Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

Can't say I noticed anything while demoing or playing the test fire. Some people are just nerds

HORI need to get started on a mechical controller and bungee combo so my lag-free input experience can be FLAWLESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Everyone knows girls are incapable of wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit without they tits hangin' out.

*ahem* it's called a tool chest.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Lemme ask the real question here:

On your birthday, do you want delicious cake to celebrate your day or a cup of ordinary ice cream? You know your parents love you, so why on earth would they offer ice cream on the best day of your life? Makes one think.

I always asked my mom to make pie. Pie is great with ice cream.

Cake pmuch just sucks.

Is this a point or counterpoint because those pics fill me with utter revulsion.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

A pie is a cake.

Fightin words. See you on Splaturday.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2017 around 23:11

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

No its either embargoed or it requires a day-1 patch or something so just wait till tonight we've talked about this like 20 times just wait a day

C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! Who reads 40 pages of squid hype just to see if their questions are answered?

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Launch day work crew checking in to confirm that it's great to splat in the bathroom while you splat in the bathroom.

Kirios posted:

Movement speed in Inkling form seems really good for Roller.

In Splatoon 1, inkling speed up didn't work while rolling. It would be fantastic if it did in this game.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 17:59

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not a reference, he's making a reaaaaally roundabout joke that Perl definitely was not.

Nah it was a pretty straightforward joke about the ambiguity of the word "sponge" that the localization team threw in there intentionally.

Escobarbarian posted:

Like....the birth control thing from the Seinfeld episode?

Precisely.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2017 around 13:06

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

The GIG posted:

Hell of a reach there my dude.

No more of a reach than any of the other obvious double entendres in the game.
Edit: who does the localization? If it's the same team that did Monster Hunter Generations, it's 100% intentional.

Anyway so hey the video game Splatoon 2 is pretty fun.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2017 around 17:18

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

No, Capcom did not localize Splatoon.

Thanks, but that's not what I asked. It doesn't mean that Capcom didn't contract Treehouse or that both Nintendo and Capcom didn't contract the same localization team.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Capcom localized MHG with an in-house Capcom team. Nintendo localized Splatoon and Splatoon 2 with an in-house Treehouse team. They were not localized by the same team, and there was no reason to ever even theorize they were localized by the same team, and even if they had been localized by the same team (they weren't), that team wouldn't necessarily choose to put sex jokes into every game they localize.

That's true. I realize that was reaching but at this point I'm really just curious.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Treehouse is Nintendo of America's in-house localization team.

You're probably thinking of 8-4, a localization team that has worked on Monster Hunter games and first-party Nintendo games. They weren't involved in MHG in any capacity.

Thanks, 8-4 was who I was thinking of.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2017 around 18:11

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Okay the buckets are My Weapon but I wish there was an autofire bucket or something because my poor right pointer finger

I wonder if it's Nintendo subtly telling players that the buckets aren't for turf wars because I feel you pain too.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

This game needs a decent 2v2 volleyball mode because sometimes turf war isn't chill enough and I just want to unwind on the beach with some squids.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

If it's as bad as ARMS' volleyball then no thank you

I'm with you there. That is some unfun poo poo.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I like how sunken scroll #20 implies that the earth is on (at least) a 25-hour day. The internet suggests that the earth's rotation slows an average of 20μs each year. A 25 hour day would take around 180,000,000 years to occur without any additional influence.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

In Training posted:

It's because you're remembering a lot of Splatoon 1 from what was added over the first 6 months.

Plus a $60 price tag on top of that. I remember thinking "gee, is this it?" even though I had a blast playing turf wars; but in retrospect, totally worth buying a Wii U to play (I've done worse). Some of the initial versions of the levels were terrible.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I barely started building rank in Rainmaker and just had a match in The Reef where I was leading the Rainmaker carrier up the final ramp, inked the podium to the left, and continued up the ramp to hold off spawning opponents while the carrier dunks it. I saw a glow in the corner of the screen and turned to see the idiot following me so I quickly squidded back to the podium and gave it hefty seabagging while the carrier slowly realized he's playing Rainmaker and dunked it. I can't wait to skip C entirely once this bar fills.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

The Bloop posted:

If ... you are complaining that some particular weapon is overpowered, then for squid's sake use that weapon and GET GUD

This is the correct answer at any rate. Every weapon has a foil/counter. Gitting gud with the dynamo in S1 showed me its weaknesses and strengths and other players using it ceased to be a problem, regardless if I was using the dynamo or one of my other favorites (bucket, nzap, splatling).

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

This pre or post nerf? The problem with that drat piece of poo poo is no matter how fast you were trying to either shot them first or dodge out of the way the lag got you 99 times out of a 100. At best you could trade kills.

The "delayed wind up time" was only enough if you were looking straight at them as they popped out to jump & swing at you. It was just plain stupid. Trislosher has nothing on that disaster of a weapon.

I was talking post-nerf, assuming you mean the change that forced dynamo users to aim at what they were trying to splat. It didn't really change my game since I aimed my roller flicks anyway; but it definitely cut down on the easy/accidental triple and quad kills. That thing was just obscene.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Weird poo poo happened in my salmon run tonight. I got cornered on the beach by salmonids at low tide because I was out of ink, so I activated the inkjet with a couple seconds left in the round and was able to cruise around while the other guys messed around after the round's end. They had already super jumped back when the inkjet ran out and I returned to the beach. The game forced me into the water with 6 seconds left on the clock for the next round. Upon respawn, I super jumped back to the spawn a few seconds late for the round. I dig all the crazy contingency poo poo that Nintendo puts in their games.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I'm going to have to side with Pearl on this one, too. My consciousness already made up my mind since dreams where I'm invisible are cool and all but dreams where I'm flying are Even the ones where I can barely hover or keep bumping the ground.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Pretty sure Pearl is flying since it's on the left

Yeah, that's correct. trumps "cool and all" in my book. Team Pearl all the way on this one.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I just noticed that Crusty Sean constantly sheds panko and I can't not think of

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I finally bought the rapid blaster last night and went right into rainmaker with it. Hooooly poo poo this gun is my jam. I feel like I trade kills a lot less because most of the time I can range them and they die quick, but sometimes they get inside my bubble and I have a tough time getting the direct splat. In the latter cases, I try and at least drop a mine before I die, hoping they get hit by the splash for a kind of team-wide haunt.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Does anyone else play while standing for Salmon Run?

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Doesn't comeback only activate if you died without splatting anyone since your last death or am I thinking of another ability/making up poo poo?

Also, given the nature of Splat Zones where the first team who caps the zone tends to win a vast majority of the time, it seems Opening Gambit might be good for this mode. Can anyone speak on this? I don't even own gear with OG/LDE but recent conversation has been making me think about getting some.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2017 around 18:28

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Ugh mothership sucks with the aerospray splatterscope and literally no one else is shooting it

Troof

Edit: Oh how I love profressional griller rounds where I'm the splatterscope! Not only can I barely hit the sweet spot on the grillers, my team lets me clean up all the smallfry while doing it!

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2017 around 02:27

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Forge Splattershot Pro comes today at 19:00 PT. Set includes Suction Bombs and the long awaited Bubble Launcher special.

If I run into any of you this weekend, I apologize ahead of time for my brutality.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

MacDonald's fries smell like skunks. Chicken nuggs all the way.

Gimbal lock posted:

That's kind of hosed up that they've finally started using these for advertising, imo

Wasn't MacDonald's one of the places that always had the hotspot things for 3DS?

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Climbing the 1900s, things are looking pretty good for Team Flight.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

All it takes to get back into Overachiever hell is two really bad groups and one disconnection.

I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be to have random weapons on Salmon Run, so I'm happy to see Nintendo was on the same wavelength. I hope they have some way of balancing the weapon group as a whole. While 4 rapid blaster would be really fun, 4 goo tubers would be utter poo poo.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I'd rather read pithy dialog from internet males. It's fun to guess who will be the next zolthorg.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Why couldn't we have gotten Mahi Mahi (complete with bounce pads) instead of Kelp Dome? Mind you I LOVE Kelp Dome, but only because I loved hucking waves of death over the walls in S1 when the Dynamo was good.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I hope the Tenta Brella is good cause I'm gonna load up on Inkline gear and rock the hell out of it.

Have the sweet spots for bomb def. up been mapped by the community yet? Last month, I got headgear from Grizz with 1 main and 2 subs of BDU but have held off on commiting 30 chunks to that third slot until I have a good understanding of the logical cutoffs. I like the hard-hat aesthetic for the ability that shields you from explosions and poo poo raining from above.

Also, it figures that after finishing a Special Charge Up drink to grind chunks, my Pro Trail Boots leveled with all BDU subs, so I stuck with that. Is that one of the pieces that doesn't benefit from drinks or did I get "lucky" with the rolls? Considering it's Inkline gear, it seems more than coincidental.

Lakbay posted:

1 main and 2 subs to survive 2 direct burst bombs

Cool, thanks! Is there no amount that will survive direct splat/auto/curling/suction bomb blasts or are those clamped to always deal a killing blow?

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2017 around 15:34

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I kinda wish it made the bubbles take more damage to burst, since I often just use them to block and distract rather than kill.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

^burtle posted:

20,000 to scrub is still crazy for just 3 perks. I'm at the point where I only play on lunch and still needing 15 more ink resist ups to eventually craft that "perfect piece" is gonna take forever.

Perfect gear is really expensive to craft because of the reliance on waiting for double abilities to roll randomly (to avoid ponying up 50 or 60 of the drat chunks). I play a couple hours a night and the only way I've been able to bankroll it is though Salmon Run winnings and using double money food during Splatfest. All other times I have a drink active corresponding to the next ability I'm grinding chunks for. You may want to give up on crafting perfect gear and just concentrate on getting those 30 chunks to spread across an entire outfit. While more flexible, it'd be far more expensive and time-consuming to mandate that those 3 pieces of gear need be "pure".

LethalGeek posted:

Doesn't even have to be chargers, any long range weapon on that perch is a royal bitch to get after. Before I swore it off I sat there with pros, squelchers, and the splatling annoying the hell out of everyone and laughing at the stupidity of it.
This is the simple truth

I'm with you on Moray. I was never a charger user, so in S1 I loved sitting on the sniper perch with a hydra splatling and enough bomb distance up to easily huck a splat bomb onto the other sniper perch.

Chrysalis fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2017 around 18:29

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Report then with the Nintendo online app. People really do get banned for that afk poo poo

And always block them so you never play with that idiot again. I can understand being AFK in the first 30 seconds because maybe you jumped into a lobby and ran to take a piss or grab a beer or rip a bowl; but if you're standing there the whole match doing nothing or purposefully being ineffective, you deserve every second of that 48-hour ban.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

I feel that it's fair to blame your team in Salmon Run sometimes, because the objective isn't solo-able and sometimes you end up with 3 boat anchors for teammates. To say that a win can be guaranteed under any condition by the actions of a single player is plain wrong. For example, recently I had a low tide round 3 in Outpost where I was still spamming "This way!" 20 seconds after the round started while I was dealing with 4 bosses that had spawned by myself. I got overwhelmed, died, and then somehow we wiped seconds later. I've never seen 3 people phone it in like that, especially not on Profressional.

LethalGeek is right. As someone that's been busted down to Overachiever 2 or 3 times before, there is a gulf of skill between average players in Overachiever and Profressional. The last time I got demoted, it took hours to get promoted again. I recall a couple goldie rounds where I was literally the only one popping manhole covers, a mothership round where no one but me ran eggs, and all the other games where I was delivering double and sometimes triple the eggs of the next guy. All things considered, the majority of matches were round 3 wipes, and I was going after bosses and eggs like gangbusters while cleaning trash mobs. The reality is that many players don't pull their weight and it's more prevalent or obvious at Overachiever, and the other players can only take up so much slack before a loss is guaranteed.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

I got this yesterday and the first game I played online I had a guy with the paintbrush just swinging it around our spawn that was already covered in paint. Nice kick in the head to get me excited for being mad at my team.

It was probably a literal child on the other side, so try not to get too mad. I noticed the same thing when I first started playing turf war and it seems like matchmaking takes a bit to figure out how to place you with other players close in skill level. Maybe I'm full of poo poo, but it seems like turf war has the same skill ranking mechanic as splatfest, except during splatfest, your matchmaking rating is displayed as your "power level".

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

One of those weird coincidences happened in my last Salmon Run just now. I was sitting in the lobby with the other 2 players and said out loud to myself, "poo poo, I definitely don't have time to get a beer." Seconds later- I poo poo you not- a player named "Beer" slides into the 4th slot.

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

The theme should have been wiping standing up or sitting down

Folders vs bunchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrysalis
Jun 1, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

bunchers?!

Wadding up a whole bunch of TP