Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Night Blade posted:

The new thread title.

What is splat?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah my right joycon drifts left in the lobby.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I wondered what that icon underneath the weapon name in the lobby screen was. Mine was "raw" for the longest time. Tonight, I had a multi-game winning streak, by chance getting paired up with the same lvl 20+ people (I started at level 6 tonight). It's been a bit now and my streak finally broke, now I'm at 9 and the rating was 11. Then I lost a few games and it's down to 8.5.

Is this the "fresh bonus" that was happening occasionally between games?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Works for underwear too, minus the nails part.

Jeeze, trim your dicknail once in awhile.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hit 10, played a few hours of ranked.

It's fun, but turf war seemed more fun. I was really looking forward to 10, but now it seems there's no goal to go towards.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 26, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The stick is still supposed to be used for turning :negative:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
DK64 is great because it has the DK rap opening that I recorded from the TV into my home alone-style tape recorder and played before bedtime to help me sleep in my hide-a-bed couch bed during my childhood that's all kthx bye.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Why are you playing a game for children?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

OK but this is super duper important! Are "gherkins" sour dill flavored, or sweet flavored?!

Because dill pickles are goddamn delicious and I can't live without 'em, especially on burgers! Sweet pickles are an abomination.

You shut your whore mouth about sweet pickles. Dill are amazing, but sweet are also amazing. Equal-opportunity pickle-lover.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Then I am a child king and my kingdom shall be full of butter dill chips and sweet relish.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Shinmera posted:

I think Nintendo just figured that the more mundane something is the more readily people will get into petty arguments about it. After all "how could anyone be wrong about this basic thing?" Is pretty inflammatory.

The nearly ten years of Wii surveys that I did almoat weekly will attest to that.

I loved how fairly granular Nintendo got with showing the results by region/gender. It was interesting.

My parents had the Wii News Channel up as the default channel the cable box would tune to on startup, and the Wii was always on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I need a release date for dat amiibo pack

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My yeetee Splatoon shirt came in today.

Totally forgot I even ordered it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Drugs-Era Nintendo best Nintendo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Based on the number of "Marina > Pearl" miiverse things, IDK man (also they are correct).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Might be home connection or ISP or router settings, maybe? I'm on the cheapest-rear end connection I can buy from Cox in Phoenix/Mesa ($30/month 10mbps) and I use wireless through an old-rear end dlink router running Tomato and I can count the disconnects/errors I've had on literally one hand. And most of those were on Christmas day so I can believe that it was Nintendo's servers or something choking under load.

I usually end up playing with a lot of JP players and it seems just fine.

I know that a lot of people complain about the netcode or something, to the point it has become a meme in certain corners of the fan sites. However, I wonder if it has something to do with modern router NAT or other settings mucking things up, because I can't believe how steady it has been for me. Currently I'm in a 1970's apartment, and previously I was in a new development house 30 miles across town and it all still seems just fine. Regional?

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 10, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

In Training posted:

With peer to peer connections whoever has the worst connection has the best playing experience. It seems great to you because you're probably lagging around the playfield like a maniac for everybody else

Not the same argument (and also not true depending on the netcode and what is given preference). We're talking about disconnects and errors, not play quality. A lot of people attribute disconnects to purely a speed thing, and my example is showing it's not. I'm finishing games with other players in the lobby - if my lovely internet were to cause them to disconnect (:psyduck:), then I'd end a lot of games alone. Which is why I mentioned that maybe it's a regional thing or there may be a hardware issue with the specific modem/router OP has, or another problem. Either way his/her experience is not typical.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 10, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I only got five games in (work ended at 8) but it was my first splatfest and really fun.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Strangely enough this thread is the most reliable place for Splatfest schedules and notifications. All other sites, including the wikis, are either never updated or just plain incorrect.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
SO I had stopped really playing Splatoon but then I discovered Salmon Run three days ago and whenever it's up I'm jamming. It's an awesome mode.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Marina is the best one lmao.

:emptyquote: also.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't like people booyahing at the beginning of the round in Salmon Run. Communication during the countdown should be limited alerting people if it's low tide and they need to rush to the other catch point.

Boo this--

Oh

Bleck posted:

I boo the man as his father!

:yeah:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Leaf Lock posted:

Wise squids Booyah because they have something to Booyah; fools Booyah because they have to :tipshat:

We have something to booyah: analysis of teammates. Checkmate, abooyahists.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Over Here!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Gonna test the splatoon printer with this one tomorrow:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Never gotten past 170 :whatup:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

In Training posted:

I only reached 200 today, failed a few Wave 3s on the way there too. High tide on Lost Outpost on Wave 3 is so hosed up, the round timer ticks down and 3 boss horns immediately go off lol

And two of the three are a Maws and one is the sniper bastard.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whoa whoa only the lovely dithered part was scanned. All the parts that are extra-lovely (his entire arm, his glasses, the egg, his horrifying mouth and tie, and the words) were done pixel-by-pixel by me.

However, still drawn with a mouse not the switch controller so I'll allow your claim of cheating to stand.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Splamech amiibo when?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It works!

https://twitter.com/Clinton_Yeats/status/974823186607964164

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This Salmon Run suuuuuuuuucks

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's why Salmon Run is so good

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Because there's probably literally not enough people at his rank to play with. That's the entire reason for the "prestige" system that every online shooter has.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, how do you flick without jumping?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

E2M2 posted:

Why isn't salmon run permanent

Because gently caress You, that's why.

No actually they just don't want the playerbase to be all doing one thing I guess.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://twitter.com/Clinton_Yeats/status/977044405935730688

This was a lot of tracing of multiple pictures, and also some freehand stuff (that you can totally tell was freehand). I think I've spent more time on these dumb posts than the actual game in the past week.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Catch!" would maybe just cause a resurgence of the "I'm gay" "No gay" lobby BS :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thinking about this for whenever the launch happens:

https://twitter.com/Clinton_Yeats/status/977800017049104384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

So there's this person on Etsy.