Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The only mode I can't carry on yet is Tower Control, and that's on me. That mode exposes all my flaws as a squid, i'ma keep splatting though.

EDIT: Are there any good streamers or youtubers that anyone recommends to learn more ranked strategies and such? Entertaining is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't know you could cook the curler bombs. This changes everything!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I was making fun of Krakhan for the popping meal tickets and going on a losing streak but here I am now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

With Tenta Missiles you also need to be mindful of where your teammates are, running into them will get them killed. In Splat Zones you have to be careful to not allow the missiles to hit the zone otherwise you're giving the enemy team free coverage.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Don't run backwards with the rainmaker, if you really feel like you need a reset kill yourself by jumping off a ledge. This will place the rainmaker back in the middle which is better than the alternative. Thank you.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Went up against a level 1 named "Bye" doing the Splattershot burst bomb jump shot combo consistently. It was embarrassing for me and my team.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Every one of us is an overachiever and it’s the third wave. Quota met, my teammates are all splatted. I turn tail, and book it. Their cries for HELP become BOOYAHS as the timer nearly reaches zero. I dodge two Stinger rays; two Flyers barrages, and we clear the wave. What a satisfying game mode, this practically happened 3 times today. Learning to not be a hero in Salmon run when you’ve met Quota and time is about done has been conducive to success.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

That's really cool! I love reading about stuff like that. It's fascinating what other cultures do with each other's food. I'd actually like to try an omurice...

Thanks for the heads up on this! I love me some Tenacity and Tenacity on fresh gear is a big plus.

Is tenacity worth it? If so what does the loadout on a tenacity build usually look like?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I'm so glad that I didn't give up on motion controls. I keep getting better and better at them. That pro Splatoon player that posted a video on how to hold your controller has also taught me really good habits.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I have no shame definitely running the AEROSPRAY for the Ketchup war.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

There's no ranked so it's going to get really raw. I wonder if there's going to be murderers row mayo S+ ranked mayo apologists.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Accidental Double post I'm an idiot.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Ugh, I had a terrible session of Turf Wars yesterday evening. Pretty much everyone was using the loving Aerospray and there kept on being at least one person who was level 20 or above on the other team, including one guy who I swear was loving psychic because he kept knowing where I was when I tried to escape in squid mode even though I have a shirt with Ninja Squid.

...In retrospect he probably had a gun with thermal ink, which I just now remembered is a thing.

No I'm just really good and using the Aerospray is about mobility. I was practicing for the Splatfest. Did you ever play against GarbageBoy?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

They were doing a weapon a week, is there no new weapon this week? I was looking forward to that.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

^burtle posted:

Just realized you have to basically hit 200p in one day of Salmon Run to get the helmet. Thought I was going to pop in for a quick 2 games during lunch but noooope.

It took me two games to get the helmet....

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The funniest part is the furries can actually draw, everyone else is doing pixel rendering poo poo. It's hard to beat them when they apparently have all the talent or free time.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The Gorp posted:

Splatoon 1 vets know to "truck drive" it because the Wii-U gamepad was so huge holding it any other way murdered your hands.

The truck drive method really works for me, super smooth movements and I feel like I'm fast as hell being able to smoothly turn the camera wherever I want.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Might be common knowledge but if you want be as efficient as possible level up the item you get from Salmon Run to 3 slots or at least 1 slot. When you get it again in Salmon run you can trade in the one you have for ability chunks and money.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Moray Towers is a terrible map.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I had some great Freelance games tonight in Salmon Run managed to stay in Profreshional, only failed on the first wave once and that was my fault. The glow flies appeared on me while running back to the basket and I got my team wiped.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Trislosher also outranges the splattershot and 52 gal which is plain stupid.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

It does by like a single pixel. There's practically no difference between their ranges

One is highly consistent and will always go where you place it the other has RNG. I don't care if they nerf it or not I have no problems dealing with the weapon.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

This AFK grinding thing is super whack, and a pretty crappy way to lose. Especially when they come to life at the last 30 seconds as if that's going to fix anything.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Something neat I noticed that a pro player does with his gear is that he only fills two slots with the specific sub skill he wants and then partners that gear with another gear choice that has the third skill. It means that he has to always combo his clothing together and he has a little bit less flexibility but it certainly is cost effective when it comes to chunks.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Finally its complete.

Stitched together from the hide of a thousand salmonid (or their drink tickets), the ultimate gear for a brush user. Now to repeat this process for several other pieces of gear, without a cheap splatfest shirt to farm chunks off of!

:shepicide:

Wow that looks terrible.

It'll be cheaper and easier if you don't pull all 3 subs on the same item. If you've got the time and patience go for it though. That's a clean piece of gear!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Few things, it’s definitely way more flexible to have a perfect piece of gear you don’t need to combo with other gear. I enjoy farming chunks and getting good gear a lot.

For the 96 Gal? I’d say you probably want to use Thermal Ink right? I’d also look into the basic Main Weapon Ink Consumption Down Abilities and the Ink Tank refill faster ability. I can’t think of anything else other than movement speed that you’d really enjoy. If you think the Sprinkler is useful in Splat Zones and Tower Control, invest in Sub Weapon ink down.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 7, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I don't think it does, I've never seen a white outline unless i'm using thermal or the stinger super.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Tough salmon run this time if you end up with the goo tuber.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

High Tide is way more conducive to my team getting wiped with this weapon set. If the Goo Tuber isn't on point it's a 3 v The World. Mothership rounds as well.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Everyone gets worse the higher ranked you go. Trust me on this A+ people are dumb.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

That's what I was getting at.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Trying out the Splash-o-matic, I don't think this gun is very good. I have really fond memories liking it a lot in Splatoon 1 not sure why though as I got Max Level in that game and didn't take it seriously past that. Its accuracy is nice but I don't see the advantage considering it's Two Lines of range. It also has mist which isn't as useful as burst bombs. Am I missing anything?

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 8, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

So far my weapon of choice is the Splattershot Pro, with the Splattershot coming in at a close second. I really like the range and 3 shot kill that the Pro offers you in return for a lovely sub weapon. I'm currently running Ink Saver Main, Run Speed, and Ink Refill +. Wondering what else I should try out, I do enjoy the movement speed a lot.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I had to change my name from Garbage Boy to Chris Splatt. I'm also still tweaking with my Splattershot Pro loadout, thinking I definitely want Swim Speed as well. Using it to move around and maneuver has been fun. So i'm looking at the below loadout.

Head Main - Ink Saver (Main)
Head Sub - Not Sure!

Body Main - Swim Speed Up
Body Sub - Ink Resist

Shoes Main - Run Speed Up
Shoes Sub - Ink Resist(?)

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

I swear I just looked through it and didn't see anything.

Next time I hit my Switch

I'll join you if you get ridiculed for this. I also did not find any info to the Discord in the OP.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The Pro controller is the nicest controller I've ever held. That being said purchasing it at full price if you care about its lovely d-pad is not wise.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

It says on the Super Bonus whether it's a meal or drink ticket fellas. No need to get your hopes up.

:negative:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The new ranking system is amazing because you can have a global rating of A.S.S.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Catch me in the Plaza if you want Murch to mug me for the Ink Saver Main and 3 Ink Recovery Up headphones I just rolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I need help figuring out what I should make my loadout any assistance would be appreciated. I have a perfect piece of Head Gear Ink Saver Main with 3 Ink Refill abilities. I don't know what I should go for with my other two pieces of clothing. I prefer shooter type weapons. I've tested Swim Speed and it is not worth running based off the data I've seen. Should I go for Movement Speed and Ink resist?