Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rexroom posted:

The more successful you are, the harder they’ll come.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Since the last COD suuuuuuucked and I'm tired of Blops3 I'm hoping this can fill the cod-shaped hole in my heart

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Team cake

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blazing Zero posted:

for those who dont know, walmart put all those discounted store pickup orders on delay. mine got pushed back six days

Never preorder a game, hth

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You should play botw if you have a switch. For shame.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Team cake due only to personal preference.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like this thread is gonna get horney about video games and that's not good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Negrostrike posted:

Do you get a boner every time you go to the beach or pool and see women in swimsuits?

Is this your first video game thread?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Overwatch is cool and good but this isn't the overwatch thread. Also this thread, as mentioned, is teetering on becoming horny.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Team cake enough said

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

geez you're just wrong about everything

I think you misread, I said team cake.

Cake owns fight me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm pretty sure ownership doesn't transfer over regions, and not over the separate accounts required to download in different regions. So if you want to play in US, JP, and EU you need to buy the game 3 times.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just put a wireless access point on your existing network and don't use the isp wifi?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought splatoon 2 today. I am prepared to jump in and also suck badly

Are there any good videos on the basics of playing and not sucking? I literally know nothing about this game other than I like its art style and I want a MP shooter for my Switch.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 14, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I recently got both splatoon 2 and COD WWII.

RIP COD :rip:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where do I go to find other modes besides turf war? I hit level 4, so I can customize my clothes and guns, do I have to wait yet to open the other modes?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As a newbie to this game, at level 4 and confined to turf war, my one takeaway for other newbies is “INK YOUR GODDAMN SPAWN”. So many times my team tears off across the map, leaving our spawn point bare.

There needs to be a IYGDS emote in game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well, today I learned something. I guess I’ll ink after I die

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Don’t get mad at video games.

Anyway, even turf war gets a lot better at level 4 when you can unlock the paint roller and steamroll fools. I would agree there should be other ways to get to level 10 or the cap should be lower to get into ranked mode.

I’m having fun with turf war still so I’m not too mad about not being in ranked.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

raditts posted:

Even having one person drop out of the match often leads to you being utterly dominated by the other team, so it's extra frustrating when your idiot teammates are off in a corner of the map inking ground that's already your color instead of pulling their weight.

It really does matter. I had a teammate who was apparently afk for two rounds last night, who just sat in the spawn and didn’t move and we got absolutely steamrolled.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can I change my character? I picked the boy but I feel in my heart maybe I should have picked the girl?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk: I just found out you can get a long range flick with the splat roller by jumping before you flick.

This changes everything.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Takoluka posted:

how do you not do this all the time unintentionally!?

I guess I dont jump enough?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:emptyquote:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do they ever switch up the music for queuing in a lobby? I can only go ham on the pitch shifter and flanger for so long on one song

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you manage discord and switch audio at the same time?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I usually play in bed next to my sleeping wife, so its best I dont have voice chat I think

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you report people? I’ve seen some kinda lovely stuff but assumed I had no recourse?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can you super jump from anywhere at any time or only from the spawn?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When you die in splatoon you get raptured

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I pretty much hated the motion controls in this game until tonight. I was sticking with them because everyone says “stick with the motion controls”, but they weren’t clicking.

Until I bumped the sensitivity up, turns out the default is just too low for me to use comfortably. I instantly got like double the splats I’d normally get in a round.

Hell yeah motion controls!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In Training posted:

I don't understand how people are making it to S+ in Clam Blitz and still just fundamentally not understanding how to play the mode.

I don’t know how anyone makes it out of turf war. The level 10 grind is real.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I just don’t play enough to knock out 10 levels in a day.

I feel like half my playtime is spent staring at the lobby screen, the matchmaking in this game is sloooooowww

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*pitchshifts ur posts*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is my first ever splatters and I sat and watched the concert for like 5 minutes. It was great.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How often do splatfests happen?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do I have to be a certain rank to use murch? Every time I try he just says he can’t help me now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO THE SLOT. IT’S SPLATOON 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARINA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN RECORD SCRATCH SOUNDS WHEN I SCRATCH OVER SOME TURNTABLE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE OCEANS MOST DANGEROUS FISHYARD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SPECIALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY MIMICKING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m Mom