Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

In Training posted:

I don't mean to demoralize you further or anything but, you're on that team too...maybe a shift of perspective is all you need. It's easy to blame others and harder to realize when to lay the blame on yourself, try to focus on ways in the future you can do better personally

I've been playing since splatoon 1. I understand that. But when you consistently have 2 players getting 9-15 kills and 2 players with 0-2 kills it really hurts.

Its a team game. You personally cannot do everything. Matchmaking could be much better than it is, it can still be a fun game and have flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

In Training posted:

Yeah I've been through that grind. I guess my only consolation is that in X rank everyone is really good and you don't see lovely teams anymore

Uh.... what? Did you even read my post? I've been through that grind too. I know.

Zaphod42 posted:

Man I wanna love this game so much and play it more but I get so drat frustrated, I can't carry the game by myself and my teammates don't ever seem to understand the controls

I'd have to make premade groups to have fun with it and I'm too lazy to do that. At least in some ranked modes I'm A+ or S and I get matched on teams with competent players, but I'm still like D in clam and gently caress trying to grind that up, and splatfest is a total crapshoot

:confused:

I am A+ or S in all ranked modes except clam. I am lamenting that in clam and in splatfest the game is basically unplayable for me. So I have to just stop playing until tower control, rainmaker, or control zones comes up. That's unfortunate.

I can't even choose to not participate in splatfest or clam and play other modes, because of how splatoon picks for you and only has 1 thing available.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Course I complain and then I go on a winning stream :haw:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

In Training posted:

My ultimate form has been accomplished

At first I was like nice style.

Then I saw your abilities and ... I am afraid.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Serenade posted:

Recycle the BOTW Engine to make Splatoon Odyssey.

According to scrolls, ink disappears "immediately" after a turf war so you'd always have stuff to ink. Rain changes from a huge drag to a mortal threat. Shines are just rehashed Octo Expansion type levels. Make ink colors do different things. Remove weapon degradation.

Splatoon Sunshine

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is real cool, look at the floor here. You can see how extremely low-poly it is, but from the proper angle you can't tell at all, the floor and the ink look super detailed and completely 3D, but its just really effective shaders.

Nintendo's graphics department is so underrated right now. I still think Mario Kart 8 is the best looking game on the market right now. They do so so much with the switch hardware and they don't get enough credit for it. Technically and artistically very, very nice.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1030635406793080832

This and the ones held this weekend are the final free Splatfests, so if you don't intend to purchase a Nintendo Online subscription, make due.

"Nintendo Switch Online"

I knew this was coming but gently caress.

Also seriously goddamn you Microsoft for convincing both Sony and Nintendo that they can charge money just to let us go online with our own hardware and our own ISP subscriptions.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It sucks but it’s just $20 a year. Even less if you do a group family buy.

I really hope Nintendo adds more to make it enticing other than a few NES games.

Yeah, and I can afford it. But whaddya wanna bet the price will climb over time, as they add more content?

I really don't like subscription services where I lose access if I stop paying. At a certain point you've paid like $400 for WoW but if you dare stop paying you can't play at all? That kinda poo poo sucks.

Really wish instead Nintendo would do a Steam style service where I could pay reasonable amounts per-game for a virtual console system and then own them for life.

On the bright side subscription service is I guess preferable to having to re-buy games on virtual console every generation, which was really lame. But yeah, they gotta add more games to it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Order is not the status quo. The status quo is capitalist hellscape where the rich, the police, etc can ruin your life at any moment without any repercussions and basically no means of addressing it yourself; the average person effectively exists at the whims of those more powerful than they are. In other words, the status quo is Chaos, and completely removing any checks on the powerful, a la what most people imagine as Chaos, would only further entrench their hold on society and strengthen the current hierarchies. It guarantees the opposite of freedom, at least for anyone not already on top.

To borrow a quote from the "father of anarchism", Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, "As man seeks justice in equality, so society seeks order in anarchy." You made the wrong choice.

Edit: Also, for Splatoon specifically meanwhile, their world is post-apocalyptic, apparently run by celebrities, and features stuff like mad octopuses brainwashing people and trying to destroy the city and whatnot. It's also already a very chaotic place.

Nah that's a form of order. But acting like what we have in reality is any hard binary of just order or chaos is kinda silly. The status quo is both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Of course it is. Everything is some amount of order and chaos. Max's world has less order than our world, but still has order. The war boys following a master is a form of order, although a weaker one than employees working for a boss who are employees of a state.

Over time the Earth is building greater order, but we consume more energy than we generate to do so.

That's thermodynamics. And all things tend towards maximum entropy, thermodynamic equilibrium.