Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Server maintenance just kicked me out of a. Hopefully that means it'll be open soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Fffffffuck this stupid mission where you have to protect a ball from an army of Octolings. I can get down to 10 seconds but then it suddenly spawns 8 of them right on the ball and it goes from 100 to 0 instantly.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well Octarians seem to be really good at making super tech, but always get their tentacles handed to them when they actually try to throw down with the Inklings, so they've gotta be doing something right.

...poo poo, it's the Splatfests isn't it? Inklings are raised on war games like gooey Technicolor Spartans or someshit.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

NPC Octolings are a bit jarring because they don't act like players, though I find between your increased durability in single player and their poor reactions, rushing them usually works.

Apparently, Marina is 18 and Pearl is 21. Whoa, dwarf squid. At least this means they can get married.

She's tiny because her height was stunted by jellyfish shocks.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I know it's liked well enough, but I don't think the aesthetics of the game get enough love. Seriously, this game world is loving beautiful. All of the colors pop vibrantly and the setting is actually interesting enough to tickle the brain. Despite only seeing a small little street corner, some battle zones, and weird floating platforms in space it really does feel like a full world with its own history just because it looks so drat good and lived in.

Sorry about that, I just like to nerd out about world and level design sometime.