Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I love the Brella so far. I don't know if it's because it's new and people aren't used to it yet, but I was consistently getting 1000+ points per game. I don't feel like there's any sacrifice of coverage, coming from a roller. But I still kind of sucked at splatting/defending with it, so there's a lot of room for practice.

Also with my username, it kind of feels like destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Maybe it's because I'm used to the Carbon Roller, but using the Dynamo Roller in Salmon Run is the worst feeling ever.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was 100% sure it was purple until Jonas and I started talking about it, and now it looks like a purpley blue except in some light where it looks completely blue and I just don't know what's real anymore :negative:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

ZeButler posted:

The ink is most definitely a sky blue, that's not up for discussion.

If it's any blue, it's royal blue!

What planet am I on?!

E: At least on the screen, the ink itself is maybe a periwinkle blue, I don't know!

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 2, 2017

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
What if the personal item isn't actually a weapon, and one person each round has to fight salmonids with Mr. Grizz's current favorite paperback.

(Although I actually am super curious what kind of weapon they'd reveal this way.)

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I miss Flounder Heights.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I believe the correct answer to this debate is and has always been "Just use the goddamn toilet paper and quit being a baby about it, no one cares." :colbert:

That said, my vote goes to Pearl because I always seem to wind up on the opposite team of Jonas. And that team usually wins.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Vampires vs. Werewolves? What is this, a bad supernatural romance novel?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
What's the new brella like? I can't watch the video.

Also, YES MORE GEAR!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

In Training posted:

You can fire it while the shield is up

I like the sound of that.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I still have to go with Bottom Feeders, but I do love Ink Theory's style.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Owers posted:

The new music is fine, it's just a bit jarring when the music changes in the last 30 seconds. Ideally each band should have their own rendition of "Now or Never".

I was just thinking that too. It'd even work better if each song just lasted 2 minutes or had a distinct stopping point at that mark for Now or Never to take over. I just hate when it suddenly fades out mid-riff.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's more because the BGM has to be capable of (theoretically) looping indefinitely to cover the full 5 minutes of a Ranked match plus indeterminate overtime.

That said, I also agree the new bands need their own versions of Now or Never.

Well then each loop should last 2 minutes, not 1:47 or something. :colbert:

That's also the only thing that tempers my looking forward to the soundtrack-- if it's all designed to loop forever, do they just kind of fade out all the tracks mid-song? I forget how the first soundtrack did it.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
The luckiest I've ever gotten in Salmon Run.

https://twitter.com/parasolprophet/status/936795467488280576

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
OCTOLINGS YESSS and they're so cute!

Pearl and Marina's new outfits in that trailer look awesome. Also happy to see more creature types and levels and I really liked the song playing and everything about this is amazing.

I guess I'm playing Splatoon forever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Wait, there's an actual scientific answer to that question now? And people chose it so they could look smart and logical during a Splatfest of all things?

You nerds.