Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Supercar Gautier posted:

1 point for popularity, 1 point for winning more regular battles, 1 point for winning more team battles. Percentages don't matter the way they did in the first game.

So all the ketchup mirror matches don't count? Because there's a lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Next Splatfest: Ink the spawn vs. don't ink the spawn.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

squidgee posted:

Mayo vs Ketchup: a communication error has occurred.

Same, but ketchup vs ketchup.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well, my last win put me up to champion and also maxed out my splatfest shirt. I think that's as good a time as any to call it a night and vote up all the mayo art. Godspeed

(Where did the guy who scrubs your shirts go)

He's out in the middle of the plaza watching the concert.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Actually I have to ask, was everyone getting those insanely long matching times or just Team Ketchup?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Geostomp posted:

As happy as I was to end up on the winning team, I really note just how lopsided the weights are towards battle now.

Because people spent all of Splatoon 1 whining endlessly that popularity was too big a factor in the popularity contest and their serious skill wasn't being rewarded enough, and they kept adjusting the weights upward. I guess this is the endgame.

Related if someone has a link to that cats and dogs "49 is less than 51" thing I'd be much obliged.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I heard the people of Inkopolis don't actually comprehend that she's an Octarian.

Anyway Pearl for Black and Marina for White honestly.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Are we supposed to get our splatfest tees back? I cant find mine.

Nope. Fest only. I think they told you that.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've become a Dualie main since 2 came out but I'm going to try the umbrella tonight.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I hope they were spamming Booyah.

e: no wait "This way!" is better.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Says "Power vs Endurance," boss.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
"What does 'black company' mean?"

Well...

https://twitter.com/gtcaphi/status/930899881492750336

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You're seeing some kind of weird gradient on the green part. You've got dark patches in the blue, too.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've been learning that the Brella shade actually blocks quite a wide variety of things.

https://twitter.com/gtcaphi/status/932021647640428544

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Please don't kinkshame my torso fetish.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I checked the JP announcement out of curiosity before I knew the US one was actually out, and the contrast hit me so hard I did a quick translation of theirs.

https://twitter.com/gtcaphi/status/949481801415716864

(Also of note, the JP one's intro which I left out also mentions that this is a worldwide Splatfest topic, and the US one just goes on as if it's normal.)

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I fully acknowledge that pickles have a lot of flavor, and that flavor is terrible.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I just lost a 2 vs 3 match. Sorry, Team Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't know that the thread is exhaustive (though it's still in progress) but it's already got all the major ones I noticed, other than the minor detail that the mistranslation about the Splatfest Power also applies to the Vibe Meter in Turf War. The rest is bug fixes.