Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't know about Reggie, but Bill is all in on ice cream
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/885939008609468416
God damnit, Bill

I love how it looks like the squid is glaring at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Man, these two are way the gently caress more snippy with each other than Callie and Marie were.

I don't know, Callie and Marie could be pretty brutal sometimes.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

bandaid.friend posted:

If I throw my ink mist, but do no damage, does it count as an assist?

There's an extra graphical indicator that pops up when a teammate splats an opponent and you get credit for an assist.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I really like the new map, because it's by far the hardest map to tell who won a turf war on just by viewing it at the end of the match.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
My brother said he saw someone in ranked mode who had already reached level 50 :stare:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
High tide on Salmon run on this stage has the potential to be extremely rude. It spawned 3 steel eels in a row and there was pretty much nothing we could do.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Splat bombs are so so good. I've been playing with the Inkbrush and during the splatzone rotation have had a lot of success hiding in nooks and crannies while mainly throwing splat bombs at enemies who try to approach. Also, throwing a splat bomb after a splashdown is almost a guaranteed kill since opponents only back up far enough to dodge the splashdown which just so happens to be in perfect splat bomb range.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I had a rainmaker match that ended with our team winning with 0 total kills because of the baller. It was on Kelp Dome and our team grabbed the rainmaker first. I used the baller and three of the opposing team all focus fired on me to try and pop it while the rest of my team went around and spiked the rainmaker. Also if you want to be really rude with the baller, try using it to push someone into a bubble.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Oh my goodness, I don't know if it was because of the recent patch, but I tried out the clash blaster today and it's incredible.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The Clash Blaster is secretly super good now. Although you do have to play it a bit different from the other shooters.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah even despite the firing speed, the TTK on the Clash Blaster is pretty long. Unless of course you can reliably hit body shots, but if that’s the case why aren’t you using the Luna Blaster which has a 1-shot body shot instead of 2-shot? That being said, it’s pretty good at dealing with people who get in your face. The fast firing speed lets you put on pressure more effectively at extremely close ranges than the Luna Blaster, and can have a faster TTK if the enemy has already been hurt a little bit. The wide blast radius is also great for this, as it’s harder to miss when someone’s in your face. The Luna Blaster still seems to have a shorter TTK though, so I think the Clash is moreso for pressuring people rather than explicitly killing them.

Yeah, the TTK with the clash blaster is bad, but it's still faster than it takes for most players to turn around, aim and shoot you back. You'll probably lose a one on one if somebody sees you coming but it's brutal if you're working together with another squid. Also the large radius means you can do really rude things to people around corners and it's hard to run away from because of the size of the shot radius.

It's also one of the few weapons where jumping while shooting can help you win a fight. The damage radius is so forgiving that you can jump to dodge one of their shots and still hit them with your own.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Bean posted:

What am I missing with the sting ray? I couldn’t hit the broad side of Sheldon’s shop with it. Which sucks because I have the best time with the splatling gun

I find that the best way to use the Stingray isn't to use it's ability to see opposing players through walls. Instead when you activate it point it at an objective or some place where you know someone is already there. Also it works best if you leave it on and sweep back and forth rather than try and pinpoint individual targets. Lastly, if you can try to be on the same vertical plane as your targets. If you have to aim up it makes it way to easy for opponents to swim under your ray even if it's in the big sting ray mode.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Rexroom posted:

The Ink Brush Nouveau comes to paint happy trees on the turf. Ink Mines and Baller completes the set.

This is especially great for me, since I'm all geared up for it.

I'm not a fan of that set. I played inkbrush sometimes and the splatbombs are just so important to the kit I can't even imagine playing without them, even with the slightly better special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I've been having a great time using the Explosher, especially since I can use that jacket straight out of a 90s music video because it synergizes well with thermal ink. You're pretty much doomed if an enemy squid gets close to you, but it's very fun supporting your teammates from afar.