Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

:barf:
I don't think anyone should be allowed to pretend to have discerning taste when discussing things they put on corndogs, battered polyps from satan's own rear end in a top hat.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

JackDarko posted:

The funniest part is the furries can actually draw, everyone else is doing pixel rendering poo poo. It's hard to beat them when they apparently have all the talent or free time.

Take solace in knowing that you have already beaten them in everything that counts by virtue of not being them.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

what the gently caress, man

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Hi I just got this game, it's my first Splatoon and it's really fun. Can't wait for Splatfest tomorrow.

It's good.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm getting the hang of the Blaster and it owns. Can't paint for poo poo but I just killed 10 dudes in one round of turf war, which was more than their team got combined.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

People seem to have a really hard time understanding the concept of verticality, and will happily run directly into aerospray-infested chokepoints repeatedly instead of taking the higher ground for an ambush.

Weird.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

I got a headlamp helmet from salmon run with main ink saver and one chunk in main ink saver so I thought what the hell - I drank a saver drink and, well, now I have a three main ink saver helmet.

I got the same thing with ink resist shoes, minus the initial sub slot.

Drinks are the way to go, probably.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Trying to hold the middle of the stage while your 3 other teammates try and fail to catch one squid who got onto our side will never not be infuriating.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

FLANK THEM

gently caress

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

About an hour ago every single squidpost in my square was furry-related. This is getting out of hand.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

new map bad

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

How do the snails work?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

No, I mean how are they distributed.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm beginning to understand the hate for the Tri-Slosher.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I swear to god, every time the entire enemy team has set up camp in the middle of the map and we need really need to make a push and gain some ground, there's always ONE guy that splits away from the group to paint something off to the side at the last second before we get to the middle and we lose the push. Every time.

Then he dies too, in a hailstorm of aerospray and shame.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

That's because they're right and you're wrong.

Alright, I'll just go sit over there with the rest of the wrong ketchup kings.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

You get them from paying Murch to scrub your gear. He charges $20000 for most items (but only $2000 for the Splatfest T-shirt).

To add a specific ability to a piece of gear, it costs 10 chunks. The second slot costs 20 chunks, the third slot costs 30. So if you want to stack something specific, you need to amass 60 chunks (and there's 14 types of ability chunk you can get, so it will probably take a couple hundred scrubs to get 60 of any one particular ability).

Drinks are the fast way if you feel lucky. They're much easier to get than chunks, and are pretty generous mostly in getting the ability.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh, gently caress off.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

aaaaaaaagh

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Now I have even more reasons to hate mayonnaise.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh yeah, and do note they changed how the Ink Saver abilities work in this game. Each weapon has one of 2 attributes associated with it that affect how much Ink Saver affects it. Generally, weapons with higher ink consumption are affected more, while weapons with lower ink consumption are affected less. Full list is on the first sheet of this Google Doc. (Oh and the stuff like damage values are purely for how long the bars on the stats screen are, so ignore those. The actual values can be seen in the testing range.)

What exactly are "Middle" and "High" even meant to mean in this context? Does it mean that the effect is high or medium, or that you need more or fewer to make a difference? Is this all measured with one main ability Ink Saver? Multiple main abilities? What about sub abilities? Is this explicitly in reference to Ink Saver Main, or does it apply to Ink Saver Sub also?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

High gets affected more. (Apparently up to 50% reduction.) Medium, it's up to around 47% reduction instead. Not sure how subs factor into that, though.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Internet Kraken posted:

Speaking of health, is the bomb defense perk useful at all?

Furthermore, is it effective against things other than bombs? If it's more generalized explosion resistance and it reduces damage from things like Tenta-Missiles or the explosion from the Baller, I could see that being really useful.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Why is there always a guy that beelines the enemy spawn, and always charges back there no matter how many times he's killed or how the round is going?

Who is that man? What does he hope to accomplish?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It's actually really awesome that the end difference in snails is so small if you're willing to put in the effort.

But I'm still mad that soggy white mess of a condiment ran away with a win in anthing but the race for "worst thing to put on a hamburger."

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

How the heck do you deal with autobombs, you can't shoot them and I feel like they follow you forever before they explode

Treat it like you would a single tenta missile. Stand still to set it off, then casually walk out of range of the explosion and ink over where it was before resuming your business.

Alternatively, die.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Like yeah furries are gross but jesus some of you are acting like you're the last wall against some kind of invading force. It's some weirdos drawing cartoon animals in some speech bubbles in a game calm down holy poo poo. You're reporting of benign drawings isn't some how going to send a message to furries not to draw stuff and drive them away. Losing your poo poo about furries was old hat on SA back in 06

gently caress off

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

HellCopter posted:

ban this sick filth

Like seriously it's artists finding an excuse to draw art. What hypothetical child is going to be scarred for life by a drawing of a cartoon dog-man

The ones who search provided twitter/tumblr handles hoping to find more "cute" art.

You idiot. You absolute moron.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ledgem posted:

Hiding behind protecting children to mask hatred for a social group that has loud gross people. Yes. Ban all of them. They're all that. And not kids drawing anthro animal versions of themselves.

We've got a live one, boys.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh man this SR loadout is brutal.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I will say that this game sometimes makes me angry in ways I thought only Smash could.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Is there a point to the nozzlenose?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

The inkjet is really powerful, you just have to be mindful of your surroundings when using it and what weapons the other team has. Anyone you take on in a fair fight should lose to you everytime. What you need to watch out for is ambushes, especially if the other team has long range weapons.

Splashdown is the special I'm struggling to get a good use out of. I mean, theoretically I understand why its good. But against really good players it feels like they just look up and shoot me out of the air. And even when I do get it off, it feels like any terrain chances whatsoever completely gently caress it up. If the enemy isn't completely exposed and on the exact same elevation as you, it does nothing.

If the enemy runs away instead of murdering you during your startup frames, it has brief invincibility and I think it persists for about a second after the move finishes, in my experience of trying to shoot people who've just used it. Basically if you don't get popped starting it up you can use the ink it spawns to get out of there.

It also scales with height, and you can use it out of a superjump, so you can use it to surprise the kind of players that like to sit around shooting at jump points.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I only just noticed that Flow has a tail.

She also only has one foot. Because she's a mollusk.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Y'ALL KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the data miners found out the true effect of drink tickets. It doesn't work the way most people think they do.

You know how each brand has a favored ability that you're 5 times more likely to get? What the drink does is forcibly change the favored ability to the one on the drink. Favored abilities and drinks do not stack. This means that if you drink Special Charge Up, and the brand's favored ability is Special Charge Up, congratulations, you just wasted your ticket.

Oh, and drinks do absolutely nothing to Splatfest Tees aside from increasing the gear EXP. You can't change the fact that it favors Ink Resist, so if you want to increase how often a Splatfest Tee levels up, just use your worst drink on it.

:oh:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

gently caress I hate dualies

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

0 for 2 now. gently caress that noise and gently caress splatfests, just give me a monthly stipend of sea snails thanks.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I don't like Kelp Dome

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

They finally made a splatfest just for Goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

When's the beans/no beans in chili splatfest?