Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo the demo's up? Gotta get in on the ground floor this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
bad cake is really bad like we're talkin' trash here; bad ice cream is merely mediocre I guess so I guess it wins on that front

but tres leches cake and tiramisu exist so I'm conflicted... do those both count as strictly "cake"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
BORN TO BAKE
pie is a cake
frost em all 1989
434,765,823 dead ice creams

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Heavy Splatling feels extremely satisfying in Salmon Run- so many masses of slow-moving things to shoot at!

some good random teams this morning before work, not counting the player who kept squid-ing through the grates into the water and dying lol (I.... did it once too)

also which goon has squid_loss.jpg as their drawing thing in the lobby now

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
fooled around with the splatling and was able to surprise a few people with the range on it I think

feel completely rusty at this game and I kinda wish there were some people on around my level; almost never see sub-level 10 players like me

I'll keep at it; game continues to be good

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Had a good streak this weekend with the N-Zap 85- balance between ink efficiency and decent range lets me ink turf pretty easily and not be outranged in every single goddamn fight like with the Aerospray and Splattershot Jr. Feels good when you armor up a few other people on your side and you tear through the opposing team too.

Dualies feel good with some ink usage reduction stuff too- rolling away from a super jump spawncamp feels good and it seems like you can surprise a lot of people with the increased range and rate of fire after the roll but it takes a little more thought to set up

find myself just not using the subweapons a lot of the time and I know that's not really right so I gotta work on that

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
that time where you're standing around going like "c'mon open up your little missile basket things you rear end in a top hat" while everything else is trying to kill you and you look away for a moment and whoops now you can't line things up all that well and just wasted a sub

They're really only bad when there's like 3 other bosses running around loving poo poo up and you can't afford to concentrate and aim at all. Nailing one in one go with a teammate who's paying attention is pretty sweet though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm v easily amused and a bear paying you to beat up salmon is funny

I feel like they couldn't figure out how to render a bear in splatoon's art style and that's why he's a neat radioscratch that I guess Judd Exists so they have rendered at least one furry mammal

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 13, 2017

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Q/=E

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh man the random weapons every round in Salmon Run make it a lot more fun, except when it gives you 3 chargers and a nozzlenose and you get stomped into the dirt

Hey question- how do you use the Stinger effectively? What is it for?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Stinger is great for glowflies when your team is idiots, can shoot down the mothership and get a bunch of bonus eggs, if you fire them at the flyfish pilot it can bypass their armor and will bypass the armor of everything, you still have to shoot the bombs on steelheads though. The big problem with it is you're extremely vulnerable to the random salmon mobs with it so get somewhere out of the way before whipping it out.

How about in Turf War? I think I've splatted a grand total of like 2 people with it and I never seem to be able to really do too much with it. Is it more of just kind of an area denial tool?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Doing well with the Sploosh-o-Matic and The Heavy Splatling- rush in to point blank range or stay far, far away. I can't do anything between those two extremes

People still do not really seem to respect the range on the Splatling; this is good for me. It's bad at painting small areas but alright at covering spaces where you have like a long, straight line to strafe on.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's a random matchmaking online team game

Regardless of how well you do sometimes you're gonna lose due to stuff your teammates do

I really don't care too much unless someone is straight-up AFK for half the round or whatever though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have embraced the Sploosh-o-Matic lifestyle of having approximately zero range but also not aiming

I think things are working out better for me because there are just no questions about whether or not I'm gonna be outranged and if I can't make it work I just disengage and run away

it also paints pretty fast if you are constantly rotating

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trinexx posted:

With the Sploosh specially, put on good amount of Run Speed Up gear. Being able to close your range gap faster while firing is pretty fantastic.

Though with this I also somehow manage to fail at splatting people that are too close.

Thanks, have to give this a shot.

seems like I get splatted by/trade with the Splattershot Jr more often than other weapons using my point-blank-idiot strategy so I should learn to be a little more careful around those

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
JoyCons in the plastic frame felt a little weird at first but now I don't really notice I'm using it.

Motion4Lyfe

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can't figure out if the .52 Gal is any good or not compared to just the regular Splattershot- range is the same and the time it takes to splat someone kinda... seems the same?

aside from the Baller special hot dang that thing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Turning the match around by annihilating the enemy team with a Heavy Splatling from a distance while they're all standing directly on top of the objective like a bunch of dorks is a good feeling... maybe too good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 10, 2017

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've lost the only two Mothership rounds I've seen because nobody helped me when the ship was vacuuming the eggs out of the basket

this way!

This Way!

THIS FUCKIN" WOOMIN' WAY poo poo!!!!

How the extra types of rounds work should probably be a forced tutorial like the bosses

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

I'm surprised they buffed the dualie squelchers as much as they did. Already seemed like one of the better loadouts to me.

Was getting ganked left and right by the things last night- range keeps surprising me because I see a profile of someone using Dualies and think "oh I'm safe back here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh my gooooooooddd

Only took 'em all the way through the first game and like 4 months into the new one but I'll take it