Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cocoa Crispies posted:

And I believe putting clams in extends the timer, and when their basket closes a big football for them falls right out.

yes

and also there is a break point where you need a lot of clams before you can start scoring points after the first time. It works a bit like the tertiary timer in splat zones, but I can't remember exactly how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

The penalty score is just equal to half of points you tossed in (this includes the points you score to clear the penalty buffer).

This also does mean that's it's possible to just give the enemy team a free power clam if the penalty buffer is big enough, so you really don't want to be making potshots at the basket. You want to making big pushes with your team to score a lot of points.

Yeah, that's good advice. It was the math I didn't remember. Half? It means that after a really big push where you get 60 points or something, it's probably best to play defensive until and unless you get a huge opportunity like a team wipe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dare I buy a second Splatoon Yetee?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smiles posted:

the bolobololobber is pretty fun can't wait for it in salmon run

speaking of which, new grizzco gear btw it's the classic octoling (octoleet) goggles

Mr Grizz has been Octarians getting inklings to collect power eggs for them all along and just paying them with old junk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I almost always use Ink Saver Main because I've been caught on empty enough times to learn my lesson

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

I use Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up basically because I’m terrible at killing people so the best thing I can do is just be constantly turfing

I actually waiver between ever using recovery up or just a second main of saver

I've never done the math partly because :effort: but also partly because I'm not sure how often I'd be swimming vs firing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EightFlyingCars posted:

SSU is the best ability and the most fun ability. Always be zooming

The only problem I see with this is that if I'm zooming, I'm not constantly shooting and splatting fools

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been playing a ton of Octopath when I have free time and neglecting my squiddo

Played some Salmon Run last night

Had fun

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

I really think lots of people have a lovely wifi router and the switches wifi is meh. Having ethernet or having more than the free/$50 router at home would help a lot of people imo.

I moved the Ethernet adapter I had on my WiiU over to my Switch and I very, very rarely have disconnects in Splatoon.

Whether it's Nintendo's "fault" or not is pretty irrelevant when you can spend $10 and have the problem go away

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wrist Watch posted:

I’m gonna have to hard disagree that spending more of your own money to fix a design flaw is a proper solution.

I mean, I don't know what 'proper' is really supposed to mean in this context, but if my choices are spend $10 one time and fix it or bitch endlessly about it on the internet and still have a bad game experience, I know which is the better solution

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

If you're in the lookout for a figurine and amiibo don't cut it for some reason, there's a Inkling figma up for preorder.

As for other news, well... let's hope this week features that Nintendo Direct that was postponed last week.

They are cool and well made and reasonably priced for their quality but dammit make something different than what's already an amiibo. If they had any gear I use at all ever I would consider it. They don't.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
extremely jazzed

absolutely anything posted:

Bloblobber

Increased ink consumption by roughly 14%.
Reduced damage dealt to the Rainmaker barrier by roughly 17%.
Reduced damage dealt to an opponent's umbrella by roughly 20%.
Reduced damage dealt to an opponent's Splash Wall by roughly 20%.

they can't do this. it was legal

It is still incredibly good, calm down

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Griller rounds getting easier is extremely cool and good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jetpackhewy posted:

Not home to check, does this mean that I will no longer stay at Profreshional 400 at the start of each new shift?

I just went to Grizzco and I still had my rank. There is a button you can press to reset your rank now.

Neat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The mobility of the ink brush makes it ideal in getting eggs to the basket from grated areas. It's also great in knocking down towers, which you should be doing to keep your team alive.

Still weak as hell at that in a set with the clash blaster

I brush around killing chum and Smallfry, getting eggs, reviving, and making clear travel paths. It's very much a support weapon

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randumb Thots posted:

Anybody else think the disconnects have actually gotten worse since we started paying :10bux::10bux:?

No different in my experience: regular but infrequent

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The jump button/roll button being the same has made me roll off the bounce pad more than once.

Also, the Salmon run set is awesome and the new Grizzco weapon theme song is weird

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This sort of thing is the only good result of "cheating" in games

I like out of bounds videos

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BOOYAH

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot about the rank reset button

I think it might be fun just to push it and feel like a god for a few rounds while you build back up to profresh

Right after the Grizzco waves feels like the perfect time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1500quidporsche posted:

The October Thanksgiving is the superior one, you already get a holiday in November, it spaces things out.

Which holiday is that?

In the US we already have a holiday in October that's almost certainly superior

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is extremely cool and spoopy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

over 1000 dollars

:eyepoop:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't realize there was a hard limit to the number of gold eggs that could spawn until that last all Grizzco round and we were killing so many bosses that my poo poo kept just disappearing

At least, I assume that's what was causing it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks team for going all the way to the edge of the grating on mid-tide outpost and engaging 3 Steel eels and a steelhead as far away from the basket as possible.

Also super thanks for repeatedly using your stingray and bomb rush at the very first sign of round one chum

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Played my first HAZARD LEVEL MAX game last night.

I wasn't looking at the screen when the creepy music started and I was like O.O

Had a good team. Kicked rear end for two waves then got wiped in high tide glowflies third wave. Would MAX again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

rear end vs Tits

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I don't want the updates to end!!'

:yeah:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Playable salmonids and a dog judge in Splatoon 3

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm (not) using motion controls!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had the strangest match. One of my team discorporeated on the start pad so I was like gently caress a 3 on 4 match... then the entire enemy team disappeared. The three of us still got the entire match to ink literally everything and gently caress around. Got full clout for it, too.

Also the colors are too real and it's pretty gross when I think about it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My first time on the new stage, with pubbies, with that weapon set.

Still won 3/5 games, so I'll fukkin take it.

The new stage is definitely not my favorite, but I really do praise them for always trying new and different things

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

b_d posted:

squigits.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my hero

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pearl's concentration face makes her look like a character from Skippy

b_d posted:

what’s the headset for. everyone is right there.

She is talking to me because she is cool and real and my friend

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cheap pancakes are better than cheap waffles but top tier waffles are immensely better than the best pancakes

Team Waffles

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress

do the splat zones in shifty station actually do anything? It seems like they are just a distraction

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

They boost your coverage and are swingy.

Yeah I realized while I was just playing how they do give you some "free" ink when you take one. I never thought about them in terms of turf war before but its pretty cool.

Overall I think the Shifty Stations have been a great experiment

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have almost 300 snails and like infinity dollars. I should probably get around to making some custom gear, it just feels like a chore I'm doing while I could be playing Splatoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just reported some chode chud that named himself pewdiepie