Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

BattleMaster posted:

I've seen some people say Ink Armor absorbs one hit but in my experience it's more like it absorbs enough damage to go from full health to dead before it breaks. Like I've heard the armour twang sound multiple times when getting hit by SMG fire before it breaks. What's the deal with it?

In my experience it feels like it breaks in one hit, but you're still invincible for a half second after that hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

In Training posted:

This is something they need to fix asap

You can replace them when buying stuff any other way, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I haven't tried it, but you could probably get around it by ordering a pair with the main ability you want off a squid in your plaza, since Merch gives you the choice of which to keep.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

raditts posted:

Man, is there anything more worthless than a loving charger on salmon run

I can't think of a single situation where a charger is better than a splatling in salmon run. They're not much better at killing bosses than most weapons (oftentimes worse, on later waves when having the time + space to charge a shot is hard), and they are absolutely terrible at handling the hordes of regular salmon. Not to mention any weapon can do long range revivals better by throwing a grenade.

Now, the .92 Gal - there's a great bosskiller. Good range, can easily take out any boss in one cycle, and it cuts through the chum fast.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Bill Barber posted:

You can test the sensitivity in the square with regards to turning quickly. Won't give you real battle conditions, but at least you can get a feel for what works.

You can actually change your sensitivity in the weapon testing area too! It's an option that shows up while the weapon menu is open.

I missed it until I had already played with the settings enough, but it's probably the best place to get a feel for it since you can use actual weapons there.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

dog nougat posted:

Eh. I'll grant you that it's better than the previous rotation. The zapper and the splattling are fine, inkbrush can at least make a quick path across grating and through ink, but it and the nozzlenoze are still pretty drat horrible for salmon run.

Nozzlenose seems fine if you ask me (aside from having to pull the trigger constantly). The semi-auto makes it hard to use in regular multiplayer, since you have to be a lot more accurate than with most other guns, but in salmon run the enemies are a lot slower, larger, and more predictable, so it's easy to land all your shots. Aside from that it has good range, accuracy, and damage for a shooter.