Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I tried drawing at the mailbox, but I had to erase it because there was a game patch and you can't upload a drawing from an unpatched game, so there's a couple hours' work gone. Some of the drawings I see are really similar to official or existing art, are people using some kind of program to print these things? One was a greyscale version of the Pearl/Marina reveal art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Having a lot more fun than in the last demo. It cut me off during the tutorial so I had no idea and put it down after a few minutes. I've still only used the basic water pistol-looking thing, though. I got all the way to cake king!

e: also i ran out of batteries and i don't have a tv so i'm done for today

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

My moray tower team mates kept jumping off the side at the start leaving me to paint all the way down. Then baddy roller guys snuck in behind them anyway

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

eonwe posted:

41/99

no way im gonna make it

i believe in you. you got to paint with your heart

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got burned out like a hour ago but was halfway to king

I expect Cake to win for the sole reason I fought like 4 teams total and only won 1 due to messing with weapons I'm bad with (roller and splatterscope). Jetpack still sucks rear end and feels like it's impossible to kill anyone with. I don't get it at all and can't wait to get the missiles on the splattershot so I can forget that trash exists.

Also I thought Stingray is supposed to let you see people through walls? That thing is still utterly hot garbage.

The jetpack seems to want a direct hit to splat someone. I mostly used it to ink stuff, but if someone sees me up there I'm gone. Even the roller guys had an easy time hitting me with their jump attack

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I took lots of photos of Pearl dancing I will share all of them with you

Marina's boring and didn't dance

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh hey I was on the right side of history this time! Congrats team cream!

Though really there is no wrong choice so we're all winners here :)

my squid neighbors were executed in the street for harbouring a slice of banana bread

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I took tons of pictures of Pearl but my PC corrupted the microsd somehow

EB Games has a whole lot of Splatoon garbage including the Pearl cap from the game cover https://ebgames.com.au/loot-231911-Splatoon-2---Inkling-Trucker-Hat-Loot

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Zelder posted:

she's kinda moe in personality in a sexy DJ appearance.

???

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Booyah!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

spoiler at the end of the singleplayer game you learn [spoiler]marina lip syncs[/spoiler

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Unlocks are fun, except in local multiplayer games where multiplayer stuff is unlocked in singleplayer mode. The map rotation's ok, I was able to get used to just two maps at a time in the demo instead of having to learn everything at once. Lets you get into a groove. I hope that we don't have the same maps at the same time each day, though, that'd suck

These Callie/Marie amiibos are hard to get

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Frankston posted:

I'm glad I found out now that vertical paint doesn't count because I spent a lot of time in the demo painting vertical walls

You were patting yourself on the back each close victory while your team mates were grinding their teeth hahaha

Saint Freak posted:

They aren't region locked as far as I'm aware so just grab JP ones? Looks like there's a bunch on Amazon.

I was going to ask, thanks

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My purchase went through!

...On my preorder at EB Games, and I'm heading home with it right now along with a Splatoon Pro Controller :smuggo:.

heck yes got my cartridge and my i forgot the controller poo poo

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Apparently it IS in options. Somewhere.

it's a button labelled 'player options' under the motion control sensitivity iirc

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Are the foods from Crusty Sean timed, like potions? Is there a reason not to buy them as soon as I get a ticket?

I really like this. Marina's squatting to get into shot with Pearl

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Nephzinho posted:

There is a baller 4 slot jacket available on Splatnet for order right now! Up for the next 11 hours. Also a pretty nice pair of shades.
Thanks for the tip. I can order things on the app without having to pay for them until I have the cash. I guess this means I can order something that's about to go out of stock, then save up for it? I can change the order to another article at any time so there's no reason not to have something on order

Co-op mode is sweet and lets you practice with friends

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The most important team role is morale officer, your responsibilities are a) press the Booyah! button b)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

team bland vs team blander

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Kaubocks posted:

got up to the go-getter rank in salmon run. anyone know if your rank carries over between when salmon run is available?

The manual says yes it stays

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

In Salmon Run I have trouble with ink management. I don't have enough ink to throw a bomb when I need it because I've been shooting all the little salmon, and the flying missile guy is the worst boss because I keep getting cut off when I run from the missiles

I expected a reward for getting all the collectibles in singleplayer, does the book actually do anything?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Glowflies while the team has roller and brush is incredible

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

President Ark posted:

they use squid ink as a sauce in japan so i imagine it's not inedible

Yeah but after twenty minutes sitting in the kind of sunshine Inkopolis gets

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Having finished singleplayer with the umbrella, gently caress the umbrella

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there any special reward for beating single player levels with each weapon or is it just a completionist thing?

Also I can't wait for the next Splatfest so I can learn the name of that song I like so much. (it's the one where the singer sounded like they were saying "lonely road" at the end of one line. not that that will help anyone)

Is it one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrRkA0lwVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwdtpjHsxjU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Buying all the weapon upgrades in singleplayer unlocks purchasing 50% food tickets for 1500 power eggs. It's not really worth grinding for but you'll have tons and tons of spare eggs if you're unlocking the hero weapons for turf war. Don't bother smashing every crate

Completing a level with each weapon also awards a 50% food ticket but that's totally not worth the time

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

Its more of a consolation prize, "Look you wasted so much time in single player you're gonna need help catching up on your multiplayer level, have this food ticket"

lol as if you'd even be playing turf wars if i hadn't personally saved inkopolis from the marauding giant electric fish you're welcome

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I''m ranked one above go-getter. I've had the manhole one a couple of times and it was pretty smooth. Grillers I've had a hard time with unless the gatling gun player's on the ball. Keeping the stage inked makes running away a lot easier, too

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I wanted to see cute drawings of squids, if I wanted to see unfunny horseshit I'd go to something awful dot com forums

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

There's no reward for finishing every stage with every weapon, don't do it

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

well why not posted:

What's the best way to play handheld? Motion control enabled has my camera always pointing at the sky due to how I hold the Switch. Using the sticks works fine but surely there's a trick to getting handheld working nicely portable.

I can't get it to go either, I just have to hold it the way it wants me to. Set sensitivity to maximum imo

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Taikuri posted:

Maybe try to hammer Y to reset camera time to time.
I just gave up during beta splatfest and put switch down on table and used joycons in their dock

Sadly it only goes so far. I think they assumed everyone would be playing this game with the controller or joycons instead of handheld

I got a round of glowflies when I had the charger. The whole team was at the bow of the ship so all the salmons came in straight lines, it was great

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

yergacheffe posted:

Alright which one of you guys did this

Looks almost like Gimbal lock's squid

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is there anything of significant merit to beating the single player campaign with every weapon or am I just putting my effort into crusty sean tickets?

There is no reward beyond the hero weapon skins and the tickets

jetpackhewy posted:

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

There's a refresh button which syncs instantly for me. Open the extended singleplayer stats, then hit it

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

TFRazorsaw posted:

so wait, I can use the hero weapons in multiplayer if I beat the campaign with every weapon? Is that what you're saying?

You only need to complete the campaign with the weapon you want to use. They're still restricted by level and the umbrella isn't available

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Kaubocks posted:

i feel it cannot be overstated how god drat long it takes to level up in this game

even winning the majority of my games, using crusty sean tickets, and getting freshness bonuses, it took me HOURS to go from level 15 to 16

i just... want... a squelcher........... nintendo please, my family is dying

I fired up the game for a few minutes for morning tea friday (australia) and there was a level twenty character in the hub. How much time did the press have to play before release?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

HellCopter posted:

How the hell do I beat the shower boss with the Hero Dualies

The boss always goes to the centre tower first, ink it up and get on the corner of the trampoline. You're aiming to jump off the trampoline towards the boss to splat a couple of flying guys in midair

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

When I get the roller during Salmon Rush special events I think it's best to ignore bosses to focus on salmon, eggs, and keeping the stage inked. I'll only kill bosses out of opportunity or if someone's in trouble. I'm convinced the ink helps the most

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I only encountered some when I got overachiever

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

NSFW - prawnography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

BattleMaster posted:

The main gun kill number in game is the total of kills and assists.

If I throw my ink mist, but do no damage, does it count as an assist?