Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Ohtsam posted:

Its digital only right now because they sold out their preorders

How the hell does this happen in the year 2017? Shouldn't preorders indicate to them how many to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

I have tried and tried and tried and I can't get this to work. Is there a goon Splatoon server, and how do I join?

The new roller is cool and good and my friend, and I love Humback Pump Track like my own son.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

From the sounds of it, it's just a sandbox map the devs can throw together every time a Splatfest rolls around. Probably even a sneaky testing template for an in-development map.

Speaking of, when you approach the main stage, if you turn left you go to Grizzco, if you turn right you go to a dead end. I suspect that that dead end will be used for SOMETHING that they're plotting. That's too much space to just leave dead.

Is there a list somewhere of the clothes/hats/shoes that has both their main abilities and the abilities you get if you buy it off Splatnet?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just realized GrizzCo is in today because Mr. Grizz doesn't give inkling holidays off.

Edit: Don't Pearl and Marina factor in how much each team won into the final calculation? It doesn't show immediately but it will matter tomorrow.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

In Training posted:

The last one was Callie vs Marie and I'm imagining the equivalent Pearl vs Marina will be insane

Nintendo left scratching their heads when three people worldwide choose Pearl.

They wouldn't even be able to make one team.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-the-system-is-broken/

For every wailing tweet from an outraged anime fan, satan keeps my body youthful for another year

Do we have to bitch and moan every Splatfest, internet? If you can't handle a benign choice in a children's game, don't play.

Like seriously, can't wait to hear Team Thank You bitching in a month when Team Please wins.

(I'll allow Team Cat to be salty all these years later. That was family we were defending.)

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

enojy posted:

I still don't understand why we all see the same poo poo from a pool of like 20-30 people. Surely this game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies already. Is it just a popularity contest, i.e. only the highest-rated Twitter/Facebook posts make it in-game?

I think it is, and it really makes me sad. I'm not encouraged to draw anything if no one will see it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Are we still posting squid kids? I want to post squid kids.

That's not my favorite shirt, but it has ink resist and it just so happened to roll three speed ups:

So now it's my favorite shirt. Also I made you guys an action shot because I could.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What's a good gear loadout for a roller, do you think?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I need a goon tournament yesterday. I know nothing about organizing but I would totally participate.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Looks like my roller rear end is safe then.

I had to stop playing salmon run this weekend. I ranked down from profreshional to whatever the hell the bottom tier was. I'm still mad. A whole lot of it was disconnects. Sorry Grizz, lowering the quota doesn't get it. If there's only two or three of us, that's less people to run around reviving when poo poo goes down.

I've clawed my way back up to go getter, and I'm still bone crunchingly mad. Here's some poo poo I've seen that's asinine:

-In the lower ranks, for some reason it's trendy to sit and guard salmon eggs until your coworkers come and get them. Why? Eggs don't work unless they're in the basket. Mr. Grizz isn't going to promote you because you look fresh in those overalls. Get your rear end to the basket and then kill another boss if you somehow lost an egg.

-I played a Goldie round where no one knew to hit the geysers. Are you not curious as to why they suddenly appeared? Ink first ask questions later. Or at least see that I'M running around the map like a mad woman hitting them all because you can't be bothered.

-I got a mothership round where we got an ink brush, a luna blaster, a flingza roller and a disconnect. I had the roller, and I was shot gunning everything out of the air best I could, but goddamn. Mr. Grizz, poo poo like that is how unions get formed.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
To me, the flizinga feels like the Splatoon 1 roller and the regular Splatoon 2 roller feels like the Splatoon 1 carbon roller. It's not a perfect comparison but it's close enough.

The Splatoon 2 carbon roller feels like a toy, meanwhile.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What happened to the goon tournament? Is that still happening? I'd be happy to help organize if that brings it along.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Why would sub abilities be disabled?

Also, speaking of sub abilities, I can't decide what to do. I have hunter high tops with ink recovery up as their main ability. I want to use some chunks to get three ink saver mains on these shoes. However, I've rolled two ink resists on them. Do I farm and spend the 30 chunks to put ink resist on them or go with wiping them and putting ink saver main on them?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What am I missing with the sting ray? I couldn’t hit the broad side of Sheldon’s shop with it. Which sucks because I have the best time with the splatling gun

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Have we figured out how to win clam blitz yet? It’s killing me. I’m A ranked and getting my poo poo kicked in down in C rank.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm a little not surprised, I was team comedy and I went through team action like a hot knife through butter. My only losses were when something obviously horrible went wrong, like a disconnect or some rear end going afk (why do they do this, it hurts me)

My husband, meanwhile, was team action, and would have had better luck if it was him and three cats on his splatoon team

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
This is something I've wondered about Splatfest, and it's going to take someone with more math skills than me to explain:

Let's pretend you have two people. Person 1 is really super great, Person 2 isn't. However, both are poopsockers bound and determined to get up to Whatever King/Queen.

You need 184 points for the highest rank. If Person 1 wins every match, and gets six points per win, Person 1 just contributed 30 wins. If Person 2 loses every match and gets two points per loss, Person 2 just contributed 92 losses. Even if Person 1 contributes all these wins, the Person 2s of Splatfest are contributing WAY more. Aren't they?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Goddamnit my two favorite ninja turtles are Michelangelo and Donatello. I could never choose.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon 3 will introduce vehicles

I want this unironically. Gimmie a big rear end ink submarine with torpedoes

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
If I’m playing Splatoon and it’s not going well, the quickest way to turn tides is to splat like a mofuck. No strategy really, just endless inkshed.

Dead squids can’t ink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Anything to make Splatfest go faster. I can play decently well, please don’t make me grind for hours to get to queen