Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I wonder if object shredder works on brellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yeah Wilbo did fine, stop being salty

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Kills matter in as much as taking players away from the objective matters.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Too bad brellas get shredded by sloshers and blasters. God help them when the ranged blaster gets released.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Night Blade posted:

Its really fun mastering the spacing with blaster and just dunking on the tri slosher / brush brigade. So many times they go ham right into a trap and they just flail around uselessly until they breath theyre last.

Wait until you get the ranged blaster or the rapid blaster pro/deco.

They are sexy weapons

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I really like the way the stripped beanie looks but it's coloring is just ugly.

If they ever release a better one I will pick it up fast.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
It would be cool if they try and make some more modes for ranked.

I like the modes they have now but I feel like they could easily make more.

One idea I thought of is a mode based on those carnival games were you shoot the water gun at the target to fill up the meter faster than the other players.

The way it would work is that both teams would have a tower with a target on it protected by a bubble like the rain maker. The objective would be for your team to pop that bubble and then try and fill up the enemy meter by shooting the target. The first team to fill the meter or hade more meter filled by the end of the timer would win.

The way I envision it out would play kind of like dota 2 lite. But with no creep or exterior towers.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 13, 2017

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I've been away for a week. How is the brella meta now that the hype died down a little?

I know it's really good for protecting your team mates when they jump in.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Frankston posted:

I've hit that wall where I'm bored with the weapons I'm good at and I can't really find any others I like. I got 100 hours out of it though so can't complain really.

Yeah I agree with you. They do have a lot of weapons planned so I decided that I'm going to just play splat fests and the occasional salmon run until they have more weapons unlocked.

I mostly play this in between other games to mix it up.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
My friend just brought his Callie and Marie amiibo over and when I scanned them they only gave me the head pieces.

I beat the single player and I'm level 18 so do I need to do anything specific to get the rest?

Maybe I need to wait a day.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
OK, thank you! Any idea how many matches it were I can find that number?

I came here to ask because the internet wash weirdly useless when it came to this.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
OK thanks

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I picked invisibility because it's cool.

Shame on all that pick based on idol or popularity.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Welp... It's official!

The unwashed masses will join the squid with the biggest tits team every time!

We deserved to die out in splat-verse.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Also I'm getting sick and tired of "communication errors"

When I have to pay for nintendo online I hope it's not this bad.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I made king, once I got to champion I went on a crazy win streak.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Ended up with a high of 1902 and a low of 1763

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

The Bloop posted:

^^I'm playing!!^^

Representing Team Invisibility

:yeah:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Does anyone here have a stripped beanie with Ink saver main?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Does anyone here have a stripped beanie with Ink saver main? I need it to complete my gas station attendent look.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Also goon tournament sounds really fun.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

bad boyfriend worse lay posted:

That's a big brella :stare:

I want to play reinhardt in splatoon 2!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
The biggest problem I've noticed this game seems to have is that there's a lot of people who just either walk around aimlessly or just flat-out AFK.

It's a huge problem in Turf War a minor annoyance in ranked (because they lose rank) and it's even prevalent in Salmon Run.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I want to play this more but, I haven't been able to find a couple of good pieces of gear that I've been looking for and just stockpiling money with no progression other than rank grind is frankly killing my desire to play.

I like that the app let's me buy potentialy good main abilities for cool gear that otherwise have crap for mains but it's too random and on top of that why can't I own more than one piece of the same gear if it has a different main ability? Fashion is this games endgame and I feel like they limit my ability to look the way I want and have the abilitys I want.

I don't mind grinding to get fresh gear. I mind waiting 2 and a half weeks to get a stripped beanie with a good main only to see one with a bad main.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

In Training posted:

Don't worry about any of that stuff IMO. The game is like 95% your ability anyway.

Yeah but building a set of gear is fun and gives me a sense of progression while I'm splatting squids. I just want to look good while doing it.

It kind of feels empty when I don't have something to work towards.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

pokeyman posted:

That's fair and reasonable, just seems like it's swimming against the game design. I'm not surprised you're finding it an unfun slog!

I wouldn't say "unfun". I still really like this game and everything about the gear system is good except the RNG shops and not being able to have doubles of gear if it has a different main.

I would fix the RNG shops by putting the gear on a fixed rotation of one piece after another and making the main stat roll RNG. That way you know when a piece of gear is going to be available but won't know what main it will have.

Also, I still play this game for about an hour every few days.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yes! I finally got a stripped beanie with a main ability that isn't garbage! It's movement speed up!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
What's a good defensive weapon to use? I have been using the rapid blaster and want something new.

The tentabrella seems cool but I want to get into a good splatling.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I think I'm going to try the mini splatling deco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I've had one AFK player in my 3 hours of play today.
Just report and move on.