Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/884482357465677825

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anybody want to get together and have one last round of Splatoon 1 on Wednesday or something before we move on to Splatoon 2

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got the Art of Splatoon book and I couldn't stop laughing at Callie and Marie other designs.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I see Nintendo brought back the "Who Are You?" campaign

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ore junk to collect

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/885884655974666240

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kirios posted:

Edit: A pie is a cake.

Don't be rude to pie

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/885986829782065152

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So how was everyone Splatfest? Couldn't make it because of work. Shame too since this is the first Splatfest I missed but at least my Ice Cream Team was able to win without me.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nagrolaz/status/886785261434060801

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/886919722184441857

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

One of the scrolls in Splat1 shows DJ Octavio in humanoid form, though. :eng101: It's kind of unclear what's going on with the non-Octoling Octarians, though IIRC the art book in Japan (of course) insinuates that they're deliberately-severed tentacles done so to create troops, since octopus arms grow back and are somewhat intelligent on their own because celaphopod nervous systems are actually Lovecraftian irl?

Says it in the english one too, maybe Octolings are like the Gerudo

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Squid Beats 2

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why did you need all those Power Egg?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/suppipi/status/886028572418203648

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Squids, I bought the headset.

We can both test it then mines should be in the mail Friday.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So here is what Splatnet app can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I91pfaRLkZQ

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I'm ready to claim my turf, as soon as Best Buy open and get my game and amiibo.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 21, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So a bunch of people drawing Patrick and Pikachu, got it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nope didn't get my head set ship yet. Amazon might be delaying it for some reason. Also finally picked up my game and now and to play story mode.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's a pain in the rear end getting it where you want it

Throw Splat bomb, they straight for that over the ink.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Look like the rest of my night is completing ever stage with every weapon in story mode.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Please for the love of God if you have glowflies in a rush stand next to the egg net and a teammate so that it easier to keep you safe and collect eggs. Had one round where the glowfly guy decide to push deep in to the map for no reason and the teammates chased and die because of it.

Other then that Salmon Run is great. Had a match where a teammate had drop and the game accounted for it in the next round.

Marie has the best lines

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Making the other people respawn slower after you splat them keeps them out of the game longer which means that's that many less seconds they're putting ink down which gives an output advantage. The cost is if you are losing you're going to be out a lot more yourself.

Edit: In this game staying alive is better than trading/eating a death because you need all the time you can get to lay down more ink or push an objective in rank.

You also lose more Special on respawn.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm missing something.
How do you actually get the prizes in Salmon Run? I unlocked the shirt and it's not in my inventory or anything.

Talk to the Booth outside salmon run

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You may have won the match, Kaubocks but at least we know who will win a fight between a Sneaky Inkjet vs Hidden Splashdown .

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I had a game record me as having 6 kills with my main gun when I only remember 1 :psyduck:

Edit: unless I got a lot more grenade kills than I noticed

I believe it also counts assist

Internet Kraken posted:

Some tips for Salmon Run since I've played too much of it;

-If you don't wait for everyone with an egg to get on the lift in Marooner's Bay before inking it, you're scum. .
-You can shoot down the drizzlers' rockets to negate them. If you hit them from the right angle, the rocket will even fly back into the drizzler and kill it. Keep this in mind cause preventing the ink cloud is really helpful.
-gently caress grillers

I love when a wall just shot up in my face on my way back.

Also you can shot drizzlers when they parachute and grillers are easy to kill with Sting Ray or wait for them to do the gyro attack

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

The bucket is real and strong and is my friend.

How do I get the clothes shops to change stock?

Its every 24 hr starting at midnight also Annie on Splatnet changes on a through out the day.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I wish there was a button that says Look Out so that why when i get on a elevator I don't immediately get snapped by a maw.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Now to live my life as a cartoon character

Is Mr. Grizz a spirit of a bear in a wooden bear or a guy talking through a wooden bear with a speaker.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Confirmed that Salmonid and Octarians are friends.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

it's almost always the roller

I think you meant the Blaster

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Which gives rise to the fact that the Salmonid aren't dumb animals for harvest but are an actual race that understands technology and the squids are literally harvesting their young for food and resources

To be fair In two Sunken Scrolls and in the Rush Manuel they have been known to destroy cities in before medieval and seem to be this worlds Viking.

Nephzinho posted:

Over-Achiever or ProFreshional*

how do you use discord

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

Or just join and keep following, not necessary as you're fine.

It has locks on the rooms

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

e; Jarogue: if you have the stingray and a fly fish spawns in that spot on high tide, have to burn it to take them down right away. Are you having trouble with auth gettin ginto discord or just don't have it?

Bot keeps telling me that the string isn't there

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ZeButler posted:

The quotes around your name are the issue.

Thanks

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

who is the mother fucker who created level 19 in the single player campaign

i demand to know your name and why they haven't fired you yet

So how do you like that Sunken Scroll :smuggo:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hit Profreshinal or whatever and saw the Mothership for the first time. No one knew what to do expect attack the minions it was spawning. Is there a actual way to fight the mothership itself?

You can only shoot the mother ship when it tries to steel the eggs back. Mostly your just shooting the drones.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I only got one game of Salmon Run in tonight, but it was a loss that demoted me to Overachiever. I've never felt so sad about losing before.

Let me tell you about going from S to A+ in ranked.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anybody want to do Samon Run I'm at Profreshional.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I get it now why people said the Splattershot Jr. was too legit to quit in the first game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SO if you have the Rainmaker and you are surrounded and about to be splatted, shoot your feet.