Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just got splatted by a sniper who was in front of me and aiming completely the other way :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I really thought the lovely players would disappear in S+ but nope :downs:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It maddens me how reluctant people are to use their specials in salmon run.

Oh poo poo the entire team is about to wipe under this giant onslaught? Better save it just in case. Oh we all died.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Whew, made it :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I honestly don't see too many tri-sloshers at all in ranked. Mostly brushes and splattershots

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man I love having to wait for ages to get games at S+ rank. Even better when they end in a 30 second stomp or something.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ok how can you be a level 50 S+ rank and only manage 3 splats in a game

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Night Blade posted:

Is there some like, ultra high tier tech in which instead of attacking the rainmaker, everyone tries to flank instead and nothing is accomplished?

Holy poo poo, this. I see it in tower control too. Worst example I can give is when I was waiting to respawn, the other team were wiped, and the three other guys on my team were all standing around the tower but none of them got on it, instead they pushed towards the enemy spawn where they died.

S+ is loving dumb.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

no seriously I can't figure out how to win splat zones in shipyard what's the general strategy

I've got 65%, if you're in control of the splat zone you need to constantly be watching both ramps up to the zone, and ink the gently caress out of them so the enemy can't sneak up on you. Also watch for snipers attacking from the raised platforms. If you and your teammates are doing this you can usually shut the game down.

I find the little raised sections on the splat zone itself are also great places to hide as well.

If you're not in control of it, try flanking from both sides. If you see teammates going one way, go the other.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just had a match where someone was afk, they didn't move the entire game but we never got the afk message at the end so it counted as a loss. Bullshit

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The new map seems bad for splatzones. Once one team takes control that's usually it for the game.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've hit that wall where I'm bored with the weapons I'm good at and I can't really find any others I like. I got 100 hours out of it though so can't complain really.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I found an enemy superjumping to a location in a game today, so I waited to ambush him. Suddenly and without warning I died and then a second or two later the guy actually landed. "Splatted by tentatek splattershot".

I don't know what it is with the tentatek splattershot but I get lag-killed by that gun far more than any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I feel like S+ rank strats involve actively avoiding the objectives much more than any other rank.

Also I can't believe that people still don't understand that they should MOVE OFF THE SPLATZONE if you have been targeted by missiles. Holy gently caress how are you S+ rank. Argh.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 27, 2017