Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You can still get friends to play it whenever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do y'all want a separate spreadsheet for Goon Splatoon players? One that we can update with the weapons we're maining, ranks, playtimes, etc?

I'm not sure people are actually gonna bother keeping that stuff updated, but idk.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You give them to a guy that likes to mug squidkids for their clothes, so he can eat the snail's innards.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I never played Splatoon before, what do you do when your Splatfest choice doesn't match your favorite girl?

seppuku

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You know seeing how many other sea life forms the squids oppress or enslave for their own gain.......are we the baddies?

Only losers are bad guys and our victory over those scum suckers show that.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Maple Leaf posted:

Painting walls also builds your ult iirc

It didn't in Splatoon.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Stringbean posted:

I never had a Wii U, and I preordered this because it looks pretty darn fun. Thats my story.

Whats the range on the uh, sniper rifles? Can they hit people across the entire map or is there a range limit to it?

There's a limit. different ones have different ranges.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

So how do Salmon Run rewards work?

There's a booth next to the salmon run room where you can claim them.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I've missed you bucket.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

They changed the rainmaker. It now launches a big grenade instead of a tornado.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

Has anyone found out what happens when you get the Grizzly Co shirt for a second time? Or if there is anything in the balls besides for tickets to boost your XP/ability gain in Ranked/Turf and coins?

You can sell the new shirt or replace your old one.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lakbay posted:

The top/first ability is permanent on gear still right? I haven't tried any of Murch's features yet

yep

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Night Blade posted:

A lot of the powerful things from the old game has been nerfed or removed. A lot of it is understandable and welcome at first glance, such as the removal of the bubbler, inkzooka and Kraken; but I worry that too much nerfing might make the end game more stale once people get used to the game.

I'm still having a great time so far though.

Comparing the old specials with the new ones, I've noticed that all of them seem to share an element that wasn't present in the old ones. Mainly, that none of them are instant. A big reason why the old specials were considered overpowered was that they essentially were a get out of jail free card. For example, instant invulnerability with the kraken or bubbler or one shot kills with the inkzooka. This was a problem because it was frustrating to get rebuffed like that when you were about to get an earned splat. All of the new specials have some sort of delay meaning you have to plan ahead. Even though the new specials don't have that instant power, they still can have a dramatic effect when used correctly. A lot of the specials now have a focus on area coverage like the missiles targeting multiple people with many shots or the inkjet giving you an advantageous position. In a game like Splatoon where area control is a tangible aspect, I think the new specials are still useful just without the frustration when they're being used against you.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Bloop posted:

The food truck tickets list 20 qty. Do those seem to be use them and they're gone forever type items?

That's how long the food lasts. It means 20 matches per meal.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lakbay posted:

Does ranking up in ranked battles give you anything? I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

More cash per win.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the ability that hides your landing marker when you super jump still in this?

The scroll pages in this are very good just like the first game.

Yep, I got one on right now.

edit: you can actually see what abilities are in the game and what they do from the menu screen.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 22, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

half of my losses I look at the Results screen and see someone with a 0 score on my team. How is that even possible, I saw them moving around

That means they dropped.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rainmaker in Moray Towers is pretty good. The ink rails make moving around the towers pretty versatile and the rainmakers bomb is pretty good on the narrow roads.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Frankston posted:

Also I just got this message at the end of a game:

"There haven't been many players for some time now, so the rank meter will not change."

No idea.

I think that means somebody dropped during the match.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tatsuta Age posted:

Love the indicator in ranked of how close control is from switching color. Was that there before??

It wasn't in Splatoon.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

JackDarko posted:

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

It's actually mint blue fyi.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Does the Splatnet app list the Grizz Co schedule anywhere?

I think the app will just tell you if its up. You can check the schedule from the start menu in game though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm partial to Tenta Missiles myself, but Ink Armor is pretty drat great. Though I think it's really something that needs Voice Chat to get the most out of it though, just so you can coordinate the best time to actually pop it on your buddies.

That's correct. All the Specials will refill your tank.

Get all four lock-ons with the missiles is really satisfying.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm pretty sure the armor is guaranteed to absorb at least one hit, but does have extra health if it doesn't break in one hit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So the dual squelchers drop tonight right? Any idea if we're gonna need to be a certain level to buy them? I don't remember if that was the case for the brush.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

5 people had the same weapon in a single match. If I didn't know any better, I might say a new weapon just dropped.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Now to never play tower control ever again.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr Cheeto posted:

The next hot meme to hit Splatoon's plaza posts is Crash Bandicoot you heard it here first

WOAH!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can do that through the Switch's UI itself under recent players.

You can also send friend requests through there as well.

Uh, you know if that's what you're into.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every time I feel good about winning a match I notice the other team has a 0-0 player

Fun fact: you can actually tell if there's a player missing while still in the match. If you look at the top of the screen you'll see icons for the two teams and their weapons. If the icon for a player is crossed out and their weapon is a blank silhouette they've been splatted, but if their icon is crossed out and their weapon is fully colored in, they've disconnected.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

:staredog: and this wasn't even with a ticket, just pure luck

:mad:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not even sure what splatted them (I guess a curling bomb), but it felt good when it suddenly popped up.

Also:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Any opinions on the baller. Sometimes I'll switch to the luna blaster, but I'm really not sure how I should be using the special.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

dragon enthusiast posted:

i like how the umbrella gets ink storm as a super

I'm upset I didn't notice that before. The win animation for the brella is pretty slick.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I feel my squid has accomplished its dream of becoming a being of pure grease.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

I mean I haven't bought it either but I mean who at this point has wanted to buy GTAV but hasn't yet...how is it still charting??

Think of it this way. There's always gonna be somebody who just turned thirteen.

edit: On another note, there has been some discussion in the past on the proper terminology for a certain celebratory action in Splatoon 2, and I need to inform you that the proper term is "squidkidding" because it is technically accurate and family friendly.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 21, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Moray Towers is the best Rainmaker stage in my experience.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

First run & first wave of the new map was a fog round. Still ended up clearing it. Cool map, really like all the inkable walls.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Has there been a salmon run with the brella yet? I didn't see it up when it was first released. I'm curious how good it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

How could you do that to a Callie fan....

It's easy. Just throw one splat bomb and then another when they try to swim away.