before the splatfest ended.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 6, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It's so nice to log back in after splatfest and find a bunch of furry posts to report.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am apparently the only person on the planet who sucks with the tri-slosher.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

well why not posted:

I saw a drawing the other day which was a 3 point manifesto from the artist:

1) no more disconnects
2) group with higher ranked players
3) don't expect me to carry

You have to admire the ego.

I saw a post that was practically an essay teaching people tips about salmon run. Their tip to use the laser special to insta-kill the jetpack salmonids was actually really useful.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Tri-slosher trip-report:

it's good.

:unsmigghh:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I might miss the next one. :(

Do you still get rewards if you don't participate on the day but like still pick a side and maybe log in once?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Got a pair of 3-slotted headphones with ink saver (main) x 3 completely naturally and it felt really good. I'm thinking I might add a slot to it and get a 4th ink saver later at some point. Are chunks the only way to guarantee what ability you'll get? I haven't looked into drinks yet but they seem a bit too rng for my tastes.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Astroniomix posted:

It costs 30 chunks to add a 3rd duplicate ability to a piece of gear.

Ouch...suddenly drinks sound good. Off to Grizzco.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I might be out of the country for this splatfest but I'll sign up for team flight either way. Might get some time to play a few games on the day to destroy foolish invisibles.

It would be weird/hilarious if they had invisible ink and spraying the enemy teams ink just erased it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It probably refers to the datamined octoboy files they found that some people think points to playable octolings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

Darn kids and yer you tubes