Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nintendo should end this one with another vote for the best sister, and just to troll everyone the two that lost both splatfests should be the hosts for splatoon 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All amiibo deserve your love, set your friends free!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's too late for that you need to eat consume this family sized bag of Funyons and 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Would be nice if we get to take our character from the demo into retail as a bonus.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Last match and I got King! That was a good splatfest, going to be so much better with more weapon options.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Results are in 1-2
Popularity: icecream
Solo: Icecream
Team: Cake

With 3 categories and not just multipliers there should be some more variety this time.

I doubt they write that text after the results are in, I mean they could. It would be easier to just come up with both win dialogs and I'd love to see all the alternates if they exist.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

I got a lot of kills with the missiles early on but people caught on to the pink circle of doom pretty quick. After a while it was only useful for flushing squids and picking off tunnel-visioned chargers.

I started using them rather aggressively on towers near the end. I'd launch them against 1-2 guys above me and rush them from around the corner firing. They would often panic backwards into cover right back into the missiles. This is mostly a win more on that map since if you are climbing the other teams tower you very likely are doing well.

Basically use them as mid range not long range to force them into your weapon range in a panic, if they don't do that they can retreat further into their own turf. They are pretty niche it's not something like Kraken where you are probably going to go find someplace to use it as soon as it's up, it's one you should try and keep up because when it's good, it's good.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 16, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, vertical space does not count in turf war.

You are correct, and angles count for a percentage, a 90% angle is only worth half a floor and a 45% angle 75%, you still want walls though, so you can go up them. Even at half value 45% ramps are generally extremely valuable for the mobility increase alone.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If most species of squid live for only 18 months, and 3-5 years being the longest living squid, if this game takes place 2 years later Callie and Marie being retired makes sense. They have to be almost dead. By Splattoon 3 everyone from the first game will most likely be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mmm squid sashimi.