Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Didn't the American splatfest start an hour ago? My game keeps telling me there's nothing going on.

e: wait, I misread my timezones. It doesn't start for another hour. nvm me

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

How the hell do I jump to a teammate

I press X and I press the button corresponding to the one I want to jump to... then nothing.

I'm gonna smash a bro

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

If you have the Inkjet and you're on Art Blot Academy, what I like to do is, when it's about ten seconds left on the clock, I run to the right of the center and use the Inkjet to paint up the one-way slope towards the enemy base. Get that little extra bit of ink in before the tally.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

This might just be me, but my teammates are a whole lot more responsive to a "This Way!" call than they ever were to a similar call in Overwatch.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Between this and EVO, I think that's enough internet for one day.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

https://gfycat.com/WiltedDisastrousCock

Unfortunately, nobody answered my mating call

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I really like in Splatoon 2 is that when you get splatted "This Way" changes to "Ouch!" so you can let your guys know there's someone running around behind them claiming turf.

Agreed, that's a really nice change. At least twice a teammate said "Ouch," letting me know that we were getting flanked and I should expect trouble behind me. The fact that you're told where they say Ouch or This Way is a huge plus.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Painting walls also builds your ult iirc

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

It didn't in Splatoon.

Huh, that's ink on my face, I guess.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Pre-bought my copy! Unfortunately I'm getting a physical copy so I won't be able to join anyone online tonight. Gonna be a fun weekend though!

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Is the gatling gun a bad choice in weapon? I'm not getting stellar results with it, but I think it's a weapon I want to learn.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

EightFlyingCars posted:

You don't need to charge it all the way to use it. You only need to get four hits to splat a squid and you can get that with very little charge. Feathering in close quarters also works

That said, it's an amazing shutout weapon and you can use the sprinkler as a low-rent shield too! Just make sure you drop it ahead of time because it takes a ton of ink.

e: Also! Shoot in front of where your target is trying to go. Once they're knee deep in your ink, the rest of your shots will take care of all the rest.

It's definitely a learning curve, since I'm used to holding squid and fire and releasing fire to go into squid immediately, and doing that with the gatling gun cancels your fire entirely. Definitely some growing pains with this one.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

This is my first time playing Rainmaker. It is very intense.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Goddamn, the Heavy Splatter is monstrous in Splat Zones. Never before have I felt such power

e: I'm willing to accept alternatives for Tower Control.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 23, 2017

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I just pulled these. Which do I want more?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Stealth Jump isn't complete stealth they'll still be notified that someone is jumping into the area it just won't be locked down on a pin head.

I'll trust you on this one, complete stranger

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

If you have the ball, please do not run towards our own goal :(

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Is it me, or did this Ketchup vs Mayo splatfest turn into some kind of Furry vs Not Furry thing? I've seen a lot of furry not-Miiverse art for Mayo and a lot of "spill the blood of the furries" art for Ketchup. It's weirding me out.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Rexroom posted:

If mayo loses, you know who to blame.

Well, I'm on team Ketchup, so I guess I'll know who to thank.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

As a Heavy Splatling enthusiast, I've found that it sucks for Turf and it isn't amazing at Splat Zones. Some weapons are just better at different scenarios and levels. When the object of the game is to cover as much ground with ink as possible (in the case of turf war/splatfests/Splat Zones), having a weapon that either fires far but in a straight line, or fires in a wide cone but very shallow, you're going to be at a disadvantage compared to weapons that fire in cones and at mid ranges (and are therefore not great at getting kills).

Stick with chargers/buckets/gatling guns in ranked, but give yourself an automatic for splatfests, imo. Everyone likes picking on the guy for using an Aerospray, but hell, if you like winning...

e:

Internet Kraken posted:

In the last minute of the map though, you want to grab as much unsafe terrain as possible.

I like to call that "biting." If your team bites a chunk out of the enemy team's safe zones, then it doesn't matter if the center of the map is a hot zone.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 6, 2017

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Stringbean posted:

I don't get the Charger hate mannnnnnn. Sure, more often than not Charger players are stupid idiots who sit in one spot the entire time. But the good ones use that range to sprint around the map and flank in good spots.

I love my Charger :(

don't judge me.

It's less "hate" and more "certain tools are stronger/weaker than others in certain situations." A charger is best used to splat enemies, which, in some scenarios, such as turf war and splat zones, this may not be the most desirable feature for your team's composition. That said, if you have the results to prove you're a beast with a charger, more power to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Rick vs Morty