Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I've been getting nothing but ice cream vs ice cream until just now.

The power of Marina is frightening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Elmon posted:

I had coffee cake today accidentally. I'm a traitor to my team.

I have both cake and ice cream in the house but I've only eaten the cake today. :ohdear: Maybe that's why I've only been matched with ice cream people.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lakbay posted:

it's the most optimal but it's definitely not the most comfortable

Turn up the sensitivity and you only have to move a little.

I'm one of those strange people who move their controllers around like that'll do something in any action game so the motion controls are very intuitive to me.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

EVGA Longoria posted:

Don't believe the motion control propaganda, you'll do just fine with the stick alone, with a bonus of not getting carpal tunnel from waggling like an idiot to shoot someone

You don't waggle, you twist slightly.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have no idea why I'm so determined to be an ice cream queen when I won't get any snails for it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Man I don't think I'm going to make Ice Cream Queen and I entirely blame how long matchmaking is taking.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Got matched with a 1950 team.

I'm 1750.

RIP

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Made Ice Cream Queen so now I can stop and eat some dinner.

And ice cream.

(It's birthday cake flavored as a peace offering for when we kick Cake's rear end.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm sad that I have to wait an extra week to get my hands on the full game, but this demo helped satisfy my splatting needs even if I gave myself eyestrain doing it. :downs:

I had a lot of times that I was kicked during matchmaking, but the actual matches went smoothly and I never lost connection during one. And it's entirely possible that some of the matchmaking kicks were just from the fact that every person except the 15 Pearl fans picked Ice Cream.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have a non-dual band 2.4 ghz router and was thinking of upgrading to a dual band 5ghz one. Anyone with a Switch done this and noticed a jump in better wifi signal connectivity?

I was playing the Splatfest on a 5ghz band but since I had never played Splatoon 1 on my new apartment's wifi, I don't really have a good comparison.

At the very least, all of my connectivity errors during the Splatfest happened during matchmaking but since I was on Ice Cream's side that might have partially been the lopsided popularity as well as my Internet. I noticed lag a few times during play where someone would snap out of range or the ink pattern would snap into a new shape, but I never got disconnected while playing or while results were being calculated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lube Enthusiast posted:

There's little kids playing splatoon, everyone do your part and report any creepy + inappropriate drawings u see in the square. thank u.

I wish I could report usernames, because I played against someone called "BucketsOfCum".

He was bad and I splatter him a lot at least.