Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Why the tooth brushes though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Muscle memory is not giving me as much trouble as I thought it would.

Other people disconnecting, idling or spending the entire match shooting their ink in our already inked territory is instead giving me all the trouble.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Losing about 60% of my matches at the moment because someone on our team will disconnect pretty much every match now.

This isn't the most enjoyable way to play this game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Feels like I might miss out on Ice Cream King purely due to how long it takes to find an opposing team being on Ice Cream Team.

Only need 56 points, but if every match is going to continue to take 4+ minutes to match us with another team, it's not going to happen.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

39 left to hit King. If matchmaking doesn't screw me over and I can win at least 6 in the next 55 minutes, I can make it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

22 points off King now.

If I can get 3 straight wins its a sure thing.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Squid goals achieved today.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Kirios posted:

Why did no one tell me Splatoon was an amazing game.

gently caress at other shooters.
I think I may have had a round against you at some point. Or someone with a name that was very similar.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ink lines are a great stage gimmick and make me like towers even more.

You get so much drat air coming off of one of them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If people with constant disconnection problems can just piss off until I gain two more levels, that'd be cool.

It's getting really hard to get to 10 when every second match has someone on our side ditch us immediately.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wendell posted:

People who dress their character in the try-hard "cool" full body armour make me a little sad.
Anyone wearing those pieces of gear, or anything without all 4 ability slots are likely only wearing them to unlock their abilities before they wardrobe them forever.

Most of that anyone, anyways.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

All of them.

Maybe don't do it for the Hero Umbrella yet.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Beakons almost feel buffed in the sense that hardly anyone seems to check their map. At least in the lower ranks.

We had 6 beakons out reasonably close to the zone and the opposing team never made any attempt to take any of them out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

DaveKap posted:

This goes both ways... my teams never use my beakons. :(
It's not so bad. I've been leaving most of mine for me anyways.

Edit: Or not. Just lost a round of zones because the team continued rushing the front and ignored my convenient beakons parked out back.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 27, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man if Nintendo are looking at actually charging for online they better work on actually loving fixing their online.

Roller is now impossible to play because I am stuck with a good second of lag in every match as of yesterday, so everyone now knows where I am a second in advance and I can't hit anyone to save my life because they aren't where they are on my screen any longer.

It's not even letting me kill the person holding the rainmaker by rolling over them anymore.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zelder posted:

I uh, think you're internet might be bad

Weird. It was fine before last night and nothing has changed on my end that I know about.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Frankston posted:

That was a fun and enjoyable session of rainmaker! :shepicide:
This was me yesterday.

What you need to do, is stop trying to win, and start trying to be an arsehole to the other team.

You'll be less stressed and start playing a little better in doing so.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Please check your maps in rainmaker people.

Getting annoyed with painting one of the backpaths every match, and while the opposing team ignores it for the most part and that's nice, my own team ignores it too, costing us a bunch of wins.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

nerd_of_prey posted:

Also, in rainmaker an aerospray user on my team spent whole match stood on the goal near our spawn.... Do you not realise that if the other team get this far they will just splat you and your weapon which sucks at combat. Also, what a boring way to play. We won despite him though.
What map was it? I had an Aerospray pull this poo poo yesterday in shipyard.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

These freaking teams today....

You'd think. You'd think that if you were riding the tower and looking directly at one of your team mates engaging two members of the opposing team that'd you'd at least try and help out by firing at them. Like logically, as soon as they've taken out that other team mate, they are straight up coming to take you out.

Nope, the dick just sat on that tower, watched me die and then instantly lost the tower.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In the same vein, there are no decent green tops with Ninja Squid. Or like any decent green tops at all.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Part Time Pirate shirt was my jam in Splats 1. I hope they add it back in Splats 2 before long.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Heights and Museum return next plz.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's definitely different. Like, smaller around the edges? Smaller as a whole?

All the stuff around spawn is gone and the hallways all feel shorter.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That sucks. All of the other stuff is cool as hell.

Cowboy Suit feels like it would be a far cooler set of gear.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

From memory, OG Splats got two different clothing updates.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nah, Splashdown isn't that great either. Anyone remotely decent knows how long they have while you are rising up to kill you, and has no qualms about doing it, so I get splatted just before the invincibility frames kick in far more than I actually get Splahdown's off.

The visual boundary of effect on it is wonky as all hell though. I get splatted while being clearly outside an opposing danger zone all the time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Make the shopping cart a weapon. Like a midway between the roller and the inkbrush. Not sure how you would fire with it though? Maybe there are fruits in the cart? And you throw it?

So like, where ever you push the trolley makes an ink trail, and then the main weapon part of it is like burst bombs or something.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Both are acceptable answers.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m always a sucker for maps in shooters that are based on being in a supermarket or store so I’m really looking forward to this new one.

Are we getting hairstyles, new clothes and the new ranked mode as well on Friday? I better hurry up and beat Doom by then.
Nope, we get the new Salmoning map on Friday, one of the new maps Saturday, and maybe the hair styles and clothes around the same time?

New ranked is definitely a mid december thing.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

All I want now is Urchin Underpass then I think I’m fine with no more Splatoon 1 maps.
Nah, they should take that idea, and warehouse back, and give us Heights and Museum.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know man, we lost like 80% of the matches it took me to get halfway through champion.

Also I feel like sub 500 on a roller isn't too uncommon. I spent alot of matches focusing mostly on turfing and struggled to get over that for a good deal of them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

.TakaM posted:

Made it to king, only vsed team Money ten times at the most, barely got to play on Shifty Station at all too
In comparison, getting Shifty Station almost every match.

Sort of love the map and it's gimmick. It's a lot of fun with a halfway decent team.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ugh, the people that spend the whole round camping the cannon on our side are baddddddd.

Use it a bit and then push forward, the central cannon is far more important, and taking out their cannon is more useful than spending the whole round in ours.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My W/L ratio to get to Money King was 19/15 in the end.

Did pretty drat well last night, got to 60/99 champion pretty quick, and then got just the worst teams this morning, so the last 39 points were mostly losses worth 2 points.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I wonder what happens when you try to superjump into or out of the dome
They will probably just disable the superjump to the relevant parties at that time, but the proper way to do it would be to slam into the dome and slowly, painfully slide down it if attempted.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

After Skatepark and Dome had almost no changes, i'm surprised how different Camp and Pit are.

Also I see my favourite shirt is getting an inversion, so that's nice.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

This is probably my second favourite shifty after CANNONS.

If you have a team who knows how the thunderdomes work, it feels really nice and fulfilling to lock all of the domes and coast to the win.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't understand why the solo queue randos are so hesitant to attempt to take the domes.

They are so clearly and obviously a huge advantage to lock down, and no one else seems to be even considering them. Every time we get shifty now, i'm bum rushing our dome to get it painted, then hauling it over to the opponents to try and keep it locked down. But regardless of if i'm successful in taking theirs or not, no one keeps an eye on ours so we lose it every time.

And then the central dome starts to come down and it's like every one is trying to avoid it like the plague. It's really frustrating, because this is a really fun map being ruined by idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Also get on the discord channel playing with goons is fun.
Seconding this, but to the whole thread. Playing with goons or friends is vastly different, vastly better, than just playing with public randos.