Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

What kind of person isn't excited for Odyssey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Who the gently caress cares about Crash in the year 2017

Llooks like someone isn't up to date on his sa memes. Pitiful noob...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Coolspaz posted:

As long as the gear you get from salmon run is not required to compete I'm all for it. It will bug me if theres a BIS that you can only get from a certain salmon run boss that only opens up every 6 months

That would be incredibly un-Nintendo-like

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Wow did you notice Callie and Marie were never in agreement about the splatfest theme? It's almost like they were just doing their job and not really giving their personal opinion!

I don't think they're real

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

The real question is once they inevitably sell the two new idol amiibos as a 2-pack, what are we going to do with the bad one? Donate it to a Goodwill or something I guess.

Goodwill doesn't accept trash

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is the umbrella gonna be the actual shotgun equivalent. I loved splatoon 1 but I love to run shotgun (and shotgun equivalents) in shooters

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

Do you get a boner every time you go to the beach or pool and see women in swimsuits?

I think ill let my long list of police reports speak for itself

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you're on different sides of the splatfest, are you really even friends?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I am on Team Dog in all splatfests forever.

If a person is on team cat are they really even a person

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I'm going to back off agreeing with the fascist avatar paraphrasing Eric Trump and just say that I am extremely a Dog Person.

Well you took all the fun out of this avatar

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I kinda dig that dudes art style, but that is a very thirsty Twitter feed

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Teetering over the sexy abyss

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sordas Volantyr posted:

But what if I don't like cake OR ice cream?

Team diabetes is next week

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Marshmallows suck. They ruin Smores. I don't care who I anger with that, the truth deserves to be free

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yo, these pro controllers are pretty nice

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You know seeing how many other sea life forms the squids oppress or enslave for their own gain.......are we the baddies?

And remember, STAY FAAAASH!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I swear to god I'm not an avatar gimmick

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

yay I got my wife a switch

People out here fighting scalpers in the street just to get one grey switch and mr. Money bags over here has two. The nerve of the some people...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gimme a shotgun analogue Nintendo that's all I ask for

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

ive got a neon

The one true switch. Go with god in your travels

Dr Cheeto posted:

The bucket is a decent shotgun analogue. Powerful close-range weapon with spread.

Eh I want something gun shaped. My demands are weird, I know

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

drat son, john wooing around with the dualies is amazing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

After all that cake smack talk I don't think anyone actually picked cake

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

splatoon 1 was able to do 2/3/4 player lobbies with randos filling in the gaps, it just feels like a step back.

I believe this is how it'll work in the full version from what ice heard

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Wtf? I can draw on my switch with my finger but not with a stylus...

You need a capacitive stylus I believe. The switch screen isn't like the Wii u screen

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I mean having more people doesn't make your playerbase inherently better. In fact you should be seeing around a 50 50 split in each splatfest, unless there was something that tended to divide the teams into younger/less skilled players versus older/more skilled players. Perhaps "fidget spinners" vs "getting those dang kids off my lawn"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They completely changed Marina's AND Pearl's personality. I am not happy with it honestly.
Pearl in jp is much more awesome, cute, more feminine and peppy in a positive way than the english bratty one we're getting.(probably why we're getting shittons of fanart from the jp side...) And Pearl is awesome for accepting Marina, who is an Octoling which are like sworn enemies of Inklings. Girl is open minded.
Marina is actually polite, shy, and an endearing ditz genius instead of rude. She often forgets stuff and is very scatterbrained and adorable. If anything I'd say she's kinda moe in personality in a sexy DJ appearance. What the hell happened?!
And they totally missed out on the senpai kouhai dynamic the two has in jp version, Pearl actually seems like she was, leading Marina and showing her the ropes.
TLDR; Yes, I am very salty about the personality changes.

Edit: To clarify, I can read japanese and played both jp and US splatfests.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm sorry your senpai kouhai dynamic doesn't hold up in English, but I"m not getting any of that bullshit and I've only played the English version? Perl just looks bratty, that's a natural first impression based on her design, which is irrespective of language unless you think they re-modeled and re-animated her?

Everything Perl says seems fine to me. That style just doesn't appeal as much in the West as it does in the East. Stuff like Chibi and Babymetal are bigger over there afaik. Over here most teenagers are trying to act super grown up, not the other way around.

And Marina does seem like an endering ditz in US? What?

"sexy DJ appearance" lmao what the gently caress

You stupid, stupid man.

drat this redeems that post thank you

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

GeneX posted:

seriously, please source that quote, I want to see the responses to the actual idiot saying it

It's Reddit, there were no responses and it actually had a +11 rating lol

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Them being callie and Marie part 2 wouldn't be the worst thing ever because this time they're actually on a system that people will purchase. And I say that as someone who loved his wii u

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

There are a lot of powerful segments in that post but the standout winner has to be "If anything I'd say she's kinda moe in personality in a sexy DJ appearance. "

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpENZPZiNpE

I really love the Brella's firing animation. I hope it doesn't change too much before release.

My prayers have been answered

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I usually hate leveling systems and gating content behind walls but for some reason it really works for me in splatoon. Heck I even liked ordering clothes off people and having to wait an irl day for it to arrive, even though I know that'd irritate me in another game. Maybe splatoon is just that fresh. I don't think that reviewer is inherently wrong, but I don't agree with his broader point.

Also that reviews reads like it was written by someone being actively shoved into a locker.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Link that good poo poo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'll be dead in the cold cold ground before I watch a YouTube review but thank you

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The next Judd is actually going to be the villain of Splatoon 3, whose plan is to bulldoze Inkopolis Plaza to build a freeway.

And we gotta beat him and his elite AustrianSquidstrian goons in the big after school splat off or else we're done for!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm starting the download when I wake up at like 4:30 in the morning, so I can play it 14 hours later after I get home from my day. Work will be excruciating

Lol if you're not staying up till midnight to start the download then stealing your companies WiFi to game from a bathroom stall are you really even living

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The super target near me was selling the digital codes out today so I'm now downloading splatoon 2

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It tastes like disgruntled target employee's balls weirdly enough

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

You've never tasted my balls, though.

Not for lack of trying.

I've played splatoon 2 and get this: it's very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder