Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

raditts posted:

Cross-posting for reminder that the Splatoon 2 switch bundle, which includes the case the green/purple joycons, is out today, exclusive to Walmart.

I got one at midnight. The joycons are extremely fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

So I got this today and haven't played the first game. What's the most important thing to know?

I agree with all of the above but also consider playing the single player levels in Octo canyon. It introduces the weapon types and gives good practice.

Or just jump in to salmon run or turf war. You can't go wrong.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I love this shifty station!

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

You could also ask for a goon in discord to play a match with you while wearing it and place an order with Murch. (Assuming you can order Grizzco stuff, I haven't tried)

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

w00tmonger posted:

Any quick way to level up to 10? Want my favorite mode from the first game

You can get drink tickets in Octo Canyon or Salmon Run that increase the rate that you gain experience. You turn in the tickets at the food cart behind where you start in the plaza.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I would rather have smiles on my team than the other three goofs. Case closed.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

vi vs emacs

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

It can be practiced in some of the octo expansion levels which is pretty helpful.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Drop roller saves my rear end all the time when I come back from inkjet. It really is useful if you jump a lot.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

This game has the ability to make me mad sometimes when I play solo. I have found however that playing with goons is chill like everyone said and it is easy to not get mad. ymmv

There is always the mute button too. I usually leave myself muted until I need to say something.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

The current salmon run weapon and map are pretty fun.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I am similarly mad about the stamp special. I have been playing salmon run only for a long time so I was pretty surprised to be splatted by mario with a hammer from the original donkey kong. It is annoying when someone pops out from behind a corner with it and there is no time to react.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Pearl had way better jokes during the splatfest announcement. That is how I break a tie when I don't care either way.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I am nowhere near ready for Splatoon 2 to be over. It really might be my favorite game. Ever.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

If the pro controller works with the cable you could get a long one to get you through splatfest before you send your switch in.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

It is not just you. I find it difficult to tell sometimes even while I am looking at the ground and inking turf.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Pro seems to figure out how good you are and put you in games at your level. I wish there was ranked turf war all the time.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Get on discord and play with goons. It is much more fun that way.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Smiles posted:

speaking of, the next rotation this weekend is mystery on lost outpost featuring one of the best weapons in the game (the armor-piercing, mob-clearing, boss-slaying grizzco slosher). mystery rotations are legitimately the best fun you can have in salmon run so i totally recommend playing a shift or thirty

This is a pro tip. I love the grizz slosher. It really is the ultimate weapon.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Smiles posted:

its actually gonna be "slay our salmons" cause its an all grizzco rotation on bay this weekend! dont miss out on the slaughter

Yes! Thanks for posting in the thread when this happens Smiles. It is outrageous that Nintendo does not send a registered letter, call my phone, text, email, or set up billboards when grizz weapon shifts are happening.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Smiles posted:

it is my belief that pounding fish monsters into a thin paste with the most overpowered weapons known to squidkind is an experience that should be enjoyed by all

so say we all

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I love lobbing blobs in salmon run. There is a random gun right now too.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Inu posted:

I've gotten myself into S+0 on Splat Zones!

I'm still in the A ranks for the other modes. I've noticed though that now, when I go back to playing Turf Wars, the match ups feel insanely easy sometimes if I get matched up with a bunch of people who are probably new to the game. I've had games where I got twice as many splats as anyone else in the match.

Now that Splatfests are gone, the best way to get in a really exciting and competitive turf war battle is to play with the squid kids in the nintengoons discord. I wish there was ranked turf war too though.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Great news everyone. Grizz guns are coming to Salmon Run on the 3rd.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Yes! Get your forks ready to eat mayo, squids.

I have been making my own mayo and using it in tuna salad. It is incredible. Store mayo is made with junk and is not very good.

I will be a mayo king once again. I am really glad Nintendo is doing this.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

oopsie rock posted:

Have you ever tried Sir Kensington's mayo? Game changer. Kinda pricey as a regular mayonnaise, though.

I have never seen it but it looks legit. The avocado oil version is pretty much what I have been making. Thanks for the tip.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

whoa buddy. you went way too far

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Always be Booyahing

Also the splattershot jr is a legit gun and not a throwaway starter.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I think of splatlings as being more like chargers than anything else since they share charge up time and good range.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Goldie seeking rounds are the exception. Some egg guarding is usually needed for those in my experience.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

Excellent salmon run boss info

This post kicks rear end. Thank you.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

gg ketchup. I hope splatfest and the free demo brought in some more players that will stick around.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Octo expansion is extremely fun and will improve your skills. The original single player is just ok but it will ramp you up to being ready for the expansion if you are new.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry it took so long to get it done, but the amazing tag Korean Boomhauer made is finally available. You can see it on their posts soon, probably.

If you want it, please quote this post and say "tag me please" so I can search for the posts in case a bunch of people want it. I'm only going to give out a handful every day just so I don't clog up the admin queue, since they're being nice enough to let me hand it out for free. Also if it's been a few days and you haven't gotten a tag you requested, feel free to PM me because I probably just got distracted halfway through doing them or something.

There is a somewhat flexible, ask me and I'll see what we can do if you really like your tags general 2-tag limit, so if you're already at 2, please consider which one you would like to drop or consider asking for a marquee scroll on your tags, for an example please click Relax or DIE's profile. Ignore the fact that Relax somehow decided to stack 2 marquees at the same time.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Now...I gotta reinstall Splatoon 2 because I really enjoyed it when I was playing it way back when. Thanks for the reminder!

tag me please

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I almost always side with Pearl because she has great taste. It worked out this time.

Roll Fizzlebeef fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 18, 2021

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

lol if you are not already booyah-ing anyway when your teammate fires off the bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

use your right thumb to booyah