Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm a Splatoon virgin and I am excited for Splatoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I prefer ice cream to cake, so I joined the ice cream team.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I likely won't be able to play the Splatfest anyway since I'll be away. :qq:

Same. These super limited demos are retarded because in most cases those who are following the game enough to know when they're happening are buying the game anyway.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

oopsie rock posted:

The testfires were primarily server stress tests, though. I think this is the same sort of deal, just dressed up with some extra marketing hype.

Ah ok, that makes a lot more sense.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm a casual scrub and I'm going to have fun playing splatoon 2 online

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't know if I'm more excited for splatoon 2 for the game or because I'll finally have another game for my switch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Playing the Japanese splatfest and I have no idea what I'm doing but this is Hella fun and I'm loving it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone know how much mobile data this takes up? About to embark on a 4 hour coach ride that coincides with the European splat fest and it would be kickin' rad if I could pass the ride playing splatoon.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

So many ice cream vs ice cream in EU

Having a hell of a time though

Yeah I've had maybe one or two ice cream Vs cake fights so far

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Are motion controls really the optimal way to play? I cannot stand motion controls in any way whatsoever.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Seems like on US you either stomp or get stomped. Was having much closer games on the JP and EU servers earlier.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Guys I want to really play Splatoon 2 again and I can't

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just want to play the fun colourful shooty paint game :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Literally bought the last Marie and one of the last Callies on Amazon UK, hell yeah

gently caress you

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm glad I found out now that vertical paint doesn't count because I spent a lot of time in the demo painting vertical walls

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mine just showed up in the post

Don't get cooked, stay off the hook.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sorry guys I'm having to queue for several minutes already to get a game this game is already dead

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Deltron 3030 posted:

Give me digital or give me death.

Do we know yet if Ranked Battle is available straight away or do you have to level up first?

You gotta be level 10 to play Ranked Battles!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Where were you when Splatoon 2 killed ARMS?

Playing Splatoon 2

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So how do the shops work? Are different clothes available at random times or do they not change until you've bought what's available?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Different clothes at random times. They rotate with the map changes.

Ok, thanks. So it's worth buying whatever is available at the time?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

pichupal posted:

Also, anyone with an early copy of the game happen to have the Salmon Run schedule available?

Here, this is EU though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Aerospray MG is loving rad and feels broken and I have a superfresh! rating with it whatever that means.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How often are splatfests?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just killed the entire other team with one grenade and it felt loving fantastic.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Hay guyz I found this funny comic

I am so sorry

Not really

Good to see his art style hasn't improved or changed in the 5 years since I last saw a strip of his.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So has it always been the case with splatoon that you can usually tell who's going to win a game after the first 15 seconds?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The answer is hot sauce, but I'll go with mayo out of those two

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My only complaint with Splatoon 2 is it doesn't go to Off The Hook to announce the new stages as they rotate, it just goes "MAPS HAVE CHANGED".

Good, because having to scroll through that every two hours would get extremely tiresome.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Thermal ink doesn't seem to do anything? I've had it equipped now for several hours and I've not been able to see any enemies I've inked behind walls or anything.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

Losing all my matches but I'm loving it

Same, but not loving it. Think I'll give it a few days to normalise. Salmon Run is good fun in the meantime

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm trying to get gyro controls, but it's weird and slow going. Some rounds I'll be on it and kick rear end, then the next round I'll forget how to look up and down and run around like a clueless moron.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I seem to maintain about a 50/50 win/loss ratio for every mode except splat zone, where I've won maybe twice in about thirty games.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I changed my motion controls to max sensitivity and it actually feels a lot better now.

Also holy poo poo are there some mouthbreathers on salmon run.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just had a rainmaker match where my team refused to push forward with the rainmaker and just ran back towards our base whenever we had it. loving hell.

Also, does turf war ever show up in ranked?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Huh, ok. There's the incentive to play regular battles then I guess.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Maybe I'm too impatient but it's painful how long it takes after a match is over to get into a new one.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn't seem longer than any other online shooter to me.:shrug:

I'm just used to overwatch I guess. Match finishes, esc, leave game, queue for next one in about 5 seconds

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This seriously plays and feels so much better for me now I've whacked motion sensitivity to full. Anyone struggling to get a feel for it like I was, maybe give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Can you really not leave matchmaking once you enter? :laffo:

No. Sit, and wait. Maybe look at stuff on your phone whilst you wait.

Unless you're using the app in which case you cant, haha.