Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

But its also a game where K/D literally doesn't even matter. Its either about painting surface area or scoring points with the objective. Kills are secondary. That alone should make it way more open to pubbies than most FPS.

You can get killed all the time and not get many kills and still contribute. I've won matches where one player on the enemy team had like 18 kills and we only had like 3 kills each.

Then you have single player, co-op horde mode... like what are you guys even on about.

This isn't counter-strike what the gently caress :psyduck:

yeah im not a wizard by any stretch at shooting games but the whole point of splatoon was always "yeah k/d doesn't matter so much as getting property with the inkpaint" so it's easier to contribute without being a COD Blops master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

How does the Salmon Run reward system work, you get to a certain level and then get cash? Do you get to upgrade your default loadout eventually or is this dependant on each round giving you a new gun?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

half of my losses I look at the Results screen and see someone with a 0 score on my team. How is that even possible, I saw them moving around

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is it just me or are the shotgun and the paintbrush now that great? I feel like the shotgun is too slow and the brush lines are too thin, plus I get owned by splatties when wielding that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

No idea what the shotgun is, but brushes play extremely differently than other weapons. You can't do anything from range but can kill extremely quickly up close. The key to using a brush is to utilize its mobility to constantly flank and ambush. Also you really need to lean on your subweapon when that isn't an option. Both the inkbrush and octobrush have good subweapons for flushing people out of places you can't reach easily.

The inkbrush does have a very thin trail though, which is why you want ink resistance equipped when using one. It mostly negates the slowdown from touching ink so you won't lose all your speed when you dash away and brush up against a tiny puddle.

my mistake is probably trying to play it exactly as I was when I used a roller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Onean posted:

Their tumblr for even more art.

this guy sure does want to stitch huge titties on these kid squids