Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I miss supers being OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've one cycled the grabber with splat dualies before

Also the grace period for making it eat your bomb is pretty long so take your time to get your aim calibrated instead of panic throwing as soon as you see the circle

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've never encountered some of these salmon run events before

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that happened to me yesterday except I got picked off by a sniper during the final hop to the goal

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
assists would explain why that number is always higher than the number of kills I think I got

also its number of ult activations and not kills

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

Reminder that inklings are the baddies. You hedonistic monsters.

marina joined the inklings though

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't wait for them to wise up and become playable

splatfests become race wars

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i game overed in the "hit a chain of warp balloons" section three times because if you miss one of the first two in the chain or so you fall to your death

blasters are my weakness

i died a lot in this section trying to hit the switch for the scroll until i realized if you hold forward the entire time you get enough horizontal movement to hit the warps pretty consistently

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Playing Salmon Run will get you more tickets than you can use.

Maybe if I could actually access Salmon Run at sane times of day I would play it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you should treat the campaign as a motion control tutorial

generally speaking even with tilt controls you should be using the stick for coarse horizontal aiming then fine tuning with the gyro.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the only reason you shouldn't use motion controls is if you play other console shooters, because it will completely gently caress up your ability to aim in all of them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Man I vastly prefer the final boss in this game to the first one. Still not beaten it though, the rail bit is fuckin me up

how

that last bit is basically a glorified cutscene

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The track in Tower Control needs to be a lot longer

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

Am I crazy or does the 5 minute soft ban strip you of wins from your whole last session?

I just fought my way from c- to b+, then the hotel wifi hiccup'd, I got a 5min penalty, and I'm back to c-

ranks are separated by game mode

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
turf war is yakety sax anyways and lol if you get mad that you can't roll 10 year olds in it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Shame Boner posted:

Thanks, but that's not what I asked. It doesn't mean that Capcom didn't contract Treehouse or that both Nintendo and Capcom didn't contract the same localization team.

Treehouse is Nintendo of America's in-house localization team.

You're probably thinking of 8-4, a localization team that has worked on Monster Hunter games and first-party Nintendo games. They weren't involved in MHG in any capacity.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol i just had a game with two ink clouds dueling above the splat zone

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I forgot how absurd of a perk Tenacity was

What's the other equipment with Tenacity, the 3* looks uggo as heck

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I eat more mayo mixtures so I chose that

Also are you the dude with the "Knack 2 da future" posts in inkopolis

That's Jeff Gerstmann's

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My reaction to using the Dynamo Roller is akin to the one you get when you meet a friend you haven't seen for a long time but he got into a car accident and is now a vegetable

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
nvm i figured out how to play new dynamo roller we back boiz

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

It took a minute for the lobby to fill up, then as soon as the last person joined, the game announced new maps and booted everyone

:capitalism:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

I have discovered the horrible joy of spawncamping. It feels so gross but it's great that their team isn't going anywhere, or doing anything.

good

Anybody know what's the special gimmick of the Flingza Roller?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ink storm is so overpowering that I'm fine with the SSP having a weaker sub

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/WesleySploon/status/892043187644227584

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
while they tweaked how salmon run pay grades work between e3 and launch, I have to wonder how bad profeshional game journalists are at splatoon

quote:

Following our triumph at 5%, we wanted to put Salmon Run's difficulty to the limit. The Nintendo representative giving our demo said that 40% was the highest difficulty people on the Nintendo E3 team could beat. We decided to set the difficulty on 100% just to see how overwhelming it can get. Right from the start, a huge group of blindingly fast Salmonid creatures unlike anything we saw in our 5% run swarmed us and annihilated our entire team. The image you see below is a screenshot from one of our phone's stopwatch app showing how long we lasted.

they lasted 25 seconds

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've come around to liking The Reef after playing Ranked in it; putting the objective under the bridge changes how you approach the map in a cool way.

That being said I have no idea how to consistently win in Splat Zones without coordination in pub queue. Seems like the only way to win is by controlling the bridge then flanking anybody trying to cap, but pubbies are super unreliable in terms of holding the line.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/Nevarky/status/892148409758613506/video/1

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
marina's phone is octopus shaped rather than squid shaped

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I should really get around to unlocking ranked. Been sitting at level 9 for days now.

It's just that every time i log in, Salmon Run is available and I end up doing that for the rest of the night because it's so drat fun.

i wish salmon run gave you rank exp

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
play TDM in all modes especially ranked

can't take the objective if you dead

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kirios posted:

Is the Flingza Roller any good? I'm level 22 and I'm thinking about maining it.

I haven't been able to make it click, feels like it brings together the worst aspects of the carbon and dynamo rollers

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
imo it's good that people are getting spoilers of the final boss, because instead of being disappointed that it's largely rehashed from splatoon 1 you can just enjoy the setpieces for what they are

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i do miss supers being OP though

made them something you feared rather than get slightly annoyed by

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lag is worse in splatoon 2 anyways since games have a slower tickrate

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My favorite part of Rainmaker in The Reef is when the opposing team pushes up your narrow alleyway, and when your teammate takes the rainmaker back they try to force it back through the alleyway instead of jumping down to the wide open main area and pushing the opponent's counter back

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bean posted:

Speaking of, when you approach the main stage, if you turn left you go to Grizzco, if you turn right you go to a dead end. I suspect that that dead end will be used for SOMETHING that they're plotting. That's too much space to just leave dead.

Is there a list somewhere of the clothes/hats/shoes that has both their main abilities and the abilities you get if you buy it off Splatnet?

S1 had dead alleyways that go nowhere too

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

I need a button to skip off the hook.

I need a button to skip reading your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I figured out how to win Rainmaker

I've got a different weapon du jour for every ranked mode now