Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Did splatoon 1 die early or did it stay alive for a long time? I never bought it, but Spla2n looks like a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm gonna get the spla2n. Gotta get an SD card tho because I can't stop buying switch games.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I've been playing the absolute heck out of Spla2n and have really been enjoying it. I'm not entirely sure how to play games that aren't turf war but turf war is the best, so. I also bought it digitally because buying video games in stores never stopped feeling awkward and a hassle and now I regret not getting $20 off through Amazon.

Also, the splattershot is not a direct upgrade of the splattershot jr because the splattershot jr has a bigger cone of fire I think. And the aeromark takes more hits to kill than the splattershot but shoots more blobs so it's better at painting terrain than killing dudes. That being said, Aeromark gets that curler launcher special *leans into mic* which is the best ultimate skill in this game or any game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mahoning posted:

I'm having trouble super jumping. I utilized it a lot during Splatfest, but now in the full actual game, its just not doing anything at all anymore. Any tips? Is it something that I need to unlock or something? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Gotta be alive, gotta select an ally (D-pad.. thing) and the cursor needs to be relatively close to that ally. It's honestly pretty finicky, though I don't know why.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Turf War fucks me up because I hate seeing those little miniscule un-inked (or wrong colored) spots. I can't handle bald spots on an otherwise beautiful splatscape, and end up spending a dumb amount of time just splatting little touch-ups.

Unless I play aeromark in which case, gently caress it everything's getting inked.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Do the various stats on gear matter at all? I mean, I have a very specific look I'm going for but don't know if I should be stacking ink resistance or something.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mystery Machine posted:

Wasn't really enjoying the game because of tilt controls, and then I did some single player and a bunch of Salmon Run and suddenly I have the skills to pay the bills. Went from losing twice as much as I won in Turf Wars to winning a whole lot and carrying my team by wide margins. It's really impressive how Salmon Run teaches you the core principles of doing well in this game a lot better than anything else. Switching to the Tentatek Splatters also really helped. Such nice guns.

now i am just frustrated my fashion is bad i don't need good gear i just wanna look s t y l i s h.

I weirdly can only do good without tilt controls and with the sensitivity WAY down. I think the joy-con analogs just aren't very good or I'm... bad at ... video games .. now?

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Help I want 2 Splat ! Did they at least acknowledge the issue?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fedule posted:

Dual Squelchers just dropped and they're more beautiful than I dared dream

Does the combined mode shoot farther? if so they are the perfect weapon

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

my new dog posted:

i consider myself good at shootmans like destiny and battlefield, will i be a good shootmans in this without the pro controller

I am very good at both of those games too and am middling at best at Splatoon 2. I blame the controllers and not my lack of splat skill.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man, king of the hill is the best when you bring Tenta missiles.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dr. Fetus posted:

I've had the misfortune of playing against an extremely skilled Charger player. Holy gently caress, that was one of the most miserable matches I've ever experienced and I never want to play against a Charger that skilled ever again. Any area they were overlooking was on complete lockdown and you couldn't even peek out without getting splatted instantly. The worst part was getting a moment of false hope when we managed to take out everyone except them and decided to push. We all ended up getting teamwiped by them. :gonk:

I don't know what the map is with the tower in the middle, but it was king of the hill and some dude got up there with a heavy splatling and ended up with like 18 kills. It was such a one-sided match I felt dirty afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'd much prefer having folks bring brushes than these assholes bringing the sniper things. They made it bad specifically because you suck if you use it not because it has a high skill ceiling GOD