Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'm really enjoying this game but holy poo poo the people who made it really don't "believe" in quality of life improvements. Lots of counterintuitive stuff, difficult to find information and annoying elements that are actually design choices. Still, way better than ARMS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

By light they mean ARMS is not really a fighter. It doesn't have combos and every attack is functionally a "neutral." Very few strategies dominate high level play and they aren't that interesting (and often amount to cheese).

ARMS plays smoothly that's the only thing I can say about it that is really very positive. It's just very shallow and by shallow I mean empty.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Lakbay posted:

It's Brella Time! Also lol the girl inkling's victory pose with it

This gun is very good??

The splatbrella is straight garbage

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

As a first time splatoon player, I find it amazing how many horrible people are who play this game. It's amazing. It's a simple game and yet people are mindnumbingly stupid relative to other games

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Can you opt out of these events?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Why do they make you participate? I never have much time to play and my one day I have free its this event I don't care for

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

That's the power of P(2P)inesol, baby

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Work on aim and try to not die I would suggest

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 10, 2017

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Splatoon players are bad, news at 11

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

If you think what nintendo made isn’t good and the correct way to enjoy the game then gently caress you you’re wrong - official Nintendo statement

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The very first thing you need to do with this game is to go into the sensitivity settings and find what is best for you. There are settings for handheld or remote, so test whether higher or lower is best and it could immediately improve your game.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Shhh splatfest numbers are all fake

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Another splatfest, time to get teamed with a bunch of mongs with stupid weapons

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

E2M2 posted:

Why isn't salmon run permanent

Because Nintendo is always right

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Picked soccer because baseball is poo poo but most soccer team players are garbage so gg bad sport for winning splatfest 3-0

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Getting 2100 for soccer is like 2400 for baseball, this poo poo is so lopsided

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Leo really really really sucks

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

If Leo wins then splatfest are fixed, end of story

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Splatoon rules but clam blitz was a mistake

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Alright here we go Nintendo, get ready to pay me:

BOTW except splatoon themed

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The Splatoon world is too interesting to not have a spin-off. Why would anyone even be upset if they did it? So long as it doesn’t slow down development of Splatoon 2 assets or Splatoon 3?

My biggest argument is that it could expand the lore significantly leading to contextual events in Splatoon 2 from things in the possible spinoff.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

My guess is that they might be moving to 5v5 mode as a primary competitor mode.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

goferchan posted:

I would hope not , a lot of maps are pretty small already for 8 players and you also run into annoying defensive stalemates sometimes esp. in clam blitz which would be even worse with 10 people. I really couldn't see them doing that . Personally hoping for Splatoon anime , I don't see a sequel announcement this early either with Octo Expansion not yet out the door

Maps would definitely need to be added or expanded for a 5 man version but 5 is an industry standard for a competitive team nowadays. Even Vainglory, the iOS MOBA has a 5v5 mode as it’s primary format.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I said come in! posted:

This basic design is what keeps me going with Splatoon 2. I love how short the matches are.

As dumb and clueless as Nintendo can be, I can’t imagine them adding BR to the actual competitive or casual rotation. If they added it there would be a separate entrance like solo or salmon run. In other words you would never have to play it if you didn’t want to.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The game is about to have a super robust solo mode, already has a fun coop mode, monthly events and casual and ranked competitive modes with league play. It’s a complete game as is but if they did add BR who would complain? The number of players would probably instantly jump by 10%.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Why would Nintendo jump into that red ocean of PUBG wannabes.

The same reason they got into shooters in the first place, $$$

In this case it wouldn’t be the entire game like fortnite or pubg, so if it becomes less popular it won’t matter, they still have their primary modes

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I picked Mikey because only the weird kids in elementary school picked Leo/Donny over him

Once again good players in NA simply choose the obviously less popular choice. That’s basically how you win splatfest I guess

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 12, 2018

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Cheating in splatoon would at least take Nintendo down another peg before they release their anti-consumer online services.

Please understand, our services are garbage.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Over time connections and other issues are getting worse with this game, what's the deal?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Night Blade posted:

Splatfest really drives home how bad p2p is.

"This dude is going to rush me, I'll prefire in the direction he's coming in"

Then the guy rushes you, absorbs all of your bullets and then kills you anyway.

Boy. That doesn't get old after the 1000th time it happens.

I can't wait until they charge for this.

It's one of the reasons there is virtually no competitive scene for this game

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

:confused: But... there is?

Nah

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

This splatfest map rotation really makes for some lopsided matches depending on team weapon choices. Don’t like it.

Probably the most poorly designed splatfest ever

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 25, 2018

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So Chaos v. Order is going to take us to the Splatoon 3 announcement right?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

having not played in a very long time i'm using a roller. drat i have no idea why i stopped playing this game. anyways what does clout do?

it replaced elo type ranking, big is good

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Im not sure a silly game like splatoon warrants this kind of hair splitting. I never said anything about matchmaking either nor did I say it went up and down. it's a replacement for your overall effort and quality during splatfests that isn't captured by your earned title. Frankly I prefer the old way

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

You're playing in Japanese prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

When you wake up to new quotes that Splatoon 3 is really far off