Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
As someone relatively new to Splatoon 2, does anyone wanna group up and play some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do people group up in this at all?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, but I don't think a lot of people are on right now. I'd join you but I'm at work.

What do they use to group up? Is there a discord or something?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Discord. It's in the OP.

I swear I just looked through it and didn't see anything.

Rainuwastaken posted:

-
Go ahead and add me man. 7787-8962-4189. I'm new too.

Next time I hit my Switch

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I went through the first page again, no discord mentioned or linked as far as I can see.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tales of Woe posted:

snipers being dead weight below a certain skill level is a pretty classic problem in team shooters, not even the great Nintendo can solve it

Remove snipers. :colbert:

There's always a problem balancing weapons that can instant kill at uncounterable distances and up close.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

I think Blizzard got it right with Hanzo, he's a sniper with a relatively low skill level so the snipebros can play a sniper but actually contribute to the team at the same time.

The real solution would be to not make any chargers available until, say, level 15, but it's too late for that now.

Well, Snipers have been an issue in drat near every game I've played, because they're extremely high burst damage at all distances ranging from close up to their max distance. One of the more successful attempts at balancing them I've seen is reducing their burst and increasing their ability to deal damage in a more continuous way, usually with higher rates of fire and lower damage per shot. But fundamentally, Snipers as a concept are problematic for most games, especially those with low team sizes and small maps.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

grand theft grotto posted:

Once I hit B- and clear the challenge I'm going to abandon my smurf account and not make another one. I think the game figured out that I've played before pretty quickly because I'm getting matched up against people in the mid 20s and 30s mostly. They might still be kids but I'm not beating up on people who have literally never played before.

As a new player at level 5-9 today, I assure you, seeing mostly 20-40 is normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

God drat do I hate YouTube gaming hosts