Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
How are people still posting in the festival tag for Splatoon 1? I thought that was only for Splatfests...

I'm also very excited for the Umbrella.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 9, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Depending on how it works,might it be more useful for bullying snipers or other guns with low fire rates and high ink consumption?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
You have my splatty jr.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

ovenboy posted:

Never played the original, but I'm hyped up for this thanks to this thread. I made a fudgy cheesecake the other day that was pretty good, so obviously team cake. How does this affect the game?

On the 15th you can duke it out with team cake in the turf war game mode for dessert supremacy. There'll probably be a concert in Inkopolis square with Pearl and Marina while the Splatfest runs as well. In 1 there was a payout of a special currency for fiddling with your gear that depended on how well your team did and how high your rank was, but I'm not sure if they're doing that for the demo.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 11, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I hope they bring back the drum solo while you load in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDpZUO7mwQ

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Hell,

me too.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Team Cake it is.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
About having an account from a separate region: does that mean you could theoretically join different Splatfests when the full game comes out or no?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Well dang.

e: looks like Team Rock won

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Game's good.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Beelerzebub posted:

How do we find out who won.

They should announce the results in the app in about 1/2 an hour from now I think.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Futaba Anzu posted:

has eu announced theirs yet?

I haven't seen it. Maybe it's a joint Splatfest like Callie vs Marie?

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 16, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Woah, drat. She has it out for the wee bab.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Dropped about 5 times from games, but overall it was super good. Now if only I had my carbon roller....

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Maybe it's just me but the roller vertical flick made it super easy to pick off jet pack specials and tag retreating foes.

E; It's also likely a nerf against the ol dynamo roller wall of death

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 16, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Lakbay posted:

I'm blaming it being the middle of summer and global warming and ofc people are going to pick ice cream

I didn't break 1600 rating or whatever, please carry me 2000+ goons
It's probably not as bad as you think, the skill on display at that rating was so all over the place you might as well be flipping a coin. I coasted to 1800 and something after breaking past it.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 16, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
My router's pretty far away from the Switch and I only DC'd a few times, which is usually my experience with the Wii U.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Woah! The fact you can cook the pucks makes them seem a lot better!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

that's rough, buddy

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Whoof

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Salmon Run's closed for me... :negative:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I think the shops changed every 24h in 1 so it could be the same here.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I have a request: during the ink spout event in Salmon Run, the manhole with the gold fish is supposed to have more light coming out of it, and I was wondering if anyone could do a side by side comparison between a regular one and one with a gold fish in it to show me the difference? I'm having trouble telling.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

bizarre deformity posted:

I appreciate that the single player lets you find out which weapon is the worst to use in each level.

it's almost always the roller

Edit: I assume that beating every level with a specific weapon unlocks it at Sheldon's shop, yeah?

Jarogue posted:

I think you meant the Blaster

It's splatling.

E: Also it follows that it should, since you can get the hero shot replica by beating every level with it.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
You can also get him to reset your gear for chunks as well.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I dunno, I feel like a lot of my Salmon Run success at higher levels has been complete RNG in terms of events. A lot of them flat did not appear until Profreshional and I can tell that from a lot of how other people perform at that rank, they didn't for them either. Better pray the people you are playing with know how the gusher, the griller, the glowfly, or the mother ship events work, because boy howdy you might as well be flipping a coin!

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 24, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
The gusher one is where the manholes you see lying around light up and you have to pop open the correct one to reveal a gold salmonid who will drop eggs if you shoot it (shooting the wrong one spawns a torrent of regulars). Apparently the one with the most light is the correct one but I'll be damned if I can see the difference.

e: I think its quite rare, but because of that a lot of people are gonna struggle to get a handle on it and beat the time limit.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 24, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Huh! Maybe I'm just having weird luck in terms of events.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Lakbay posted:

Are there Aviators or Shutter Shades in the game? I just need either of those and I'll be the freshest squid on the block

EDIT: I also need the Aerospray RG if it's still gold

I'd wager that the Rockenburg 18k Aviators are back in at least.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think I'm gonna skip this next salmon run.

250% here I come.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It's more of an aim first, then fire, then stop once your target is lost or dead, then aim again, style weapon because the tracking is super slow while it's firing.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 25, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Salmon's active!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I think its all the single player levels per weapon.

Also:

lol

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

BattleMaster posted:

Can Stingrays do anything about Flyfish (the missile guys?) I've tried a few times but it didn't work out because I suck at aiming and/or I time it poorly and something kills me first.

Yeah, they can kill them, but you have to shoot the little dude in the middle rather than the pods.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Why do the flyfish always spawn across the grates at high tide... :negative:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Do they turn up on the map for enemies any more?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have no idea how to deal with the glowing manhole thing

It's a hot and cold game, I think. The bigger the spout the closer you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Eh, they're not bad. Managed to pull off a 3-man on Profreshional earlier so they're not totally awful. I think the blaster is actually quite good at crowd control because of its piercing, aoe, and ok fire rate.

Also pro tip, on the Spawning Grounds salmon map you can hide in high walls during the goldfly event to get em to swarm underneath you while you're "it." Your team mates will annihilate them.