Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I'm reconsidering my purchase of Splatoon 2 after this splatfest. I only played the last 40 minutes but I definitely wasn't having fun. Most matches I pretty much got instantly killed by guys with dual splats before I even realized someone was there. I got maybe two kills per round. And the matchmaking took forever. I think between being killed and the matchmaking I played only 15 out of those 40 minutes. I'll try the EU splatfest later tonight but the game's gone from a must-buy to a maybe for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Huh, I tried getting on my JP account but it still connects me to the US servers and splatfest. What gives?

Anwyays, US splatfest coming up.

Yeah there's three different game files out there: one for jp, eu and us/au. So you need to get on the eshop with your jp account. Us splatfest is not for another 4 hours right?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I enjoyed this splatfest a lot more. Knowing the maps allowed me to get the jump on some team ice cream fuckers with the roller. I also had several cake v cake matches: was cake actually more popular in Europe?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Today I learned that squids (inklings) are different from octopi (octolings).

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

People still don't get the glow fly waves

Why don't you explain them

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Here's a spoiler for y'all: mayo sucks and is going to lose

You guys are so loving wrong. Mayo is fantastic. Ketchup is for you fat sugaraddicts.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Mayo is high in cholesterol, what with all those eggs. So go on, clog those arteries.

Cholesterol in your food gets broken down in your intestines and does not increase cholesterol in your blood where it's dangerous. Sugar on the other hand is the devil.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

^burtle posted:

Just realized you have to basically hit 200p in one day of Salmon Run to get the helmet. Thought I was going to pop in for a quick 2 games during lunch but noooope.

Depending on your pay grade 4 games would be enough though. Plus, it's fun!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Wow I woke up and found out apparently I suck at splatoon. First I was consistently getting first or second place in turf war with the roller, and the team almost always won. Now I'm always last, by far. I haven't won a single match yet.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

In Training posted:

The splatfest tee is cheapest but if you're going for a specific ability chunk the most ideal route is finding the brand you need on a 1-star item, adding two slots and then farming that. It will also be harder to keep your funds up that way because it levels faster than a normal 3 star piece of gear.

Why does it level faster? Because it's a former 1-star item?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Just finished some turf war games with a god-level player. He was level 50 and used the classic squiffer. He single-handedly won the game for his lovely team. In his first game he didn't die once. Really impressive to see the skill some people have.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
When is the salmon run special event today? And where could I find that in the switch online app? I tried looking but I couldn't find a mention of Salmon Run anywhere.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Thanks! Christ that's after midnight here. And ends very early in the morning. I guess I'm not participating.

^^^And thanks for that link! Just what I was looking for. It even converts to my timezone!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

why the gently caress is there a disconnect in salmon run like literally every other game

i never experience this in the normal game modes

Interestingly, my experience is opposite. I get a ton of disconnects in ranked and turf war, but never in salmon run.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Why is the splattershot so popular? I understood it's similar to the N-zap statwise, but that one has ink armor which is way better than splashdown.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I was playing some turf war because grizzco was closed and I wanted something casual. But man turf war is a toin coss. If you get the disconnect you lose, if they get the disconnect you win. I didn’t play a single match without a disconnect. Is it always that bad?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/924681611806875649
I can now safely say that the regular Dynamo Roller is just trash. There's nothing the regular set has going for it. Ink Mines and Sting Ray do nothing to cover the short-comings of the Dynamo: the slow swing, heavy ink consumption, high risk usage, etc. Compare now to the Gold Dynamo Roller's set: Splat Bombs and Ink Armor. Evidently more appropriate tools for the weapon that gives the roller more maneuverability. The regular feels like it was made for someone comfortable in keeping a turf, but how are you supposed to do that when your team sucks? It's too reliant on your teammates. So if I had to choose a Dynamo Roller, I'd go with the Gold one.

I like how you can always see someone do a little awkward shuffle at the end of these videos as you try to find the record button while your adrenaline is still pumping.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I wish they would mix up the way splatfest are won from time to time.

Why can't they factor in most splats? or total inked turf? I feel like these are always 51%-49% on the wins/losses.

That’d be the same though right? All splatfests so far have had extremely close scores on wins, which shows that the voting is completely uncorrelated with skill. So anything skill-based is going to be basically 50-50 also.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

I dunno, baseball vs soccer has a pretty clear generational divide in the states. If I were trying to game the system rather than vote for the one I liked, I wouldn't've chosen the one that most middle schoolers would also pick

Good theory! The evidence (an equal win rate) says there is no correlation between skill and choosing baseball or soccer.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

raditts posted:

(ProTip: you can dive down to grab and deposit eggs while the jetpack is deployed, which often becomes a game saver when you have to get eggs in with seconds left on the clock)

WHAT?! How?!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

I report squidbagging :smugbert:

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Whoa loving well done

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I love how in Splatoon you’re always focused on the game so it always takes a while to register that you just did something awesome, and it always shows in these videos.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Salmon run has the grizzco blaster it’s the beeest!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

GANDHITRON posted:

And I die all the time, too!!!!!

Yeah and in the off chance you're not dying you're clearly doing well so you don't need the powerup! Comeback is great.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Takoluka posted:

People would find a way to fake the validation.

B...Blockchain?!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Salmon run is gooood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Smiles posted:

i dont mind how bad most profreshionals are but the thing i get irrationally annoyed most about is this:

https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1049227081106640896
i could have saved her but you know what i let her die hahahaha

This is great. gently caress that idiot.