Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I love the bucket! I love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I just had the boy-mayor of squid life personally show up in my plaza to tell me that squids should be able to vote.

No boot hat, though.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Someone post that comic with the dudebro angrily chewing out a child for not playing this game for children the right way, it's always relevant

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Sorry in advance to other people who are playing salmon run.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

oh my god I'm so sorry salmon run people

I'm so sorry

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

If I pick Mayo do I get to use white ink?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

wow I already hate the dual squelchers

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I don't like AFK players

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Same, I think its harder to carry the match in tower control than in other modes.

Yeah the constant mantra of "INK YOUR SPAWN YOU IDIOTS" seems to have taught a lot of people to meticulously ink spawn at start of round which is the worst.

You definitely want to charge the enemy ASAP, maaaaybe one person hang back to paint to try to get an early super off on the enemy. But then as people die, they paint spawn when they spawn.

Except for the people who don't. I don't like it when we win mid but nobody painted any of the nooks of spawn so we lose.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Just had a dude on the results screen with a score of 0p. I don't really know how this is possible considering I never saw anyone idling at spawn and I don't think we were down any players.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Takoluka posted:

Rage quits do this.

well heck

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Is there an option to tun off the waiting for players music/warbling nonsense? It was cute but holy poo poo is it starting to get on my nerves.

e: duelies were a mistake

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 07:35

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Mayo has no place on hamburgers, so I can't blame you for throwing up everywhere.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I'll always Booyah the person who splats the guy that just splatted me.

Vengeance!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I'm now torn between the bucket and octobrush, which is just a heckin lot of fun until your wrist starts hurting. They're both really good!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

lol, for the last 2 rounds our teams have basically traded spawns and inked the other team's spawn

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

bandaid.friend posted:

Here's the secret way to win at Splatoon, pay attention play turf war after school hours against actual children, fucken ruin the little shits

savage

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I have discovered the horrible joy of spawncamping. It feels so gross but it's great that their team isn't going anywhere, or doing anything.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

holy poo poo clash blaster is awful

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

It's fitting that it's covered in crayons because it feels like I'm firing a kindergarten safety gun.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

HOLY poo poo

take the joycons off

use them like you would wiimote+nunchuck

it's incredible

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

Uh wow the joycons are really good.

Right? All you have to do is move your wrist a little. It's better than M+KB!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

No jesting, this is legit the most comfortable I've ever been in a shooter.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Blasters are so good when you can actually aim them, god drat

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

Don't use the little strappy top bit, or at least that's what I did.

Yeah, the straps are great for ARMS but they feel weirdly comfortable without for Spla2n.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I'm gonna have to go back to inkbrush, because nobody inks spawn.

Please ink your spawn, or at least make sure it's mostly covered before the last minute.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ink spawn upon your first death. Get some of that lost meter back while heading into the fray.

No, I'm talking about the round ends and in the results screen your side is less than half painted. That's what I mean when I say ink spawn.

You don't have to do it right away, but for godsake please do it before the round ends.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Just saw a Jerkcity squidpost.

God bless you, whoever you are.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes and the person you're talking to understands that.

And is adding the good advise that you should not ink spawn initially, but do it on your first respawn. They are correct. There's no need to correct them. They understood you fine.

It was a general use of the word "you" and I assumed that the person I was replying to implicitly understood that, especially considering he was sharing an anecdotal example of end-of-round ink coverage as an act of commiseration implicating that we were on the same page of the subject,

but

thanks for jumping in to defend him, I'm sure he appreciates it.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Martytoof posted:

You should be able to hardcode your ink colour because why not.

The disappointment when I'm on a purple team.

I'm going to find you and say rude things about your ancestry.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Ink mines kinda own. The damage isn't great, but the way that you can set them and forget them plus the fact that everybody knows when somebody steps one makes them really useful for defending chokepoints, and also just in general.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Falling in the water during salmon run is so humiliating...

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Seems like if more than 1 flyfish spawns at once and your team's not on it with the quickness you're pretty much hosed.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

3/4ths of the squidposts in my square were about furries. Is there a way to shoo these particular people out of my lobby?

And why isn't there an unfresh rating? Some of these motherfuckers are stale as subway bread, get out of here with that poo poo.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Don't spoil things for people, IMO, even if it's a children's game and even if you think it's something that's obvious.

Let people have their fun, man.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Are there any shoes that look more like ugly bowling clownshoes than the strapping reds? I'm trying to make a douchy pro bowler outfit around the octobowler shirt and go around spamming curling bombs as much as possible for a gimmick.

Also, any good suggestions for the hat? I'm probably going to need something with Ink saver sub that looks suitably obnoxious.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

gettin real tired of aerosprays and nzaps

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

Seems like thermal in would work well with the brushes. Splatter some ink to tag them, then sneakily hunt them down.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

I need a button to skip off the hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pillbug

dragon enthusiast posted:

I need a button to skip reading your posts

We have that, it's the ignore feature.