Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thank you for your service, Rexroom. Except Chargers are good.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a goon spreadsheet with all our friend codes? I want to play with all of you.

SW-1651-3438-4706

Goonspreadsheet is in the Switch OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What does "iida" mean in Japanese?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So Duelies have the sideroll, Rollers have the vertical fling, and Chargers have the saved charge. Did shooters get anything? Sloshers? Splatlings?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

im excited af for the saved charge on the charger. Lot of opportunity for quickscoping

It's a shame scopes don't get it, but I guess it's fair.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There were a lot of really good and quick eLiters towards the end, but I found that they tended to be farsighted, and if you could get them inside your own range you could snap em off pretty easily.

Anyway, I'm excited with how much Splatoon 2 is experimenting with weapon types. Duelies are a neat. Shooters and Blasters are two actual separate weapon types now. Brellas are now an entire weapon type devoted to the Kraken's old niche of blockade busting. It's all so neat and interesting.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a kids game

It's a squids game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We should really do some scheduled GoonSalmon Runs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Coolspaz posted:

Hopefully they have some kind of guild option

I don't know if there's a guild option, but you can schedule friend matches.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really dig Flow's granola witch vibe.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do y'all want a separate spreadsheet for Goon Splatoon players? One that we can update with the weapons we're maining, ranks, playtimes, etc?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

I'm not sure people are actually gonna bother keeping that stuff updated, but idk.

That's true. Doing matchmaking in the thread and elsewhere would probably be easiest.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/884701423484653569

Tickets are rewards from Salmon Run and something called Hero Mode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hero mode is the single-player "rescue Callie" campaign

Is it weird that I'm most excited for this (and Salmon Run)?

I mean, I'm going to play a ton of Turf War like usual, but I'm really really interested in unraveling the mystery of Splatoon 2's HERO MODE.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No.

Also there's a million videos of the first part of the single player mode out, and I'm trying to avoid them all. I need it to be ten days from now already.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

A side-by-side comparison video of the gyro controls in both Splatoons. Is there a delay in Splatoon 2 as some claim? Can't quite see it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARJ2e_Y6lY

Here's a test someone from Squidboards did.

https://squidboards.com/threads/accuracy-comparison-of-motion-controls-between-joy-con-and-pro-controllers.28620/#post-226417

quote:

Summary of some key things are:
Sensitivity of +5 in Splatoon 2 is equal to -0.5 in Splatoon 1
Gyro drift correction is more aggressive for Joy Cons and Wii U than for the Pro controller. (This means Joy Cons and Wii U are worse at picking up very slow movements than Switch Pro.)
Splatoon 2 controls do not drift as much/long as Splatoon 1
This is hard to explain so bear with me. Video will help eventually.
When you rotate the controller very slowly, the game doesn't pick up this rotation and instead calibrates itself to think that this rotation is actually the controller's rest state. When you stop rotating the controller very slowly, the game compensates to think that you suddenly are rotating, causing a rotation in the opposite direction in the game. The duration and amount of this opposite rotation after you stop rotating the controller is shorter and smaller than in Splatoon 1.
Sorry, I've had a busy few days after the test fire and was slow in getting my results posted. I will revisit with more details between Pro and Joy Con when Splatoon 2 is released. Hopefully I will be back before then with a better summary video of these initial results as well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

ive got my pro controller, esports monitor and ethernet dongle, watch me squid party 10ms faster than u

Smiles what the hell is an esports monitor?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Me.

Thanks to me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

A'ight, so my little brothers managed to get a Merit and an Excellence on their mid-terms. Guess what I'm buying them.

Beer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How do you use the Splat Charger

Honestly, lots of practice til you get a feel for it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gotta head out to work, stuck at Defender.

Goddamn I missed Splatfest.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crawfish posted:

22 points off King now.

If I can get 3 straight wins its a sure thing.

You can do it!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

made it to cake queen

v

sometimes i do really good

v

sometimes i cant carry hard enough

but had fun times. see you all in a week

Good rear end charger. I'm jealous.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jarogue posted:

So how was everyone Splatfest? Couldn't make it because of work. Shame too since this is the first Splatfest I missed but at least my Ice Cream Team was able to win without me.

It was fun! I can't wait for next week. I gotta put the hours in and get back on my game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

Guys I want to really play Splatoon 2 again and I can't

:yeah: :same:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nagrolaz/status/886782407046647810

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We should start seeing reviews in a couple hours, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

"loving Awesome."- Correct Review Magazine

Seems legit.

I can always count on Correct Review.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

God I just want Splatoon 2 to get released already.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I think the biggest problem with playable octolings is that we might end up seeing mostly them and it won't feel like Splatoon any more. Might just be a fad, though.

I think you underestimate just how much people love inklings. It might be like Link in MK8 for a few days, but I bet most would choose Inklings in the end.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Forget amiibos. Nintendo needs to release a multi series blindbox of Splatoon minis.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Splatoon 2 is my most anticipated game of 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Manticore posted:

What's everyone's favorite sub weapon at the moment? I really like putting Sprinklers in stupid places.

Splat Bombs have proved to be so useful. I savor them.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is the Strength Up ability returning?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm torn on this. I mean, it's good for the game that chargers don't have a near instant kill anymore, but I'm also selfish and want it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpENZPZiNpE

I really love the Brella's firing animation. I hope it doesn't change too much before release.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

OMG I love Kirby Squid.

Anyway, the most lol review I've seen is someone trying hard to make the case that Splatoon 2 is a port.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelder posted:

Link that good poo poo

https://youtu.be/W8XEYwq3YN8

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

They're saying that not much has changed and that it's just more Splatoon, which seems to be a fairly valid point to make? :shrug:

No, calling a game that changes as much as Splatoon 2 does a port is stupid.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I can't wait for Splatoon 3 when we get to meet Big Judd

Inscrutable Judd.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

enojy posted:

Eh, if you're trying to be a faceless YouTube personality, you gotta come up with something else to get the clicks besides "stupid agape face pretending to be in shock at something."

Yeah, you got me there. I really don't want to get into a "what is/isn't a port" argument anyway. I wanna get into an argument about how Marina is still Best Girl despite Pearl being Best Fanart Girl.

http://www.kyoto-aquarium.com/suizokukaan.html

I am insane with jealousy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The next Judd is actually going to be the villain of Splatoon 3, whose plan is to bulldoze Inkopolis Plaza to build a freeway.