Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What does "iida" mean in Japanese?

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Infinitum posted:

:goonsay:

The fictional amounts of fictional discrimination of being a fictional character in a fictional setting?..

In a fictional future ruined by fictional global warming caused by fictional humans. It's a good thing fiction never reflects reality.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a kids game

have you always been tim buckley's account

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Also, it makes it so you actually have people to play against, since everyone will be online at the same time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

Wow did you notice Callie and Marie were never in agreement about the splatfest theme? It's almost like they were just doing their job and not really giving their personal opinion!

sometimes, you gotta tell family that they're wrong

and by that, i mean all the time

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lakbay posted:

I missed the testfires earlier in the year because I didn't have a Switch yet, did you have Inkopolis Square access then?

Testfires never gave you access, even on the Wii U. It was just tutorial and lobby.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a fair question, considering ARMS and Mario Kart 8DX both had 2P Online.

I think Splatoon requires taking in a lot of on-screen information, and having half of it cut off in favor of a second player would be detrimental to play. There's no way they didn't experiment with it at least once in development.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WE DID IT, TEAM CREAM

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waffleopolis posted:

It was fun, but I can't understand how the duelies work. How to do you do a dash with them?

While shooting, jump to a direction.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stop posting story spoilers in the thread when the game is not even out yet. Seriously, what the hell.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ahahaha rip. I totally jumped on that Walmart link and was super hype.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MORE SPLATOON 2 MERCH THO!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

Cool merch not dumb prima guides.

Squirt guns and hats and shirts and amiibo.

I own a Splatoon cookie cutter, for example.

I own both language versions of the artbook. I'm willing to drop $10 on a dumb guide with squid pictures in it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

rip dreams

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon 2 is not an enhanced port, because the first game's campaign and specials can't be accessed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Remove all weapons with the word "Gal" in the name from the game, tia Nintendo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JackDarko posted:

Why? The .52 GAL kicks all sorts of rear end and is really well balanced. If you get the jump on me i'm dead.

If that gun is on the map, I will 100% die to it, regardless of how I'm playing and I do not understand why. It was the same way in Splatoon 1. It is my bane.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BattleMaster posted:

No poo poo. But why are you assuming people who don't own the console are even buying it :psyduck:

There were more copies of BotW sold than there were Switches for a while.

I think that Splatoon will probably end up the same way to some degree.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BattleMaster posted:

Wasn't that because there was also a Wii U version?

This is specifically counting Switch copies.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care how good or bad the aerospray is I'm just utterly sick of seeing it everywhere. There's like 30 weapons in this game and half the playerbase uses that shiny piece of junk.

Fair enough, though I've yet to see anyone actually using them still.

I love this phase. I remember experiencing this feeling in Splatoon 1. Wait until everyone gets the gold Aerospray RG!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

Splatoon 1 had some instafill map hacks so it was possible to have a bunch of like 99.5% to 0.5% games. Can't wait to see them in Spla2n

I'm looking forward to Nintendo banning everyone.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I've seen this one, and rated it FRESH appropriately.

ScottFalco does good art.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

shoutouts to the best hat in all of splatoon

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't understand matchmaking sometimes. Yes, have one team consist of B-s and the other team consist entirely of B+s. That's a fair matchup. :psyduck:

I believe it compensates uneven matchmaking with win-loss points. It did in Splatoon 1.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cicadas! posted:

Just had a dude on the results screen with a score of 0p. I don't really know how this is possible considering I never saw anyone idling at spawn and I don't think we were down any players.

Rage quits do this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Most maps could be completely controlled with a team of 4 Custom E-liter 3K Scopes. It was unreal.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

nerd_of_prey posted:

That's what I was thinking, but in rainmaker what gets you the points? If you look at the scoreboard here

https://twitter.com/phatlizzy/status/892472141945294848

How could I be bottom based in points? I just want to know if I'm doing it wrong, I thought I was being helpful protecting the rainmaker carrier, clearing paths etc

Points are inked turf, so it still displays by Turf War rules, despite not really mattering.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Aren't Inklings just squid furries anyway?

There is a huge influx of furry art posts in my plaza, and I'm wondering what happened on Twitter/Tumblr to make this a thing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Neither do dragons, but they're hella popular.

Dragons fall under the "scalie" subset of furrykin. I looked it up, and apparently there are cephalopod subsets, but I don't think they have specific names.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

I can't believe bowser is the bad guy in Mario again

To be fair, the 3D World final boss was exciting and awesome, and I would have hated for someone to have ruined that surprise for me.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

absolutely anything posted:

i think zolthorg had everyone who missed out covered

That was the absolute best part about Splatfest.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The only roller I know that requires two hits is the Carbon Roller, and if you're getting one-shots with it on touch, it's because they had already taken damage.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I am going to miss Miiverse.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish squids were real.:smith:

:same:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Octoling invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

The old splat fest one minute left track is currently my alarm clock sound. Exhilarating!

Holy poo poo, that's a good idea. That's happening tonight.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Frankston posted:

Were people this weird about Callie & Marie?

Ugh, of course they were.

This is the internet, yo. People are weird about everything.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Everyone on my team is really bad at Turf War.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh, the maps still rotate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kaubocks posted:

i miss zolthorg

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME DURING THE YEAR THAT THE PLANETS ALIGN, AND EVERYONE VOTED FOR DOGS!? UUGGGGHHHHH