Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Where were you when Splatoon 2 killed ARMS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

ESHOP appears to be hosed for me as well. Why didn't they let us Pre-Load?

:negative:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

It's working!!!!!

Edit: As soon as I posted that it died at the proceed to purchase page. I'm going to shut the gently caress up now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Dehry posted:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

That's the eshop redemption site. Just copy/paste all night.

What would I need to do? Buy a redemption code? Where should I do that?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Dehry posted:

Amazon, Best Buy, Target (kinda broke street date but wouldn't allow download)

https://ec.nintendo.com/my/ is for switch games and is down.

Thank you! Looks like i'm in the same boat regardless. Hopefully as more people give up this problem solves itself?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I got up to the add funds to purchase page and got kicked...

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Got it I memorized the Reedem Code from Amazon and it only took me two tries to enter it in the Eshop.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Why do I keep hitting X to jump? Was that the jump button in the original version. It's been a while.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Any advice for getting acclimated to the motion controls on a pro controller? Should I be using both sticks even with the motion turned on?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Thanks for the Motion controls advice I dropped the sensitivity a little bit and i'm getting in the flow more of using both sticks plus the motion controls. I'm getting stellar results with the Aerospray.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The lime green boys are strong, this pleases me.

EDIT: I'll concede orange is strong for Salmon Run.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I'm getting better at aiming with the motion controls stick hybrid, still can't get the hang of the dualies though. I always spaz out during firefights and forget to roll.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I know killing someone with the brushes isn't the point but when you get the jump on someone should you not bump them with the brush and proceed to mash the shoot/melee button?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Echophonic posted:

If I'm running a brush, I'm going for kills and disruption by making people chase me down, personally. If I want coverage or playing like a normal person, I'm grabbing a roller or the aerospray.

Interesting so you're a pest? You smack the enemy then run while leaving an ink trail. I need ninja swim before I can do that effectively I think.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

In my head I know I shouldn't get mad at my team unless they gently caress up really blatantly (squid-jumping when it's obviously not safe, taking the rainmaker the wrong way) but in reality I can and will bark futile epithets my uncaring television screen.

Dude when I ink a shortcut for the person with the rainmaker and they just walk right past it. That poo poo gets me every time. Also I'm loving surgical with the rainmaker.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I just started ranked, halfway through C-. I think there's definitely not a lot of bright players at this rank but being good means being able to adjust to that. I never equip a roller for example, almost all of my teams have at least two rollers so I don't need to run that. I also try to bring the right weapon for the map and the mode, that's a lot of fun for me personally.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If it helps the Stealth Jump isn't that great anymore. Yeah you are less obvious, but if there is anyone within range to do something about it then it is kind of ineffectual.

The biggest benefit is not having them know exactly when you are landing.

Yeah it's an AOE indicator now, you're still gonna get splatted if you're anywhere near a contentious point.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Today has just been depressing. It really is impossible to carry in turf war if your teammates don't know what they're doing or if they just play follow the leader. Tonight I've been stuck in games where I'll go up Moray Towers on the enemy side and sneak by- take out the usual dude that spots me... only for the ENTIRETY OF MY TEAM to squid jump to me for some bizarre reason and race to the top leaving our side and the middle totally unprotected.

Fine Inkblot I'll roll around to the enemy side and spawn camp a little while covering turf near their base. I make sure the middle is clear but one enemy sneaks by. "My team can handle one guy right?"

Wrong, that one guy is just making GBS threads on them and I was a fool to think they could handle themselves in a 3v1. By the time I get over there and splat the dude the entire enemy team is now free and each one of them is capable of wiping the 3 other goofs on my team by themselves.

Just insanely insanely frustrating :sigh:

E: And for the record I'm fine with losing and I acknowledge I'm pretty mediocre in PVP modes usually but I'd really like to feel like I had a team capable of helping me out sometimes. I know a handful of them are probably kids but maan.

Don't take Turf War seriously as a competitive person myself I know that's not easy to do as losing NEVER feels good. If you're going to play Turf War set a different objective for yourself like practicing a new weapon or some poo poo like that. Def take it seriously when there's a Splatfest going down though.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Lakbay posted:

There's not even a tutorial for tower control or rainmaker, which is vastly different than the 10 levels of turf war new players will have been playing

Yeah it's pretty funny being in a match where you can clearly see your teammates playing as if it's TURF WAR. Another good one is a player obtaining the rain maker and not knowing they need to take it to the enemy base.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah my weapon of choice is the .50 GAL against Aerospray users. If they get close to me chances are i'm splatted but that's fair, and they usually don't. Try the Aerospray in ranked, you will be incredibly disappointed.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Remove all weapons with the word "Gal" in the name from the game, tia Nintendo

Why? The .52 GAL kicks all sorts of rear end and is really well balanced. If you get the jump on me i'm dead.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Pro tips pubbies don't seem to get.

The more people are on the tower the faster it moves. Don't jump off just because someone else showed up on it.

Don't fire the rainmaker unless you really have to. Shooting the rainmaker puts your location on the maps and huds of the other team.

The Rainmaker is a great weapon for controlling the enemy team's approach. I don't think that's good advice at all.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

After using the .50 GAL for a while I feel ruined to all other guns. Everything else just takes too long to Splat Squids.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't farm tickets since I know I would probably stop playing the game if I got all weapons that quickly.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Are you able to play ranked during a Splatfest? I forget if that was locked during those in the Original.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Where can I check what Brands are more likely to roll which abilities? Want to get started on amassing chunks.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I got skipped to B from C-, feels pretty drat good.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I am rear end at tower control. I'm B rank in the other modes C- in tower. I'm getting the most splats on my team but I know that's not the issue. Any tips?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Solid advice thanks Squad.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yup every brand has abilities it favors as well. This week's is Squidforce. It has a high chance to roll ink resistance which is very good. Scrub it after you get the first ability, it's faster that way.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

How do we know for sure? From what I understand he won't add slots to gear right now even if you have a snail.

Really? That's very unfortunately I like a lot of Two star and One star gear.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

This Salmon run is not fun for me, if I get the Crayola Blaster or the Sniper rifle I am useless to my team.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not bad at all actually I just watched a Charger not be able to shoot a loving steelhead. I at least do that no problem when given that gun.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 31, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

pichupal posted:

Ink consumption on Blasters really sucks from what I can tell in Salmon Run.

Not liking the Crayon Blaster at all.

It is, Crayon Blaster has spectacularly low damage from what I can tell. I believe the trade off is increased fire rate, not sure.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

If I use a drink ticket for ink resistance on my Squidforce Splatfest tee will that stack the probability of ink resistance?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I don't want to blame it on lag but I definitely feel like my opponents are faster than me when i'm playing very late at night. When a gun takes four shots to kill but I somehow keep magically dying at two it's kind of bullshit.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Zeruel posted:

Speaking of:

Yeah, good to know :v: Hopefully this app gets me some fresh threads.

OK I don't have access to online for 8 hours on my APP it says 12 hours above this jacket. Does that mean it will be in the shop for 12 hours? This is very important on my quest to be fresh.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish fewer weapons had Point Sensor and had a splat/suction grenade instead. I've never had a situation where it's been useful.

edit: Out of curiosity, does the Olive Hoodie still exist, or is at as I suspect and the new Hero Replica uniform is it?

Yeah the way they "balanced" guns by giving them a niche sub weapon sucks. Basically anything remotely capable of killing from the 3 line range will either have point sensor or mist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah Salmon run is ridiculously fun, I'm very excited to see what updates it receives. I do want to try some discord sessions with some non spergy goons one of these days. I've only played Freelance so far.