Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

So I'm apparently the worst player ever at this game. Consistently bottom of whatever team I'm on, a negative win curve in standard, and trying out ranked I managed to break the tube and reach whatever it is that you get for losing 8 despite winning only once.

Am I just not squid enough for this game? The only gun I've felt like I can do anything with is the splatling gun due to being able to somewhat survive more by keeping my distance but my aim is still trash despite motion controls. I've tried nearly everything so far and they all felt like I was doing something horribly wrong with them. I just don't know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

The second map for salmon is awful. I think I should just skip it when its this one. And there's a useless roller in the weapon lineup too. How do you make use of a roller in this mode or manage the 3rd wave on this massive mess of land with the terrible fan elevators.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

I need help with terf war. I've managed to get to b- and still climbing in the ranked modes and feel I understand how they work or at least how to improve. With terf war I'm always dead last and the only time we win is when the other team is filled with bad players or they have a leaver. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong; I ink everywhere I can but it's almost always just a flat loss by 10+. Grinding up to queen has had my switch battery get low twice now and I still have another 25 points to get.

In ranked I usually brush but that doesn't seem to be anywhere as useful in terf war so I tried the tri slosher everyone says is OP but I can barely hit anyone with it.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

man having a charger on your team is pretty much an auto-loss in turf war huh

I managed to badly lose to a team mayo that had TWO! 8D

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Goons hiding behind protecting children to mask their hatred for a social group that has loud gross people.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yes, a social group that jacks off to stuffed animals in diapers. Safe to say their sexual fetish should stay off an E for everyone game

Hiding behind protecting children to mask hatred for a social group that has loud gross people. Yes. Ban all of them. They're all that. And not kids drawing anthro animal versions of themselves.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

I thought it was impossible myself but after several hours of beating my head against a wall (and bit of sleep to help the brain compile it all) I went back at it and won within a few tries earlier today. Spoilered tips for what helped me get through all of it.

For me at least, the strategy involved a lot of being aggressive and cautious simultaneously and I rarely used bombs.

Phase one: dodge the first autobomb and focus on them while they fly; they have really bad aim as long as you keep moving.

Phase two; go right in for damage and be super agressive while dodging the bubbles. This and the next round rely on just getting better at aiming and dodging at the same time.
Tips for that: spread the ink around where they are before going in and out of cover (and use cover a lot!) Once they're inked a bunch they tend to have worse aim and focus on dodging more.

Phase three is the toughest one for me; autobombs are the worst and it's just fighting them with tonnes of those. This one is a straight up brawl and it's just practice and stubborness.

Phase 4 is easier, though you have to get used to jump throwing bombs. There's a lot of downtime to recover broken shields and it doesn't hurt to just lay low and run around inking the area a bunch since it's so tough to get this far.

Phase 5 is a brawl like three but with less bombs and occasionally frantic running away. Not as bad as phase 3 but still requires practicing dodging while firing at them and good use of cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

I don't understand turf war.

Ive gotten to A rank in rainmaker and B in everything else and didn't see signs of slowing down but with terf war it's just a constant losing streak every time unless they're missing a player. And even then sometimes we still lose!

I follow all the advice; I try not to die, I try to focus on the middle, ink base when I do die, it doesn't matter. The enemy team just takes over everything and even if I manage to get a bunch of kills they still win. Even if we get an early lead we just lose it and they win.

What the hell is so different in this mode compared to the ranked battles!?!?