Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends! Finally made my way over to this thread. I've added the couple of you who added me from their U friends lists too.

Played this back in Jan as well as during the stress tests and love it as much as ever, and happy the new controls didn't seem to take much getting used to. Could very well see myself sinking a similar amount of hours as the first one into this (hundreds) if I'm not careful.

Gone for Ice Cream in the Splatfest although the correct answer is obviously both together because the ice cream makes the cake less dry and it's a delicious combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Decided to help my friend out with shooting a video today which ate into Splatfest time but only a few minutes away from home now and so excited!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So many ice cream vs ice cream in EU

Having a hell of a time though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I love being able to play this game with the Pro Controller

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you need 4 people to play Splatfest with a team? Not working with just my friend and I. Was hoping it'd just auto-connect two more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't keep up with this thread y'all post a lot of nonsense about the squid girls and whatnot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's probably for the main game, and not this Splatfest?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've said this before but drat being able to choose your jump point while waiting to respawn is such an awesome game-changer

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No way ice cream isn't winning this Splatfest. All my losses have been to other ice cream teams. Wiping the floor with the cakes.

e: I'm very glad I swapped jump and sprint on BotW cause jump is the same as here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still no EU Splatfest results unless I missed something

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gimbal lock posted:

Reviews will probably only reflect the single-player.

Nah, people who have the game can play online. One of my friends who's an "influencer" has been playing for 2 weeks the jammy oval office

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, that Splatfest made the hype SO REAL for me. 3 days 7 hours 3 days 7 hours 3 days 7 hours

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reviews are up.

quote:

Even more frustrating: You can’t queue with a team of fewer than four players.

PISS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
PUBG is a great shooter for people who don't usually like shooters. I find it intense as hell even when basically nothing is going on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really tempted to get the Callie/Marie amiibo now dammit

hey did the alternate colours of the main 3 Splatoon 1 amiibo (orange squid etc) have anything different from the usual ones except for the paint job?

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 18, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Literally bought the last Marie and one of the last Callies on Amazon UK, hell yeah

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I said ocd not autism

I generally wonder if people with tidying issues would hate this game for how messy it is

I don't actually have OCD or anything but god drat if I don't find filling in all the spots people have missed in your team's area to be the most satisfying poo poo ever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Either 11 or 12 hours for me! (depending on if it releases midnight UK time or mainland Europe time) I cannot sit still or anything I'm just so pumped

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

If we go by midnight EST isn't that like 4AM for us UK scrubs?

I'm assuming it releases on midnight for each specific reason. Japanese players would be fuckin pissed to have to wait until midnight US time, no?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I feel like Aerospray will remain my main. It's so good at covering turf and also not bad at splatting fools.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

Debating if I want this digital or physical. I can see playing it for a long time, especially with the new content and splatfest stuff happening so often, but I don't have an SD card in my Switch yet so I don't know if it will even fit with the patches and updates all in there on top of the game

Main download is only 3.3gb, so I guess it depends how much other stuff you have.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coolspaz posted:

Are there any clear "must have" abilities? I figure fast respawn and slow their respawn could be useful any others?

Ink refill up or whatever it's called is great, and the one that stops it revealing where you're super jumping to.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Ink Up + Ninja Squid + Ninja Jump were the 3 I always used, at least for Turf War. Maybe Swim Speed Up instead of Ninja Squid.

It's almost midnight here! I'm gettin hella sleepy but definitely staying up to play for an hour or so

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Downloaded. See some of you on the battlefield :)

e: Don't get cooked stay off the hook is such a lovely sign-off

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

How are you guys downloading it now?

UK

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Heavy Splatling unlocks at level 8 for whoever mentioned that earlier.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going to bed now but Splatoon 2 is the bloody good video game. Got to level 4 so I could stop using the Splattershot Jr and get some fresh duds then played a bit more because of course. First few matches were irritating because I was with awful people who seemed to largely be treating the game like a straight shooter (that they were bad at) but once I quit and re-entered the lobby I got paired up with better people and it was a blast again.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm weirded out by the result screen being kills and special kills rather than kills and deaths

It's very Nintendo

I'm awake and ready to splat all day!!!!! Well from like 2pm onwards as I got invited to a mega early Dunkirk screening

When I first remembered this game was out after waking up my heart was filled with probably an embarrassing amount of excitement and joy :3:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Salmon Run sounds so loving awesome but I know I'm going to absolutely suck at it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we know what the Squid Sisters amiibo do yet? Mine showed up today but I won't complete single player for a while I think.

Also ordered the 3 new ones poo poo yeah

e: I agree with the posters below me and vehemently disagree with the poster above me

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 21, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really wish experience - at least for items - was still counted via turf inked, and not the current rating system.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My friends and I just tried to use the voice chat app.....I think it might only work with private matches.

Jesus, Nintendo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep, it changes at midnight local time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's still a really bad system. They seemingly haven't actually changed how online modes work from the first game at all, except for the use of the app, which still seems to only work with private matches and Salmon Run, not going into normal Turf War or Ranked together :( (I hope I'm wrong and someone corrects me)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good to see 4 x 3 matches are still as common as ever

And that I'm still having the "shoot someone square in the face for essentially two full seconds and nothing happens and then they fire twice and I'm dead" issue :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind at all that it's basically an enhanced port but not fixing any of the many issues people have been mentioning for 2 years is utterly ridiculous (and unfortunately typical of Nintendo, but hey)

Maps changing every 2 hours is cool but I really wish they'd made it a 3 map rotation instead of 2. Still having 5 matches in a row on the same map.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every single loving time I'm one win away from going up a level with the weapon score thing I go on a massive losing streak. Eventually claw my way back up to one win away, it happens again.

going ballistic

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

So I'm wondering because it's not in the OP, but is league battle the only to play consistently with a friend on a team? You can't team up for turf battles, right?

You can't and it's the goddamn worst loving thing :(

I know I keep complaining (to counteract I will say I loving LOVE THIS GAME and I'm level 12 already and just played my first Salmon Run games while voice chatting with the app and it was a blast and I adore Splatoon 2 ughhhh) but it really is so disappointing. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to team up with your friends and go into turf war together. It's something every single goddamn person wanted.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man there was this one really good song that played during Splatfest that I haven't heard at all in the main game

e: STOP ALL DYING 20 SECONDS BEFORE THE END OF THE MATCH YOU loving SHITS

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of good places to get tokens around yet? Especially experience ones