Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Add me: SW-3100-1015-6459

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

During the testfire I did split joycons with motion controls. I'm left-handed so it ended up not feeling too good for me. I bought the game now and have been just using the shell thing or playing in handheld mode with motion controls and it feels a lot better.

I tried like two matches with motion controls off and it felt unplayable to me. I've only ever been able to play FPS games on PC with mouse/keyboard, and I don't know if all console shooters feel that awful with a controller, but there's no way I could aim as fast as you have to in Splatoon without motion controls.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

I bought it but I'm still on the fence.

If you suck really bad and never get good I can see it not really being fun. It's not like in other shooters where you can at least hide somewhere or defend somewhere. You basically have to go out into the middle of the action, and if you really suck you can just get picked off super easily. The matches are so short that dying a few times pretty much makes most of your match just walking from spawn.

I think I will enjoy the game, especially if I get better, but it doesn't seem like a game that would be very fun to me if I just sucked and everyone was way better than me.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Is blaster a terrible weapon? I feel like it's really super awful but would like to hear from someone who thinks it's good