Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do the league battle medals do anything? It's probably my favorite way to play even though it's extremely difficult to actually play well against the ruthless lagging Japanese, but just curious if there is any reward beyond the thrill of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whenever I lose it's because everybody is a 9 year old who can't play their loving class but when I win Splatoon is mlg, high level, thinkies esports, hobby grade choice + epic!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

Sometimes I think about the world where Callie won the last Splatfest and the roles in the single player campaign were reversed, and I throw up a little in my mouth

The wrong squid sister won. Callie got hosed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I'm having my first freshness vs. minmaxing crisis. I keep getting owned by people with ninja squid/people killing me while I'm swimming and the only gear that has that which appeals to me is the matcha down jacket but even that isn't super fresh

Gear abilities probably only really matter in A/S ranks and league battle. Don't worry about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well then I hope you like praying for random rolls and grinding out six billion ability chunks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're playing with someone who hasn't seen them before or doesn't understand the red laser they will inevitably accidentally walk them over your entire team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ink armor is the best skill in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

splashdown

Its rad and helpful in certain situations but being able to buff your entire teams defense and give yourself full ammo without being stuck in any animations or attacks is fantastic all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

How does League mode actually work? Haven't tried it yet, just peaked at the boards and saw its just straight japanese up top. Are there ranks? Do they just shoot medals out at the end of every 2 hour window?

You have 2 hours to play a bunch of matches and after every game your League Power increases/decreases accordingly. At the end of the 2 hours they rank everyone and dole out medals based on your leaderboard placement. Its a lot of fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The splashdown during super jump is some sick tech. Absolutely shreds in tower control

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only found out yesterday that the kill count is kills and assists, which was probably true in S1 and i never knew.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean the first number. They only show assists in the app

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To clarify: the first number is kills + assists. The second is ult activations. I was just curious about the inflated number, you can see in the app battle records that the other team deaths never match the winning teams kill numbers, so it has to be including assists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a lot easier compared to Splatoon 1 at least, the rank system is was more forgiving now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably because rainmaker is the one that requires the most communication, since the objective is moveable by the players. Everybody can look at the tower or a splat zone and know whether they're loving up or winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CandyCrazy posted:

This came up in an interview and the answer was that Inklings don't care what you are as long as your style is fresh enough.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't remember this ever really happening with the first game so hopefully it's a one time issue....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

The victory/defeat bar looks different now

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish they would just let people choose a ability load out instead of hiding them behind 9001 hours of gatcha grinding horseshit. It's the only part of these games I don't like and I thought they were changing it for 2 but they barely made it any better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah but what's the point of the bomb there? You can just hit them twice. That's one of the setups I took out on the test range and the bomb felt totally pointless cause using one wasn't any faster than just attacking again.

VVV I meant burst bombs. Whatever the lovely balloon ones are. The triangle bombs are awesome.

It has more range than the slosher

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care how good or bad the aerospray is I'm just utterly sick of seeing it everywhere. There's like 30 weapons in this game and half the playerbase uses that shiny piece of junk.

Fair enough, though I've yet to see anyone actually using them still.

Well, here's me in C rank tower control on a 2 team vs 4 team and actually lasting 5 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That could be somebody's friend who was just clowning on everybody

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Any goons hit S rank and can speak to the competitiveness? Hitting A the idiots who play like turf war have almost died out - the few who have survived make up for their complete and utter lack of situational awareness with the ability to get lots of kills.

I think ranked isn't going to be as ridiculously hard now that they have League mode to split out the single/squad queue. But I'm not S rank and I imagine d those who are are deadly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I've seen almost no Japanese players and the chargers are much much worse off in 2 than they were in 1, all this with a fresh matchmaking pool lead me to wonder if S is super competitive or if there are people who have managed to fail upwards that hard.

All the Japanese gods are running 4 tri sloshers are going undefeated in league battle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now I have the lust for top 50

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's probably like 90% of those are people just leaving or getting in queue and then somebody calls or knocks on their door. And then 10% disconnects, although in countless hours in 1+2 at this point I've never had a unintentional drop happen to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I am so glad you can get multiple raises in your rank because after taking out most of the enemy team and having the fourth one splat you only to find out that your team is still back painting in ranked mode you really want to get to a rank where your team will know what they're doing.

Well you just explained why there's no voice chat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody plays like 5 games with new weapons when they come out, it will die out by morning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Try standing on the tower until it reaches the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why?

I like how there's a meta game with Splatfest shirts now.

It takes more xp to get the third slot than the first two combined, and you'll get more than 2k in those matches to scrub them. It will be way faster than grinding off regular gear.

I wonder if splatfest tees have any ability affinities

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it not mustard vs ketchup

Who is honestly going to vote for loving mayonaise?

I'm almost certain you can one=cycle steelheads with direct blaster shots. Killing steelheads with the splatling gun is trivial most of the time though. It has enough range that you can usually keep away from any salmonids near it whle blowing it up in one go. Never had issues with them when I had the splatling gun.

Outside of America nobody puts ketchup on poo poo except American food, it's mayo all the way down. Kind of a questionable choice for the first splatfest really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but splatfests are regional. I think it's gonna be a ketchup blowout in the US

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the point of splatfest and 99% of the time people are making jokes, shockingly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They did different gundams and transformers in Splatoon 1, they often get branded splatfests (especially in japan) so it could happen if there was a movie coming ou t

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also largely pointless outside of some bonus xp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Nintendo delete the Aerospray.

Leave it in so I can win every splatfest match

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In 1 it was just always hidden and it was frankly stupid as hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's going to happen but I hope the tri slosher doesn't get hit too hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kelp dome owns but turf war is really boring on it