Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

da beeper king BABY posted:

Never played the original Splatoon but I'm very excited to buy my third game for a console I've had for four months. Cake and ice cream are both good but ice cream cake is trash, the worst of both worlds.

Ice cream cake > Ice Cream > Cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

da beeper king BABY posted:

Unless you're at a 12-year-old's birthday party there's no excuse for eating ice cream cake

What if I just want ice cream cake?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Rexroom posted:

Lemme ask the real question here:

On your birthday, do you want delicious cake to celebrate your day or a cup of ordinary ice cream? You know your parents love you, so why on earth would they offer ice cream on the best day of your life? Makes one think.

Why do you complement your cake with ice cream?

Because cake dries out your mouth.

Also, in order to make a single distinction:
Cheesecake > Ice Cream Cake > Ice Cream > Cake

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The top one gives me Dookie vibes, and the second one looks like it could be the picture on the back of an album or the insert.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Zoran posted:

Death to the cake eaters

I'M STIIIIIIIILLLLL IN A DREEEEEEEAAAAAM
CAKE EATER

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Pierson posted:

Is there a good writeup for tips for new players on how to play (like how to best take/hold territory, how to make best use of weapons) and how the motion controls work? I love the game but it's super-clear when there's an experienced guy on the other team.

https://youtu.be/_YC8vhdRWB4

Not a write-up, and it's really long, but it's definitely informative. I'd be willing to bet most of it will remain relevant in 2.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

So many ice cream vs ice cream in EU

Having a hell of a time though

Same in NA

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatoon has ruined all other shooters for me. That's fine though since now I don't need another console.

A shame nothing transfers over from this. A medal or special shirt would have been nice.

I have a feeling it'll be a massive ice cream popularity win with cake taking it overall from wins. My team poo poo the bed most of the times we actually went up against cake.

How do we find out who won.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Holy poo poo. 76% chose Ice Cream. loving ridiculous.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh hey I was on the right side of history this time! Congrats team cream!

Though really there is no wrong choice so we're all winners here

The wrong choice is not buying Splatoon 2.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Zelder posted:

It tastes like disgruntled target employee's balls weirdly enough

You've never tasted my balls, though.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I cannot wait to play 2017's Game of the Year,

Persona 5 on PS4
Breath of the Wild on Switch
Yakuza 0 on PS4
Yakuza Kiwami on PS4
Splatoon 2 on Switch
Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Kirios posted:

Let us preload next time you stupid idiots this is a solved problem in 2017.

Yeah Nintendo hosed up big time with that. I wish you could pre-order/preload off the eShop, but no. That would be a good business practice

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

It's very Nintendo

I'm awake and ready to splat all day!!!!! Well from like 2pm onwards as I got invited to a mega early Dunkirk screening

When I first remembered this game was out after waking up my heart was filled with probably an embarrassing amount of excitement and joy

You should edit this post and tell us how Dunkirk is once you've watched it.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Switch won't work on uni wifi

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I'm sorry if any of you were playing ranked with me at any point tonight. University wifi is poo poo and kept disconnecting me.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/theycall...027153727533058

Want your Rainmaker, Inkling Boy?' Pearl asked. 'I only repeat myself because you really do not seem that eager.' She held it up, smiling. She was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big orange buttons. A bright tie, electric-blue, flopped down her front, and on her hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore.

Yes, sure,' Inkling Boy said, looking into the stormdrain.

And ink? I’ve got pink and green and orange and blue...'

Do they splat?'

Splat?' The clown’s grin widened. 'Oh yes, indeed they do. They splat! And there’s Crusty Sean's...'

Inkling Boy reached.

Pearl seized his arm.

And Inkling Boy saw Pearl’s face change.
What he saw then was terrible enough to make his worst imaginings of the thing in Marooner's Bay look like sweet dreams; what he saw destroyed his sanity in one clawing stroke.

They splat,' the thing in the drain crooned in a clotted, chuckling voice. It held Inkling Boy’s arm in its thick and squid-like grip, it pulled Inkling Boy toward that terrible darkness where the water rushed and roared and bellowed as it bore its cargo of storm debris toward the sea. Inkling Boy craned his neck away from that final blackness and began to scream into the rain, to scream mindlessly into the white autumn sky which curved above Sturgeon Shipyard on that day in the fall of 1957. His screams were shrill and piercing, and all up and down Inkopolis Plaza people came to their windows or bolted out onto their porches.

They splat,' it growled, 'they splat, Boy, and when you’re down here with me, you’ll splat, too–'

His shoulder socked against the cement of the curb and Inkling Girl, who had stayed home from her job at Grizzco Industries that day because of the flood, saw only a small boy in a yellow rain-slicker, a small boy who was screaming and writhing in the gutter with muddy water surfing over his face and making his screams sound bubbly.

Everything down here splats,' that chuckling, rotten voice whispered, and suddenly there was a ripping noise and a flaring sheet of agony, and Inkling Boy knew no more.

Inkling Girl was the first to get there, and although she arrived only forty-five seconds after the first scream, Inkling Boy was already splatted. She grabbed him by the back of the slicker, pulled him into the spawnpoint...and began to scream herself as his body turned over in her hands. The left side of his slicker was now bright pink. Enemy ink flowed into the stormdrain from the tattered hole where his left arm had been. A knob of tentacle, horribly bright, peeked through the torn cloth.

The boy’s eyes stared up into the white sky, and as she staggered away toward the others already running pell-mell down the Inkopolis Square, they began to fill with rain.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

100YrsofAttitude posted:

drat is that how "It" is written? I should read some Stephen King (never had up till now). It reads wonderfully scarily.

Minus all the Splatoon additions, that's a direct quote from the book. Spoilers for the very beginning of an almost 30 year old book: It's lifted from the part at the very beginning where Georgie dies.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The Gorp posted:

Steven King is my favorite author to never read.
Most of his passages are amazing in isolation, but the books as a whole are just unpalatable for some reason.

Oh wait, this is the Splatoon thread.

Try some of his short stories. Dolan's Cadillac (Splatillac) is pretty good. I'm not big on reading, but I'm really enjoying "It" and I really enjoyed Dolan's Cadillac when I read it in middle school.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

King is a clunky writer at times but I also find his work really easy to binge. The pages just fly by, and not in a poo poo Dan Brown way. He's a good storyteller and world-builder.

Also that IT post is amazing

Also something else about Splatoon to make this more on-topic

I agree. He's kind of just a trashy author. Not in a "writing gay cowboy smut" kind of way, but in a "I know this is stupid, but it's still an extremely fun read" kind of way. It's really cool to see him build the world of Derry with random bits of useless trivia like they do in the Trails games.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Next Splatfest: Tim Curry v. Bill Skarsgård

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

In Training posted:

Anyone who votes "egg" is a godless heathen.

Hello. I am a godless heathen. I chose egg.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

If they could hurry up, that'd be great

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

October Expansion >>>>> main story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Finally, finally, Nintendo has answered our prayers and made a game with a level based on the movie Cube

Mario Kart Double Dash?

e: I read Gamecube, whoops. It's been a long day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!