Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Night Blade posted:

Derivative of what? The game that preceded it? Really? That's a problem?

i've never understood the "ugh this sequel is like the game it's a sequel too :reject:" crowd. like, it's a sequel, i'd expect it to be like the previous game

if you want a different game from something, why are you buying a game named "Something 2"???

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i loving love the paintbrush

President Ark
May 16, 2010

salmon run trip report: pubbies are real bad at killing the inflating headbomb boss

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun.

in a video game? god forbid

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

i wonder what splatoon ink tastes like

they use squid ink as a sauce in japan so i imagine it's not inedible

President Ark
May 16, 2010

vrklgn posted:

sooo are motions control really da bomb? i keep reading that it is but can’t bring myself to get over that hurdle

they're cool, protip: adjust joystick sensitivity way up and motion sensitivity down so you use the joystick for fast movement and the motion for precise stuff

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Frankston posted:

Alternatively, set motion high and joystick low. See what works for you :)

the problem with that is that if you have motion on then you can't use the joystick to aim up/down, only left/right

President Ark
May 16, 2010

bowmore posted:

Thanks team

very helpful

how'd the level 7 even get their super off with no coverage

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Spellman posted:

Hope I can grind out the super-rewards for this after work. Despite salmon run not being available all the time, I like it because it encourages me to play. I probably would've played like once and then focused on Turf otherwise

between the immediate rewards and the meal tickets it gives a shitload of money so that's nice

President Ark
May 16, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hey what's the best gun

the one you like using the most

President Ark
May 16, 2010

was in the last 5 seconds of a profreshional salmon run, was at 11/14 on grillers, won because someone left the game and the quota dropped to 10. thank you for your sacrifice brave leaver :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

When I'm charger in Salmon Run, my biggest problem is not hitting the boss Salmonids. Those things are huge and barely move and are easy to hit if you have even an Inkling of what you're doing. My problem is getting swarmed by the little anklebiters when I'm trying to line up a shot. The quick pew pew inking you get when you tap the fire button mitigates it somewhat, but there's just so drat many of them and I can't kill them fast enough. And if I'm spending all my time dealing with the little zit salmonids, I can't do my job as a charger. I can't count the number of times I've gone to line up a shot on a Steelhead or something and got bumped by a chum or small fry at just the wrong time and whiffed the shot.

throw a grenade at your feet before charging the shot if you aren't being covered