Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Callie and Marie amiibos give you a note saying they are too busy to be scanned, probably until you beat story mode and I'm too busy playing online to beat that for you sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I get almost as many points with the charger as I do with the roller. Use your squids mobility to line up shots where you can take out as many small fry as possible with one shot. You can get really good at chaining these at some spawn points.

When I have the charger I focus on Steelheads and the bosses that need grenades, but other than that, I pick targets based on the situation like normal, you just need to focus on re-positioning a lot more.

I think it is worse when you're the only one left, in my experience it's also a pretty good weapon at protecting you from being the only one left. Unless of course your allies are fighting a boss right next to each other and they all get splatted in one move. That seems to be the main game ender for me on any weapon at 160 pay grade, though.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

It ain't about points though. I can get poo poo tons of points with the charger if my team is on the ball. Did you even read our posts?

The problem is when your team is a bunch of lone wolves and you have to rez them and fight off the hordes and you're surrounded with enemy ink; the charger just won't cut the mustard with its long firing delay.

All the other weapons, even the roller, you can totally carry the team with. But not the charger. And making it to round 4 only to suddenly get stuck with the charger and have to helplessly watch while your teammates all die is infuriating.

You get points from killing enemies and reviving team mates, afaik it's the only way to really measure those stats.

I haven't gotten far enough in Salmon run to start getting 4 waves, so maybe it's completely different later. But I did play a lot of it, almost got to my second shirt, and once you get really good at killing small enemies with it, it makes a huge impact on the game and your teammates survivability.

If you're getting harder, 4 wave games than I am and you're managing to survive with other weapons when your teammates are all split up and dying, then yeah you're probably good enough to not need to take any advice from me or anything.

I've just noticed a lot of my allies use the charger to kill 1 or 2 small enemies per shot, or focus fire on a boss they have no need to, while there's a bunch of enemies lined up in a row just waiting for them to splat in a single shot, and that sort of gameplay makes the charger way worse than it is.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Other than the new things they added like Salmon Run, the new specials, new campaign, new NPCs, Splatoon 2 is a copy of Splatoon 1 after one year of free new weapons, stages and modes, albiet with the one exception that this game is going to have a year+ of free new weapons, stages and maybe modes.

Really though I can understand the argument for calling this Splatoon EX. Not sure if I agree, but arguing against it would feel like splitting hairs.