Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I stopped playing for several months but recently hurt my knee and now I'm stuck indoors and started playing again...it really is a fun game.

Anyway, sometimes I get a prompt to Booyah in the middle of a match, what triggers this? I don't remember seeing this before.

I kind of plataued (can't get further than S+0) so I've switched to motion controls and it's driving me nuts. It's worth it, right?? Mostly playing single player and turf wars right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

A fun face-off!

https://twitter.com/ButtTheMusical/status/1200514040105062400?s=09

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Another one I like:

https://twitter.com/ButtTheMusical/status/1199500590616727558?s=19

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Smiles posted:

the squid with the charger saves the day as usual

Lovely work! I'm so bad with a charger :(

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Clam Blitz is the worst! I think it would be okay if you could actually communicate with your team members, but since that's not a thing I just use that time to play Turf War and fill up some ability slots.

Is anyone else at a weird "in-between" skill level? Like I get my rear end handed to me a lot when at S, but when I get knocked down to A+ I'm splattin' left and right and usually bounce right back up to S in a short while.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Also share your love for the N-Zap, it's usually my go-to for Tower Control. For Rainmaker I like the Dualies and for Splat Zones/Turf War the Aerospray. Splatting someone with an Aerospray is extra satisfying.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

In Training posted:

This is because S ranked matchmaking can put you in matches with anybody from the wide range of "just made it out of A" to "just dropped out of X". It used to be worse before X existed, you could lose 5 ranks of S+ tiers because you got placed in a match against two S+50 players for some reason

Ah, that makes sense.

I am able to get to S+0 sometimes now. My game improved when I finally got the hang of motion controls, and I was only able to do that after I quit playing for a while and, I assume, lost some of the muscle memory in my hands.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Inu posted:

I don't think I've gotten the aerospray yet. What's its deal?

Puts down a lot of ink over a large area very quickly, but it's weak in a fight.

You can kinda see me using it here:

https://twitter.com/ButtTheMusical/status/1200090867312103424?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Inu posted:

Is that the weapon that can defeat bosses just by shooting at them instead of hitting their weak point? I haven't had the chance to use that yet.

Oh my god, I had no idea.